Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 VISA Extension for my Spouse

Hi,

I am currently in USA in H1B Visa and my wife is here for 6 months in B2 visa. I am planning to extend her stay in USA for 1 more month. I read the immihelp forum and got all the details from a documentation perspective. But everywhere I read references for extending B2 visa for parents, sister etc. Can I file extension for my spouse as well ? Since I read no reference of Spouse I just wnated to confirm if USCIS accepts those cases as well.

Note: My wife will be returning to India after the B2 extension period is over and will get stamped for H4 in India by Jan of next year.

You can extend any non immigrant visa. Extension of parents visa is very common that's why you see many post related to that. Procedure of visitor visa extension is same. You should extend her visa only if it there is medical reason or some other urgent matter that needs to take care. Please read more information at,
    Visitor Visa Extension - Extend a Tourist Visa in the USA by applying for an extension of stay using these steps.
    This is not a legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

It's doubtful there was a medical reason or an urgency for an extension; sounds like a routine extension to fill time during the wait.

It seems to be a new fad to go for a B2 when H4 visa appointment wait times are so long. What H4s don't realize is they're taking away slots from genuine B2 applicants. B2 visa appointments for H4-eligibles is a loophole that ought to be closed.

Comment

Originally posted by daggit View Post
        It's doubtful there was a medical reason or an urgency for an extension; sounds like a routine extension to fill time during the wait.

It seems to be a new fad to go for a B2 when H4 visa appointment wait times are so long. What H4s don't realize is they're taking away slots from genuine B2 applicants. B2 visa appointments for H4-eligibles is a loophole that ought to be closed.
        Thanks for the reply guys. I think I did not mention an important thing. My wife had her B2 even prior to our marriage through her brother who was there already in USA. So its not like I took the slot away from Genuine B2 applicants. Also the reason for extending her VISA is not any Medical reasons but we wanted to spend time together during this Christmas. Isn't that a valid reason ?

Thanks,
        Prem
        Last edited by seahawk789; 09-19-2016, 11:43 AM.

Comment

B2 VISA Extension for my Spouse

B2 visa appointments for H4-eligibles is a loophole that ought to be closed

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X