X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form I-751

Hello,

I want to know about Form I-751.

My wife is US citizen and we got married on 23rd Sep 2014. She filled my case immediately and I reached to US on 10th Feb 2016.

My resident card shows following dates:

Category: CR-1
    Card Expires: 02 / 10 / 2018
    Resident Since: 02 / 10 / 2016

I want to know by which date I have to file this Form I-751 to remove condition. According to the USCIS and some articles a married couple should file before 2nd anniversary and during 90 days period. Further it says that "The expiration date on your green card is also the date of your second anniversary as a conditional resident". If I calculate my 2nd anniversary date so it will be on 23rd Sep 2016 BUT my card expiration date is 10th Feb 2018 as I explained above.

The whole situation is very confusing and I need assistance if I am mistaking somewhere to understand all this.

Regards,

Zain

i would file 3 months before 2/10/2018

Comment

You mixing "marriage anniversary with Green Card anniversary." There is no connection between the two anniversaries. You will submit your I-751 package 3 months before the two-year GC annniversary, expiration date. Submit the package anytime between December 2017 and before February 2018.

Originally posted by Zain.aziz View Post
      Hello,

I want to know about Form I-751.

My wife is US citizen and we got married on 23rd Sep 2014. She filled my case immediately and I reached to US on 10th Feb 2016.

My resident card shows following dates:

Category: CR-1
      Card Expires: 02 / 10 / 2018
      Resident Since: 02 / 10 / 2016

I want to know by which date I have to file this Form I-751 to remove condition. According to the USCIS and some articles a married couple should file before 2nd anniversary and during 90 days period. Further it says that "The expiration date on your green card is also the date of your second anniversary as a conditional resident". If I calculate my 2nd anniversary date so it will be on 23rd Sep 2016 BUT my card expiration date is 10th Feb 2018 as I explained above.

The whole situation is very confusing and I need assistance if I am mistaking somewhere to understand all this.

Regards,

Zain

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
        You mixing "marriage anniversary with Green Card anniversary." There is no connection between the two anniversaries. You will submit your I-751 package 3 months before the two-year GC annniversary, expiration date. Submit the package anytime between December 2017 and before February 2018.
        Dear Ray B,

Thank you for clarification of what I was mixing.

Can you please help me to collect documents that will be required to submit with I-751 package. One more thing please, if I am out of United States that time then there will be any problem or is it allowed to send I-751 from anywhere in the world.

BR,
        Zain

Comment

Zain,

If your Green Card expires in February 2018, it is too early to be preparing your I-751 package. But you should start gathering evidence needed for the I-751 around November of 2017. You will need proof of living together and sharing financial affairs.

--Ray B

Dear Ray B,

Thank you for clarification of what I was mixing.

Can you please help me to collect documents that will be required to submit with I-751 package. One more thing please, if I am out of United States that time then there will be any problem or is it allowed to send I-751 from anywhere in the world.

BR,
          Zain

Comment

Zain,

If your Green Card expires in February 2018, it is too early to be preparing your I-751 package. But you should start gathering evidence needed for the I-751 around November of 2017. You will need proof of living together and sharing financial affairs.

--Ray B
            After successful submission I-751 form, do my wife also need to come and present with me during fingerprints, photograph and/or signature at USCIS center?
            Please also guide regarding timeframe to complete this process. How much time usually it takes to complete fingerprints.

Comment

Your wife, petitioner, does not have to be with you at the Biometrics appointment.

--Ray B

After successful submission I-751 form, do my wife also need to come and present with me during fingerprints, photograph and/or signature at USCIS center?
              Please also guide regarding timeframe to complete this process. How much time usually it takes to complete fingerprints.

Comment

I assume that for the evidence part to send with the 751 form we don't need to send the same evidence already provided to uscis? I got aproved today and i provided lease, job card from petitioner and mine, joint bank statement, joint insurrance summary, petitioner citizenship, passport both mine and petitioner, my inquire is, do i need to send all of the above with the i751 or am i right to think they don't need us to send those anymore and only want new evidence for example new joint bank statement, more joint bank account statements or new credit card, next years tax return, joint gym membership( i will try to get her to go with me to the gym), joint phone service, those are the "new" evidence that i can think of the top of my head to send, am i correct to send those when applying for i751 or i have to send above and also all of the already provided when filed for i485?

Comment

Send proof of continuing relationship (living together and sharing financial affairs) since marriage to present time.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Evilex View Post
                  I assume that for the evidence part to send with the 751 form we don't need to send the same evidence already provided to uscis? I got aproved today and i provided lease, job card from petitioner and mine, joint bank statement, joint insurrance summary, petitioner citizenship, passport both mine and petitioner, my inquire is, do i need to send all of the above with the i751 or am i right to think they don't need us to send those anymore and only want new evidence for example new joint bank statement, more joint bank account statements or new credit card, next years tax return, joint gym membership( i will try to get her to go with me to the gym), joint phone service, those are the "new" evidence that i can think of the top of my head to send, am i correct to send those when applying for i751 or i have to send above and also all of the already provided when filed for i485?

Comment

Send proof of continuing relationship (living together and sharing financial affairs) since marriage to present time.

--Ray B
                    Now finally time is near and during first week of Nov 2017 I have to submit I-751 from along with evidences. I have taken permission of 2 years and living outside the US, here we do not have much social activities and couldn't find other documents to proof like combined car insurance, health insurance, gym membership etc. I am confused what documents to show as evidence of continuous marriage and living together status.

Comment

Now finally time is near and during first week of Nov 2017 I have to submit I-751 from along with evidences. I have taken permission of 2 years and living outside the US, here we do not have much social activities and couldn't find other documents to proof like combined car insurance, health insurance, gym membership etc. I am confused what documents to show as evidence of continuous marriage and living together status.
                      Tax return is a must to have, bank statements since the time u received green card until now, life, health, car insurrance if you have it, lease with both ur names or a letter from the 1 paying the lease that certifies that u both live there "notarized"(worked for me), any bills you pay together, photos anddd... that should do, i will send em all the above except life and car insurance and bills with both our names and try my luck hopefully no interview will be assigned, is like 30% of all cases that they are obligated to interview so hopefully we are the lucky 70%, i'll keep an eye on this post because in about 2 years i too will have to do this and i want to see how you fare, hopefully good.

Comment

Tax return is a must to have, bank statements since the time u received green card until now, life, health, car insurrance if you have it, lease with both ur names or a letter from the 1 paying the lease that certifies that u both live there "notarized"(worked for me), any bills you pay together, photos anddd... that should do, i will send em all the above except life and car insurance and bills with both our names and try my luck hopefully no interview will be assigned, is like 30% of all cases that they are obligated to interview so hopefully we are the lucky 70%, i'll keep an eye on this post because in about 2 years i too will have to do this and i want to see how you fare, hopefully good.
                        @Evilex, You and me are on the same timeline,
                        I got approved for conditional GC on Sep 25th, 2017. Keep in touch, I will be mailing my packet in July 2019

Comment

Hi Evilex,

I have not heard about the interview and specially the ratio of 30% you were talking about. Do you know anyone who was interviewed or read somewhere about interview?

Zain

Comment

Scenario to any senior member for guidance.

I have to submit my I-751 package during first week of Nov 2017. I have taken permission to live outside US and it will end up in Feb 2018 similarly my conditional green also. I am planning to travel States in mid of January 2018. Please suggest how much time normally it takes to complete I-751 process, incase if I want to travel outside US again then for how much time I will have to wait for biometrics.

I used to live in Texas and resident of the same but this time I will travelling to Illinois in Jan 2018. Please also guide me regarding submission of I-751 package in which center.

You replies will gonna help me a lot to plan my trip.

Thanks
                            Zain

Comment

Hi Evilex,

I have not heard about the interview and specially the ratio of 30% you were talking about. Do you know anyone who was interviewed or read somewhere about interview?

Zain
                              I did read that somewhere, dont rly remember where or who said it but it seemed real, dont know nobody who was interviewed for the removd of conditions yet.
                              Originally posted by arman597 View Post
                              @Evilex, You and me are on the same timeline,
                              I got approved for conditional GC on Sep 25th, 2017. Keep in touch, I will be mailing my packet in July 2019
                              Looking fordward to that.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X