Do I qualify for EB2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I qualify for EB2?

I have a Master in Science (MSci - see https://en. ******** *.org/wiki/Mast...United_Kingdom) in physics.
    This is a four year integrated bachelors and masters which is popular in the UK.
    After this I completed a 3 year (operations management) training program for large aerospace company in the UK (including 6 months on a J1 in USA).
    Now just arrived back in the US on a L1-B (same company).

My job is a buyer and was posted as requiring masters (operations/science) + 2 years operations experience.

THE QUESTION(S):

"Requirement 1 - You must show that you have an advanced degree."
    Does my degree satisfy this (or will US see it as bachelors)?

"Requirement 2 - Your advanced degree must related to the field in which you will be working."
    I'm working in purchasing which is obviously not physics, but in engineering a science/engineering degree is often ask for / preferred.
    Will I be OK on this requirement?

Many thanks,

Kaito

Bump.

Hello, I found this thread through Google. I'm hoping to be in a similar situation, transferred on an L1-B and eventually converting to a green card.

I too would like to know how the Msci degrees are viewed in the US.

Is an Msci enough to qualify as an "advanced degree" for the EB-2 or would I have to go for the EB-3?

And what are the advantages of EB-2 over EB-3 anyway.

Comment

I have a MSc from an American Uni and got both EB2 and EB2 NIW petitions approved. It is an advanced degree.

If you work in purchasing, then that probably will come up pretty low in the DOL O*Net job classifications. It might be ok for an EB3 but probably not EB2. EB2 is more like lawyers, scientists, etc and have level numbers. I think you need a level of at lease 8 for EB2 (don't quote me there). EB3 can be any skilled worker, like a chef.

Comment

One question is whether you have the foreign equivalent to a four year US baccalaureate

Comment

Originally posted by USA. View Post
          Bump.

Hello, I found this thread through Google. I'm hoping to be in a similar situation, transferred on an L1-B and eventually converting to a green card.

I too would like to know how the Msci degrees are viewed in the US.

Is an Msci enough to qualify as an "advanced degree" for the EB-2 or would I have to go for the EB-3?

And what are the advantages of EB-2 over EB-3 anyway.
          Unless you are from India or China, EB2 vs. EB3 makes absolutely no difference, as both are current. If you are from China, you would prefer EB3 since it is ahead. If you are from India, EB3 lags EB2 by about 2 yrs.
          Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X