Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the cost for the I-693 Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the cost for the I-693 Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination in Texas

I am a student on F1 visa and am in the process of applying for green card as I'm married to a US citizen.

I have a Student Health Insurance Plan (PPO) with Blue Cross Blue Shield.

My questions are as follows:

1. Would my insurance cover it?

2. How much do I need to pay roughly for this?

Insurance doesn't cover it.... You should prepared about $350-$400.
    Tuna

Comment

Some doctors will attempt to bill applicant's or petitioner's insurance for this service. The last time I heard of a doctor doing this, he claimed "annual examination."

Explore your options, because many doctors will drive the fees up to $600 - $700.

But I agree with Tunable's post of $350-$400 being in the average range.

--Ray B

Originally posted by tunable View Post
      Insurance doesn't cover it.... You should prepared about $350-$400.

Comment

What if I just have it done by a general physicial vs a civil surgeon (hoping the insurance would cover general physician stuff) and then go to the civil surgeon and tell him that I already did everything and just need his signatures and stuff? Will that work out?

Comment

If the USCIS-listed doctor agrees, you can get designated shots/vaccinations anywhere, provide the USCIS-listed doctor with the documentation, and the USCIS-listed doctor must complete the I-693 and give to you in a sealed envelope. The civil surgeon might still charge you $25 to $300 to complete form and sign off. Almost every civil surgeon handles this differently for fees and medical requirements.

--Ray B

Originally posted by timsouthee2020 View Post
          What if I just have it done by a general physicial vs a civil surgeon (hoping the insurance would cover general physician stuff) and then go to the civil surgeon and tell him that I already did everything and just need his signatures and stuff? Will that work out?

Comment

I am a student on F1 visa and am in the process of applying for green card as I'm married to a US citizen.

Some Drs are doing it for as low as $140 if you don't require any injections (have your immunisation history to hand).
            I still think many will still ask you to have a "booster" for some of the vaccination types (yes some are unscrupulous!).
            Most will allow you to shop around for injections if you feel the costs are too high but bring evidence back to the civil surgeon that you have had them done.
            I don't think you can escape the flu jab as the season runs into May I believe, so count on one jab at least!

I think, depending on what you need to have done, you will have done well to keep it under $400.
            The TB test can throw up anomalies quite a bit of the time so don't be surprised if you get sent for an X Ray to verify. Usually due more to the fact the skin has been irritated by something other than the "bubble test" (I believe latent to cells injected into you to check for a reaction)

90% of the time after an X Ray there is usually no issue!

I'm sure you are as fit as a fiddle... The most pain you will feel is that to your wallet!

Cheers

Comment

Make sure you go to an approved doctor for your I-693!

I called around for my area in Texas (Austin) and found that if you have your vaccination records (and the vaccinations you had are exactly what are required), an examination can vary from $120 - $220. Insurance does not cover the examination although insurance may cover (a part of) the vaccinations you need (if you need any).

The total cost varies but typically it would be between $300 - $400 (although I had one where they quoted me $460 total if I needed all the vaccinations done at the doctor's and medical exam).

From my experience, because some of my vaccinations were not recent (in the last 10 years - e.g. TB vaccine which I had about 20 years ago) or were not exactly the same vaccine needed (I had a Tet**** and Diphtheria vaccine but a Tet****, Diphtheria and Pertussis vaccine was needed), I basically had to go through the full works (TB skin test, Tdap vaccine, varicella or chickenpox vaccine, flu shot which you should not need now that it is April). I did not have any medical insurance and paid about $310 (medical exam was $215 and vaccines were $95 in total. I had to get an x-ray as well because my TB skin test showed up positive, though fortunately the x-ray was free). Even though the doctor I went to was not the cheapest for medical exam fees, he was very familiar with the process and could refer me to a community clinic to get my vaccines done for a low cost.

I hope this helps and good luck! It was quite the process for me since I went through the full works - blood drawn during medical exam, received skin test and 3 vaccines all at once and then had an x-ray.

Comment

Paid $320 last week in pasadena tx and that was including all vaccines. Called different places and everybody was charging $350-$550 and got surprised how cheap this place was.

Comment

Originally posted by burnpro23 View Post
                  Paid $320 last week in pasadena tx and that was including all vaccines. Called different places and everybody was charging $350-$550 and got surprised how cheap this place was.
                  Can please share the location/contact of the Pasadena where you get it for 320.
                  Thank You.

Comment

It depends on the area of Texas that you reside. If you reside in Dallas, I will recommend that you visit Dr. Simon Lee; 3044 Old Denton road suite 115 Carrollton Tx.75007. Or you can contract on 9722452876. They charge as low as $235 for both the vaccinations and examinations, they are the cheapest so far and also accredited by USCIS. Hope my information is useful, all the best .......

Comment

Originally posted by fantapanda View Post
                      Make sure you go to an approved doctor for your I-693!

I called around for my area in Texas (Austin) and found that if you have your vaccination records (and the vaccinations you had are exactly what are required), an examination can vary from $120 - $220. Insurance does not cover the examination although insurance may cover (a part of) the vaccinations you need (if you need any).

The total cost varies but typically it would be between $300 - $400 (although I had one where they quoted me $460 total if I needed all the vaccinations done at the doctor's and medical exam).

From my experience, because some of my vaccinations were not recent (in the last 10 years - e.g. TB vaccine which I had about 20 years ago) or were not exactly the same vaccine needed (I had a Tet**** and Diphtheria vaccine but a Tet****, Diphtheria and Pertussis vaccine was needed), I basically had to go through the full works (TB skin test, Tdap vaccine, varicella or chickenpox vaccine, flu shot which you should not need now that it is April). I did not have any medical insurance and paid about $310 (medical exam was $215 and vaccines were $95 in total. I had to get an x-ray as well because my TB skin test showed up positive, though fortunately the x-ray was free). Even though the doctor I went to was not the cheapest for medical exam fees, he was very familiar with the process and could refer me to a community clinic to get my vaccines done for a low cost.

I hope this helps and good luck! It was quite the process for me since I went through the full works - blood drawn during medical exam, received skin test and 3 vaccines all at once and then had an x-ray.
                      Hi Can you share the doctor's information? I was calling around and it seems they all so expensive now.

Comment

Detailed info

And you can find detailed information about Immigration Medical Exams (kind of step by step guide) here

Everything you need to know about Immigration Medical Exams in Chicago. Read this step bu step guide. Requided forms, documents, tests and more info + FAQ

I belie Medical Procedures are exactly the same in all states

Best!

Comment

Originally posted by Palmerozo View Post
                          And you can find detailed information about Immigration Medical Exams (kind of step by step guide) here

Everything you need to know about Immigration Medical Exams in Chicago. Read this step bu step guide. Requided forms, documents, tests and more info + FAQ

I belie Medical Procedures are exactly the same in all states

Best!
                          Does anyone know if you can use your payroll funded HSA (health savings account) to pay for the immigration medical?
                          I know we cannot claim this with the health insurance itself, but I thought perhaps using the HSA would be fine.

Let me know if anyone knows it.
                          Employment based AOS (EB1C) - San Bernardino office(CA)

JUL - 2018 - applications for I-485, I-765 and I-131 concurrent filing
                          AUG - 2018 - bio metrics complete
                          DEC - 2018 - I-765 & I-131 approved
                          DEC - 2018 - combo cards received
                          DEC - 2018 - courtesy letter for missing I-693
                          DEC - 2018 - social security cards received
                          DEC - 2018 - interview for I-485 scheduled
                          JAN - 2019 - interview & on the spot approval
                          FEB - 2019 - I-485 approved
                          FEB - 2019 - green cards in hand 😎

Comment

Good question, can we pay from HSA account?

Comment

That's a good question. Insurance covered all of mine as the doctor treated it as an 'annual check-up' and billed Blue Cross. Some will not let the insurance cover it, but if you have the insurance ask them to. All the best.
                              7. 18. 2017: I130, I131, I485, I864, I765 - Chicago Lockbox: 8. 15. 2017: Biom-Kendall, Florida
                              10. 5. 2017: EAD received: 6. 21. 2018: 7. 5. 2018: Interview I797C notice rec’d
                              7. 31. 2018: Interview-Kendall, Florida: 7. 31. 2018: Interview success: Imm. I485 approval: 8. 1. 2018: I130 approved
                              8. 3. 2018: Card is mailed to me (1485): 8. 8. 2018: 2-yr GC in hand: 6. 6. 2020: ROC: 9. 23. 2020: 10-yr Green Card
                              5. 6. 2021: Appl. for Nat.: 8. 16. 2021: Nat. Interview 10. 1. 2021: Oath Cer. Mailed

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X