Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Application for ITIN for my wife got suspended. Asking for alternate ID.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Application for ITIN for my wife got suspended. Asking for alternate ID.

Hi guys
    I submitted application for ITIN for my wife on March 20, 2015 by going in person to IRS Detroit office. The official ( a very old person - seems to have not enough updated knowledge or wahtever he doesn't seem to be right - unfortunately I was sent to his cube ) verified the passports and said he sent the application of 1040EZ along with w7 ( ITIN ) to IRS office in Texas Austin where they process ITINs.
    I kept on checking status on line using where's my refund but all I get is "We cannot provide any information"..Finally I could get hold of a customer service represenetative at 1-800-829-1040 ( I had to wait for 30 mins to get hold of one!) She said the application was suspended because the IRS office cannot accept the passport as the valid identification. How come it is not? The IRS official in Detroit should have verified it and send the verified document to them. I don't understand. She said, send some other ID to get the application moving.

Does the AADHAR card count as National Identification Card for Indian citizens? Can I send it to the IRS office/
    Also how can I get quickly a certified copy of Indian Passport?

Thanks for your guidance.
    Sunny

Originally posted by h1b2k12 View Post
    Hi guys
    I submitted application for ITIN for my wife on March 20, 2015 by going in person to IRS Detroit office. The official ( a very old person - seems to have not enough updated knowledge or wahtever he doesn't seem to be right - unfortunately I was sent to his cube ) verified the passports and said he sent the application of 1040EZ along with w7 ( ITIN ) to IRS office in Texas Austin where they process ITINs.
    I kept on checking status on line using where's my refund but all I get is "We cannot provide any information"..Finally I could get hold of a customer service represenetative at 1-800-829-1040 ( I had to wait for 30 mins to get hold of one!) She said the application was suspended because the IRS office cannot accept the passport as the valid identification. How come it is not? The IRS official in Detroit should have verified it and send the verified document to them. I don't understand. She said, send some other ID to get the application moving.

Does the AADHAR card count as National Identification Card for Indian citizens? Can I send it to the IRS office/

Sunny
    "IRS office cannot accept the passport as the valid identification" - this statement seems false to me...you may want to call them again and check.

Comment

The Internal Revenue Service does employ some stupid people, but that statement definitely takes the cake.

Try to get your case escalated to someone else. Get a copy of Publication 1915 http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p1915.pdf and be prepared to have to educate them yourself...

Comment

Originally posted by h1b2k12 View Post
        Hi guys

Sunny
        Have you received the return ?
        In my case i got refund credited in my account but ITIN application rejected.
        I am not sure about the next step. I am trying to call IRS office but not succeeded even once.

Please share if you have any other information on this.

Regards
        Shashank

Comment

ITIN for my family:

I had submitted W7 initially on 13-Mar, received query and sent original passports on 8-May. I haven't heard anything for last 7 weeks. I called up last week and they said they don't know if since system has not updated.

Please share your experience, is this common or isolated case?

Comment

Aadhar Card a Important Document.

Thanks for the information ,People want to know the process of aadhar card verification. The government has made the aadhar card necessary for many government schemes like bank account link, LPG connection, Purchasing new sim card etc. If you need to open bank account or get any service like LPG connection, then adhar card is a must document.
            FinFyi.com

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X