Transit from Southeast Asia through USA to Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transit from Southeast Asia through USA to Canada

Hello, I am coming from Southeast Asia (Laos) going to live in Canada. I will have a permanent resident visa for Canada, as well as my Lao passport. My common law spouse is a Canadian citizen and will be travelling with me. Could someone please tell me if I will be required to have a transit visa or a tourist visa to pass through the USA? Our possible route will be BKK-PEK-LAX-YYZ. My spouse does not require any visa because of Canadian citizenship, will I have the same as the holder of permanent resident visa for Canada? Will we be able to leave the airport and explore the city during our layover or are we required to remain at LAX?

Any information with transit through the UK to Canada for same thing would help too.
    Thanks you for help.

Originally posted by jefstick View Post
    Hello, I am coming from Southeast Asia (Laos) going to live in Canada. I will have a permanent resident visa for Canada, as well as my Lao passport. My common law spouse is a Canadian citizen and will be travelling with me. Could someone please tell me if I will be required to have a transit visa or a tourist visa to pass through the USA? Our possible route will be BKK-PEK-LAX-YYZ. My spouse does not require any visa because of Canadian citizenship, will I have the same as the holder of permanent resident visa for Canada? Will we be able to leave the airport and explore the city during our layover or are we required to remain at LAX?

Any information with transit through the UK to Canada for same thing would help too.
    Thanks you for help.
    Yes, anyone passing through USA will have to have some form of US. They do not recognize transit passengers and everyone officially enters the US even if you're not leaving the airport.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X