X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 Visa Renewal and DUI

Hi All,

I need some advice.

I am currently on F1 visa and was charged with a DUI last December. I pleaded guilty to the charge of DUI in July and am currently on probation for next 1 year. My BAC level was high (0.175) but the charge was reduced to a Class B Misdemeanor in the plea bargaining process. I have completed all the required classes and will complete the required community service before my travel in December.

My visa has expired ( have a valid I20 till next year) and want to travel to India to get it renewed. I know the DUI charge will cause delays and I will have to go through panel physician examination. My question is: Will being on probation create an issue for visa renewal (i.e. lead to rejection). I do not drink much so I am hoping the panel physical should go ok ( fingers crossed), but I am not sure being in probation is going to be an issue or shall I wait till I get off probation?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Originally posted by cmbiz View Post
    Hi All,

I need some advice.

I am currently on F1 visa and was charged with a DUI last December. I pleaded guilty to the charge of DUI in July and am currently on probation for next 1 year. My BAC level was high (0.175) but the charge was reduced to a Class B Misdemeanor in the plea bargaining process. I have completed all the required classes and will complete the required community service before my travel in December.

My visa has expired ( have a valid I20 till next year) and want to travel to India to get it renewed. I know the DUI charge will cause delays and I will have to go through panel physician examination. My question is: Will being on probation create an issue for visa renewal (i.e. lead to rejection). I do not drink much so I am hoping the panel physical should go ok ( fingers crossed), but I am not sure being in probation is going to be an issue or shall I wait till I get off probation?

Hi Can you please reach me on , Kind of urgent. Thank you very much.
    Last edited by Antonise; 02-12-2017, 01:33 PM. Reason: personal information

Comment

Hey, can you let us know what happened with your case? Did you get the visa?

Comment

What was the outcome? Did you get VISA?

Originally posted by cmbiz View Post
        Hi All,

I need some advice.

Can you please share the timeline and outcome of your visa interview? What happened and how long did it take for the VISA?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X