Been over 3 months, no response regarding wife's GC application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rayb View Post
    Then where were the Approval Notices sent and received?

--Ray B
    Both the notices (for wife and son) were sent to the US address.

Do the wordings I posted below for the phone conversation for son's address change seem right/okay to you or should I add/delete something?
    Last edited by Neville Katrak; 03-08-2016, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Neville Katrak View Post
      Both the notices (for wife and son) were sent to the US address.

Do the wordings I posted below for the phone conversation for son's address change seem right/okay to you or should I add/delete something?
      Hey Ray.. still wondering about this.. do these words sounds okay? "My son has moved out of his xxx address in Canada (that is listed on his application) and is currently on temporary accommodation as he is looking for a job and may have to relocate to a different city in the coming months. Therefore, to make sure that any mail or other correspondence reaches him properly, it is best to have the mailing address on his application changed to our home address in India which is as follows... xxx"

Comment

it's a good idea to avoid trying to explain things. Just request his contact address be changed.

--Ray B

Hey Ray.. still wondering about this.. do these words sounds okay? "My son has moved out of his xxx address in Canada (that is listed on his application) and is currently on temporary accommodation as he is looking for a job and may have to relocate to a different city in the coming months. Therefore, to make sure that any mail or other correspondence reaches him properly, it is best to have the mailing address on his application changed to our home address in India which is as follows... xxx"

Comment

okay, thanks a lot bud

Comment

Hi Ray,

Upon calling NVC's 1800 helpline, the IVR had no option for address change, so I called up USCIS, who told me to write a letter to the NVC with details such as names, DOBs, addresses, etc. of both father and son, receipt no, etc. Should I really be sending a physical letter instead of doing it over the phone? Or even email???

Comment

You are in a quandary, receiving misleading information from one informant (NVC staff person), and unqualified information from the other (USCIS staff person).

1. There are various NVC advice pages advising applicants to provide address changes of either agent or beneficiary. You can do it by online messaging on the NVC website, which took six weeks to get a response last time I used that method, or a letter to the NVC, using the "DR" attention acronym.

2. USCIS information about anything involving the NVC is not reliable, as they are two separate agencies and you shouldn't be asking procedural advice from one, USCIS, about the other, NVC.

It so happens, however, that the USCIS advice was right on, and what I would do, because you are creating a paper trail.

--Ray B

Hi Ray,

Upon calling NVC's 1800 helpline, the IVR had no option for address change, so I called up USCIS, who told me to write a letter to the NVC with details such as names, DOBs, addresses, etc. of both father and son, receipt no, etc. Should I really be sending a physical letter instead of doing it over the phone? Or even email???

Comment

Thanks Ray, but I forgot to mention one other thing.. USCIS asked me to send the letter after 30 days passed from receipt of approval notices... which would be March 22.. I wonder why? Should I really wait? I mean, the WELCOME LETTER would be sent to the son's address in Canada if I wait that long.. because as per the approval notice, the WELCOME LETTER is sent within 30 days of receiving approval notice.. right?

Comment

Timeframe action dates cannot be relied upon closely.

--Ray B

Thanks Ray, but I forgot to mention one other thing.. USCIS asked me to send the letter after 30 days passed from receipt of approval notices... which would be March 22.. I wonder why? Should I really wait? I mean, the WELCOME LETTER would be sent to the son's address in Canada if I wait that long.. because as per the approval notice, the WELCOME LETTER is sent within 30 days of receiving approval notice.. right?

Comment

So do you suggest mailing the letter now or later?

Comment

No, you are jumping the gun. It's too early. Wait a couple more weeks.

--Ray B

So do you suggest mailing the letter now or later?

Comment

But I want the son's letter to go to India instead of Canada! How will I be able to do that?

Comment

Hi Ray,

The NVC letter for the wife (asking to do a million things) was sent to the U.S. address and not to her in India. It says, after all those things are done, there would be an interview date given to her for US consulate in India.

I thought that this letter would go to the wife in India?? Why was it sent to U.S.?

Comment

Because it's for a U.S. visa, and the petitioner is supposed to be receiving mail in the U.S.

At least somebody got the instruction letter.

--Ray B

Hi Ray,

The NVC letter for the wife (asking to do a million things) was sent to the U.S. address and not to her in India. It says, after all those things are done, there would be an interview date given to her for US consulate in India.

I thought that this letter would go to the wife in India?? Why was it sent to U.S.?

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
                              Because it's for a U.S. visa, and the petitioner is supposed to be receiving mail in the U.S.

At least somebody got the instruction letter.

--Ray B
                              Oh well, I was thinking the letters would be sent directly to the wife/son. This also means that the son's letter wouldn't go to Canada but U.S. instead which is good.

Anyway, how long from this point now do you think it would take for the wife to get the interview?

Comment

If immediate priority visa class, and you send everything in okay, could be about 5 months.

If visa class is not yet current, waiting time could be 6-8 months.

--Ray B

Oh well, I was thinking the letters would be sent directly to the wife/son. This also means that the son's letter wouldn't go to Canada but U.S. instead which is good.

Anyway, how long from this point now do you think it would take for the wife to get the interview?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X