H1B Visa getting expired, may go back to India, need visa for kid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa getting expired, may go back to India, need visa for kid

I have 2 months old kid. Being US born, he has US birth certificate and passport. My wife's H4 visa and my H1 visa is getting expired on 20th August 2015 and I have i94 validity till 30th August. My company has applied for extension in premium but I haven't yet received the approval notice. There may be a possibility, my family has to travel back to India. For this, I need to apply visa for my kid. I checked the ckgs site for entry visa and tourist visa for minor kid and found that the parents should have at least 3
    months of valid Visa. My wife and I are Indian citizen but our kid is not. We are stuck in such a situation, I can't apply for entry and visitor visa for him. What shall I do? Which Indian visa can I apply for my Kid. Please help.

Can somebody please help!

Comment

Originally posted by abhishek1984 View Post
      I have 2 months old kid. Being US born, he has US birth certificate and passport. My wife's H4 visa and my H1 visa is getting expired on 20th August 2015 and I have i94 validity till 30th August. My company has applied for extension in premium but I haven't yet received the approval notice. There may be a possibility, my family has to travel back to India. For this, I need to apply visa for my kid. I checked the ckgs site for entry visa and tourist visa for minor kid and found that the parents should have at least 3
      months of valid Visa. My wife and I are Indian citizen but our kid is not. We are stuck in such a situation, I can't apply for entry and visitor visa for him. What shall I do? Which Indian visa can I apply for my Kid. Please help.
      Dear Mr. Abhishek,

We request you to share your queries at [email protected] to better assist you.

Please mention the link of this post in your email.

Regards,
      CKGS USA Team.

Comment

You can apply for visitor visa of your son....it takes about 2-3 weeks though

Comment

Originally posted by abhishek1984 View Post
          Answers (as I know):
          Yes, you can get Tourst visa which is generally valid for a max of 6 month stay each time he/she visits India. Details on http://www.in.ckgs.us/visa/type-of-v...ist-visa.shtml
          I think you can also try Indian e-TOURIST VISA (eTV) on arrival. Details on https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/tvoa.html

I have got Indian Tourist visa for my son (US born). The process (documents submitted via post) took exactly 1 week in SFO consulate. Good luck

Comment

Hello CKGS VISA Services,

I have the same situation and I sent an email to [email protected] however, I got the reply that 3 months valid Visa is required for parents.
            You can imagine, how helpful this reply is.

Even USA legally allows stay with Pending H1b petition and/or with approved petition then how come India seeks 3 months validity for parents Visa. On top of that we are going to India to get the Visa stamping done and for that we need to take our son as well to India for which we seek Indian Visa.

Question is now:
            Does a approved H1-B petition is acceptable legally for applying for Indian visa for our son OR its a hard requirement that VISA stamping is required and H1-B petition approval does not matter.

Originally posted by CKGS Visa Services View Post
            Dear Mr. Abhishek,

We request you to share your queries at [email protected] to better assist you.

Please mention the link of this post in your email.

Regards,
            CKGS USA Team.

Comment

I'm in a similar situation. What did you end up doing? Thanks in advance for you response.

Ramesh

Comment

Originally posted by rameshus12 View Post
                I'm in a similar situation. What did you end up doing? Thanks in advance for you response.

Ramesh
                Hi Ramesh,
                I just called CKG customer care and they mentioned that we can still apply for child VISA even if our USA VISA gets expired. Govt of India will take that in to consideration. They mentioned that to apply for Entry VISA for baby but not tourist VISA.

Comment

Originally posted by sunil254 View Post
                  Hi Ramesh,
                  I just called CKG customer care and they mentioned that we can still apply for child VISA even if our USA VISA gets expired. Govt of India will take that in to consideration. They mentioned that to apply for Entry VISA for baby but not tourist VISA.
                  Hi Sunil, do you what documents are required when visa is in extension?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X