This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding US Travel with Petition is approved by anothe employer

I work for Company A, but my H1b was sponsored by Company B. I have H1b stamped by Company B and it is valid till Sep 2018.
    I have asked Company A to transfer H1b on their name. So my current employer A has initiated the transfer, however it would take another 6 months to get H1b stamped. Now Company B has asked me to travel. Can I travel on Company B's H1b?

Comment

H1B- Job Transfer on Receipt and its associated issues

Question) I am employed by Company A with a valid work permit for another 2 years. Now I have got an offer from Company B and will join them on a Receipt.
      can I join Company C if needed before getting an approval from Company B ?? What are the risks ??

Comment

Withdrawn Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker

Hi,

My H1b lottery was cleared in 2013 but I got RFE after that , which my company failed to give documents for the same.

Then ultimately my case was withdrawn.

I want to know whether I can apply for the H1b with same number.

If yes, Can I APPLY from different employer ?

Comment

L2 EAD to H4 EAD

Hi,

I am currently working on L2 EAD and have applied for change of Status (i539) and H4 (EAD) together in June 2017. My wife H1B application is approved on June 29, 2017 (COS from L1B to H1B).

If i don't get the COS approval and EAD (h4) before october 1st , can i continue to work on my existing L2 EAD or will i be out of status?

Will my applications be approved by then?

Thanks,

Comment

Visa application process

Hi ladies and gents,

Im currently working in the Uk as a Greenskeeper/golf course maintenence, I am looking to move over and start work and live in the US, the whole process and the information I have read makes it seem a very difficult and confusing process. I understand that id need a job offer but dont know what visa id have to apply for and how to the whole process works.
            Im wondering if any of you guys and girls would be able to help make the whole process clearer for me to understand what is needed to be done?

Comment

How will late I-983 affect H1-B?

Recently DHS passed certain "compliance regulations" for the STEM OPT extension which require students to report a change of employer within 10 days while a student is on STEM OPT. Its been two months and I haven't reported yet. My employer has taken a long time to generate I-983 (I informed a month late).

Since I am "not in compliance" with STEM OPT reporting requirements, what is the worst that could happen?

There are two options for filing the work visa: change of status and consular processing

Which one should I go for to ensure maximum chances of approval?

Comment

Need information on H1 Filing in US while Employed in India Full-time.

Hi,

I have a question on getting my H1 Filed from a consultant here in USA.
                I am right now on vacation from my current employer in India and my status is H4 in US. I have a consultant who is willing to file my H1.

my company has filed an L1B Individual for me, which was rejected from USCIS this Jan. I have 2 questions:

1. is it okay for this consultant to file my H1, while I am on H4 status and legally employed in India.
                2. would my H1 results will have any impact from my L1 rejection (through my India employer?)

any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Comment

Need information on H1 Filing in US while Employed in India Full-time.

Hi,

I am currently in US on H4 on leave from my current employer. a consultant is willing to file my H1 here.
                  My employer in india had filed an L1B individual for me, which was rejected from USCIS this Jan. I have 2 questions:

1. is it okay for this consultant to file my H1 while I am employed full-time in India with my employer?
                  2. would the rejection of L1 Individual will impact this H1 Processing, since the filing for L1 was done through my current employer in India.

Any help is appreciated!
                  Thanks

Comment

Need info on H1 Transfer

Hi,

I have received my H1B in 2017 with X company and it started from Oct 2017 and in Feb 2018 i had a new opportunity and changed to a new employer Y by filing visa transfer.

Now its been only a month and my old employer wants me back and negotiations went well and now i want to move back to my old employer.

Is it possible to move back ? should my old employer file a transfer again ? How long should i wait before another transfer ?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Ratchi View Post
                      Hi,

I have received my H1B in 2017 with X company and it started from Oct 2017 and in Feb 2018 i had a new opportunity and changed to a new employer Y by filing visa transfer.

Now its been only a month and my old employer wants me back and negotiations went well and now i want to move back to my old employer.

Is it possible to move back ? should my old employer file a transfer again ? How long should i wait before another transfer ?

Thanks

Hi

You can get it transferred as many times and in as short span of time as any H1b Wants, there is no restrictions of any kind.
                      Hope it will help you.

Thanks

Comment

H1B grace period is ending and stressed out

I only have 20 days left for my 60 day grace period and no offer yet. I am a PhD holder! How can I find an easy H1B sponsor? Can I work for a restaurant, walmart, etc. ?? Anything comes into mind? Tips and tricks?
                        Please HELP.

Comment

Can I join Company B while Company A files for my H1B petition?

I am currently on my STEM-OPT. My current employer (Company A) has filed for my H1B this April. However, I received an offer from Company B, just a week after Company A filed for my H1B for 2019. I am guessing it is too late for Company B to file for my H1B as it is already passed the filing date for the 2019 H1B filing. So I wanted to know what my options are.

A) Do I need to wait to find out what my H1B result is with Company A before I can move to Company B?
                          B) How soon can I join Company B?
                          C) If my visa gets approved on behalf of Company A, is there a minimum period that I need to work for them before I can switch to Company B? (6o days or something) If so, will those 60 days be counted from the end of May when I get to know my result, or from October 1st?
                          D) Is there any way for me to join Company B asap and have them apply for my H1B even though it is already past the April 2nd filing date? What possible options do I have for joining Company B as soon as possible?

Comment

Originally posted by s22d09 View Post
                            I am currently on my STEM-OPT. My current employer (Company A) has filed for my H1B this April. However, I received an offer from Company B, just a week after Company A filed for my H1B for 2019. I am guessing it is too late for Company B to file for my H1B as it is already passed the filing date for the 2019 H1B filing. So I wanted to know what my options are.

A) Do I need to wait to find out what my H1B result is with Company A before I can move to Company B?
                            B) How soon can I join Company B?
                            C) If my visa gets approved on behalf of Company A, is there a minimum period that I need to work for them before I can switch to Company B? (6o days or something) If so, will those 60 days be counted from the end of May when I get to know my result, or from October 1st?
                            D) Is there any way for me to join Company B asap and have them apply for my H1B even though it is already past the April 2nd filing date? What possible options do I have for joining Company B as soon as possible?

You should wait until you know whether your H-1B petition with Company A has been selected under the cap. If it has been, you would best served to wait until after October 1 before changing companies. If you leave before that, Company A could withdraw your H-1B petition, and you'll lose it. Once October comes and you're in H-1B status, wait a few pay cycles so that you once a new employer files a change of employer H-1B petition for you, you'll be able to prove to USCIS that you have been working in H-1B status and are therefore eligible to "port" to a new employer under AC21. Porting will allow you to start with a new employer once they file a change of employer H-1B petition with USCIS. I know this is probably not what you were hoping to hear, but your best strategy for keeping your H-1B petition is to work for a month or so in H-1B status before changing employers. You might only get selected under the H cap once, so why risk it? The H-1B cap has already been hit, so it's too late for a new employer to file a cap-subject petition.

If your H-1B petition is not selected under the cap, then you can switch employers now. Your new employer will want to know how much time you have left on your OPT and whether you're eligible for the STEM extension.

Comment

Withdraw H1-B Petition for Nonprofit

Hi,
                              Can I switch companies while my H1-B status is approved (but not started yet) with cap-exempt companies?

I am currently working on OPT status for nonprofit, with STEM extension available. OPT is expiring in July.
                              My employer wants to file nonprofit H1-B, with start date of July. They are not going to do STEM extension. I want to get for-profit H1-B , so I am looking to switch.

Can I let them apply for the H1-B, and when I get another offer from another company (before July) file for STEM extension and switch to that company? Can they revoke this petition as I am no longer their employee or is my status stuck???
                              Am I locked if they file for H1-B (while still on OPT status)?

Thanks!!!
                              Last edited by Adit Sanghvi; 04-30-2018, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Can someone please help me with the query below:

Hi,

I need an urgent help with a query related to fresh H1 B Visa Cap for 2019-20. If a person have existing H1B and is currently it is in extension process (only for one year it can be extended and remaining has been already used and currently it is in RFE status).

Can he or his company apply for fresh/new H1B visa for 2019-20 cap?

Please check and let me know it?s very urgent.

Thanks
                                Sanjeev

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X