Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided. Please use at your own risk. Do not post anything you don't want publicly visible.

Track greencard/visa apps
Immihelp Tracker
Help Others
Share Experiences
Instant Quotes & Purchase
Visitor Medical Insurance
Travel Companion
Download Mobile Apps:   iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch App    Android App

Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1

    Default Green Card Name Change after Divorce

    I have a permanent residence card valid for 10 years which I received based on my x-husband's employment status. We got divorced 6 months ago and I want to change my last name back to my maiden name.

    - How long does the process to change name on GC take?
    - Is it recommended to hire an immigration lawer to do the job?
    - Do I need to update name on my Indian Passport first? If so, does any one know how long typically it takes to do that?

    Your help is much appreciated!

  2. #2

    Default same problem

    I need the same answer as you. I have been divorced 3 months and need to change my name on my green card.

    Can someone tell me how to do this?

    Please help!

  3. #3

    Default Name change on Green Card

    In order to change last name on the Green Card, an individual has to prove that his/her last name has been changed legally. The amount of legalities involved in changing last name on Green Card are comparatively less. You will have to fill and submit Form I-90, along with which you will also have to include a copy of the order issued by the court of law, allowing the said person to change his/her name legally. If you are changing your last name after marriage, you can include the marriage certificate as proof of name change.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts