Transferring Credit while on Green Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transferring Credit while on Green Card

My cousin has recently moved to US on green card. He was an electrical engineering student back at home and had completed almost 2 years of education there. He now wants to transfer his credits to any university that would allow him to transfer credits and is affordable (and he can earn and study). The universities he contacted say that he'll be treated as an international student since he is getting his credits transferred. Is there any university or anyway he could avoid that (understanding here is that it is expensive as an international student). Any suggestions or advice?

His backup plan is to return (with re entry permit) and complete the 2 years education and then move to US again. Assuming that he'll face challenge in getting a job then, he plans to do a Masters locally from US (earn and study). Do you think this is a feasible option.

Thank you!

Are you still looking for answer

Hello

Were you able to get any solution for this? My wife also in the similar situation (xfr credits), but she went to local community college and got some credits, before moving to an Undergraduate program in Engineering.

please share your experience..

Comment

Transferring Credit while on Green Card

Originally posted by joyman View Post
      Hello

Were you able to get any solution for this? My wife also in the similar situation (xfr credits), but she went to local community college and got some credits, before moving to an Undergraduate program in Engineering.

please share your experience..
      Hi there.

I am in a similar situation,just finishing with my green card stuff.and looking for a clue fro where to start.
      Could you please narrate further what steps you took to get the credit hours,any specific college do that or any community college would do the same.
      Thanking you in advance.

Regards

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X