Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B Blanket Rejected - L1B Individual Approved

Hello All,

First of all, I would like to thank Immihelp and all the past contributors for creating such a rich knowledge base. Following is my story that I hope will help some.

My company had applied for L1B blanket visa for me and my family in the month of September 2015. Unfortunately, my application was turned down by Chennai consulate in the last week of September 2015 which was obviously very shocking to me and my company. I have been with this company for more than 10 years and it is a very well known brand in the US! After reading through various reviews and consulting with company attorney, we decided to file for an individual petition. We submitted all the paperwork to USCIS with premium processing in the first week of December 2015 and it was approved in 6 days without an RFE! Later, we took an appointment for visa interview at Mumbai consulate since it was now individual petition and the visa was approved last week for me and my family. We waiting for the passports!

Questions asked at Chennai consulate (L1b blanket) -

1. Have you been on L visa before?
    2. How many of you are traveling to the US?
    3. What is the duration of your assignment?
    4. What is your current designation?
    5. What is your specialization?

Visa officer told that it was not clearly approvable and gave me blue sheet with marking on the section for "apply for individual petition"

Questions asked at Mumbai consulate (L1b individual) -

1. What is your highest education?
    2. To my wife - what is your highest education?
    3. To me again - what will your salary salary?

And then the words, Your Visa is Approved!

Going through the journey, I have learned many key things related to L1B and will be happy to share with you here at this forum if you have any questions or need any help!

Following are some suggestions which are not too different than what others have already prescribed -

1. Strong evidences of "specialized knowledge" must come out in the application if it is L1B - I focused on hands-on project experiences and significant trainings received. Generalized knowledge about company's process will not help!!!
    2. Know your petition well!
    3. Focus on the need for US unit to bring you to the US as intercompany transfer and prove that there is no one available there who can do this work.
    4. Attach training certificates, summary of projects handled and their impact on the company in case you go for L1B individual.
    3. I edited and in fact, wrote some portion of individual petition myself so as to bring the real need and specialized knowledge.
    4. Finally, stay calm yet confident - easy to say than done!

I can answer here any specific question you may have.

Thanks everyone and good luck to aspirants,

Markg

I am also in the same lane as yours. L1A blanket was rejected in Chennai & now L1A individual (premium) approved in 5 days, waiting to get the interview date at Mumbai now.

Just 3 questions on the Mumbai interview? thats it?
    Last edited by Libra_14; 01-18-2016, 07:25 AM.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Yes - only three questions!

Comment

L1A Individual

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
        I am also in the same lane as yours. L1A blanket was rejected in Chennai & now L1A individual (premium) approved in 5 days, waiting to get the interview date at Mumbai now.

Just 3 questions on the Mumbai interview? thats it?
        Hi

Please let know how did your interview went at Mumbai Consulate.

Comment

Documents for individual Visa

Hello,

I am in similar situation, L1A individual visa approved. Now my interview in Chennai. What are the documents needed to be carried? Also, any chances of rejection here?
          Thank you

Comment

Do you have any format that I can look at ??

Hello All,

First of all, I would like to thank Immihelp and all the past contributors for creating such a rich knowledge base. Following is my story that I hope will help some.

My company had applied for L1B blanket visa for me and my family in the month of September 2015. Unfortunately, my application was turned down by Chennai consulate in the last week of September 2015 which was obviously very shocking to me and my company. I have been with this company for more than 10 years and it is a very well known brand in the US! After reading through various reviews and consulting with company attorney, we decided to file for an individual petition. We submitted all the paperwork to USCIS with premium processing in the first week of December 2015 and it was approved in 6 days without an RFE! Later, we took an appointment for visa interview at Mumbai consulate since it was now individual petition and the visa was approved last week for me and my family. We waiting for the passports!

Visa officer told that it was not clearly approvable and gave me blue sheet with marking on the section for "apply for individual petition"

Going through the journey, I have learned many key things related to L1B and will be happy to share with you here at this forum if you have any questions or need any help!

Following are some suggestions which are not too different than what others have already prescribed -

Originally posted by markg View Post
            1. Strong evidences of "specialized knowledge" must come out in the application if it is L1B - I focused on hands-on project experiences and significant trainings received. Generalized knowledge about company's process will not help!!!
            3. Focus on the need for US unit to bring you to the US as intercompany transfer and prove that there is no one available there who can do this work.
            4. Attach training certificates, summary of projects handled and their impact on the company in case you go for L1B individual.
            3. I edited and in fact, wrote some portion of individual petition myself so as to bring the real need and specialized knowledge.

Markg
            I have applied for L1B individual and has received RFE for providing more information related to specialized knowledge. If you can provide format of your documentation that will be great help.

Comment

Hello All,

Markg

Hi for the specialized knowledge part, what exactly do they consider and get covinced with, cos mine was the similar situation
              Thanks alot

Comment

I see my years old comment on this thread .

So, in blanket petition, they rely on their limited source of information to verify your candidature - hence they reject the visa application even on an iota of doubt.

In individual petition, your company submits all documents to prove your profile & hence chances are pretty high that an approved petition will get the visa without much questions.
                - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
                  I see my years old comment on this thread .

So, in blanket petition, they rely on their limited source of information to verify your candidature - hence they reject the visa application even on an iota of doubt.

In individual petition, your company submits all documents to prove your profile & hence chances are pretty high that an approved petition will get the visa without much questions.
                  cool.. , good point, so it is important to rehearse your story and practice with friends and family , ensure that they are convinced. I have OFC & interview scheduled on 18th Sep 2018 , the anwsers in this site has been really helpful to get an understanding of how things go in the consulate, also see the LIbra_14 is very active responder , thanks to you too......

Comment

Originally posted by dsrinivas View Post
                    cool.. , good point, so it is important to rehearse your story and practice with friends and family , ensure that they are convinced. I have OFC & interview scheduled on 18th Sep 2018 , the anwsers in this site has been really helpful to get an understanding of how things go in the consulate, also see the LIbra_14 is very active responder , thanks to you too......
                    Glad, I am able to help.

Comment

Hi ,

Could you please describe more on what all training certificates do they consider to be really specialized. And what all specifics did you provide for your project expertise. Also apart, can you dwell on more about what level of details your petition captured
                      Can u please guide me with the same.

Thanks alot!
                      Chandni

Comment

Originally posted by chandnis138 View Post
                        Hi ,

Could you please describe more on what all training certificates do they consider to be really specialized. And what all specifics did you provide for your project expertise. Also apart, can you dwell on more about what level of details your petition captured
                        Can u please guide me with the same.

Thanks alot!
                        Chandni
                        L1B is intended for specialized knowledge on the proprietary tools - which no one other than your company person knows. Hence company is choosing to send you to USA & not hiring any local candidate.

L1B is not given to Java/.NET engineers - hence those certificates are not much valuable. Your internal company awards, presentations, patents will add value to your profile.

Comment

Hello All,

Markg
                          Hello Mark,

I am in the same boat as you were, I had my My L1 B blanket visa interview in chennai on 13th Nov 2018 and it was rejected, VO handed me blue 221 G form and marked the checkbox option which says "Your Blanket L1 application is not clearly approvable under section 8 CFR 214.2(I)(ii)(B),(C),or(D),or INA 101(a)(15)(L).

My company applied for L1 B individual premium processing, received a RFE post that USCIS has approved my L1 B individual petition.

could you please help me in answering/clarifying below doubts -

1. Do I and my dependent(which were their with me when L1 blanket was rejected) need to fill DS160 form again ?

2. Do I and my dependent(which were their with me when L1 blanket was rejected)need to pay the visa fee again ?

3. Do I and my dependent(which were their with me when L1 blanket was rejected)need to take both OFC and visa interview appointment again ?

4. Do I and my dependent(which were their with me when L1 blanket was rejected)need to pay visa fee(USD 190) and fraud detection again ?

Comment

Hello All,

Markg
                            Hello All,

I had my My L1 B blanket visa interview in chennai on 13th Nov 2018 and it was rejected, VO handed me blue 221 G form and marked the checkbox option which says "Your Blanket L1 application is not clearly approvable under section 8 CFR 214.2(I)(ii)(B),(C),or(D),or INA 101(a)(15)(L).

My company applied for L1 B individual premium processing, received a RFE post that USCIS has approved my L1 B individual petition.

Can someone please help me in answering/clarifying below doubts -

1. Do I and my dependent(which were their with me when L1 blanket was rejected) need to fill DS160 form again ?

2. Do I and my dependent(which were their with me when L1 blanket was rejected)need to pay the visa fee again ?

3. Do I and my dependent(which were their with me when L1 blanket was rejected)need to take both OFC and visa interview appointment again ?

4. Do I and my dependent(which were their with me when L1 blanket was rejected)need to pay visa fee(USD 190) and fraud detection again ?

5. - One of the question in DS-160 is :
                            -- Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, or been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry? I am not sure if I should answer YES or NO here. Online searches suggest to answer this as "NO" since my previous L1B Blanket rejection was petition denial not Visa denial. Please let me know this answer?
                            -- If answer is YES - then what reason should I give, same as by visa officer i.e My L1B Blanket petition was denied with the reason "Not Clearly Approvable" .
                            -- Is above point#2 applies to my spouse and kid as well. Or there I can answer as "NO" since it was my petition which got rejected not their.

Comment

Originally posted by rishibhargava View Post
                              Hello All,

I had my My L1 B blanket visa interview in chennai on 13th Nov 2018 and it was rejected, VO handed me blue 221 G form and marked the checkbox option which says "Your Blanket L1 application is not clearly approvable under section 8 CFR 214.2(I)(ii)(B),(C),or(D),or INA 101(a)(15)(L).

Can someone please help me in answering/clarifying below doubts -

5. - One of the question in DS-160 is :
                              -- Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, or been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry? I am not sure if I should answer YES or NO here. Online searches suggest to answer this as "NO" since my previous L1B Blanket rejection was petition denial not Visa denial. Please let me know this answer?
                              -- If answer is YES - then what reason should I give, same as by visa officer i.e My L1B Blanket petition was denied with the reason "Not Clearly Approvable" .
                              -- Is above point#2 applies to my spouse and kid as well. Or there I can answer as "NO" since it was my petition which got rejected not their.

Please do not hijack other's thread & post your question on every thread:

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X