Travelling on B1/B2 while having valid H1B visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling on B1/B2 while having valid H1B visa

I work for company A in India (Have valid B1/B2 visa) Company B in US has sponsored my H1B and stamping is also done. I have put down my papers in company A but they want me to do knowledge transfer for which they want me to travel to US on B1/B2 visa for 2 weeks.

Is it possible for me to travel to US using B1 visa while having a valid H1B visa too ? are they any implications here.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Yes, you can do that. I don't see any problem.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Since you have both the visas on your passport, please ensure to ask the officer at POE that you want to use your B1 visa & not H1B.
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Hi Aniel,

Have you travelled to US on B1 for 2 weeks? What happened at the port of entry?

Even I have to go to US for a week on B1 and have a stamped H1b visa

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by vbt_123 View Post
          Hi Aniel,

Have you travelled to US on B1 for 2 weeks? What happened at the port of entry?

Even I have to go to US for a week on B1 and have a stamped H1b visa

Thanks,
          I've been to USA multiple times on B1, while I had my L1A still valid on my passport.

Just remember to help the CBP officer pick the correct visa & share your purpose of visit clearly (that you are not going to work, just visiting for business purpose).
          - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X