change of status b2 to f1 denied SEVIS dates- h e l p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for your quick response.
    can you just tell me what are the documents required for the B2 extension?
    can I do it by myself or need a lawyer?

Comment

Originally posted by needassistance View Post
      thanks for your quick response.
      can you just tell me what are the documents required for the B2 extension?
      can I do it by myself or need a lawyer?
      From this site i I shared with you it should said the requirements. But If you have a lawyer, please check with your lawyer. I think the lawyer will know all the requirements.

Check also with your prospect school if they can help you.

Thanks

Comment

have you hired a lawyer or you doing self?
        how much a lawyer charge for filing a b2 extension?

Comment

have you hired a lawyer or you doing self?
          how much a lawyer charge for filing a b2 extension?
          No, I didn't i just filed on my own. I asked assitance from University.

Thanks

Comment

could you plz help me with that? I have also submitted an application form I-539 for the change of status last week.
            Now I am filling another I-539 for the B2 extension. until which date do I need to request my extension?
            another 6 months or until and unless my COS approves?
            can I link my 2 petitions by entering the first receipt number in the second petition?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

could you plz help me with that? I have also submitted an application form I-539 for the change of status last week.
              Now I am filling another I-539 for the B2 extension. until which date do I need to request my extension?
              another 6 months or until and unless my COS approves?
              can I link my 2 petitions by entering the first receipt number in the second petition?

Thanks in advance.
              I am not expert, but what I did is: I filed another I-539 before my I-94 expires, I refered my I-539 COS Receipt # and did not mention 6 mos extension, I just requested extension until they make a decision for my I-539 COS.

I am happy to assist but did you talk to your school? Maybe reach out to them too so they can guide you. I am not really expert and I don't want to give you wrong advise. All I can share are things I have done but not necessarily will be the best for you. Also if you can afford, best is to have a lawyer.

When is your I-94 expiring? Which center will process your I-539 COS?

Thank you.
              Last edited by justasking2017; 12-19-2017, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by justasking2017 View Post
                I am not expert, but what I did is: I filed another I-539 before my I-94 expires, I refered my I-539 COS Receipt # and did not mention 6 mos extension, I just requested extension until they make a decision for my I-539 COS.

I am happy to assist but did you talk to your school? Maybe reach out to them too so they can guide you. I am not really expert and I don't want to give you wrong advise. All I can share are things I have done but not necessarily will be the best for you. Also if you can afford, best is to have a lawyer.

When is your I-94 expiring? Which center will process your I-539 COS?

Thank you.
                my I-94 is expiring on February 04 2018, and I mailed my documents to USCIS Dallas Lockbox.
                my school administration suggested to hire a lawyer for this service.
                did your school help you in filling out the B2 extension form?
                to which center you have sent your documents?
                have you got your B2 extension approval? if yes, then for how many months?

Thanks,

Comment

my I-94 is expiring on February 04 2018, and I mailed my documents to USCIS Dallas Lockbox.
                  my school administration suggested to hire a lawyer for this service.
                  did your school help you in filling out the B2 extension form?
                  to which center you have sent your documents?
                  have you got your B2 extension approval? if yes, then for how many months?

Thanks,
                  I did everything on my own and just asked few questions to School, don't want to spend money for a lawyer. What I did is just prepared a letter and referred my I-539 COS application. I just got my approval today for both but haven't received the letter yet so I don't know yet how long the extension. I sent my application to Dallas Lockbox but my application was processed by California center. You should receive receipt notice and advise you which center will be processing your application. It is either California or Vermont- I guess but not sure.

Comment

I did everything on my own and just asked few questions to School, don't want to spend money for a lawyer. What I did is just prepared a letter and referred my I-539 COS application. I just got my approval today for both but haven't received the letter yet so I don't know yet how long the extension. I sent my application to Dallas Lockbox but my application was processed by California center. You should receive receipt notice and advise you which center will be processing your application. It is either California or Vermont- I guess but not sure.
                    oh congratulations! let me know when you receive your letters and a new I-94 date. for which course you have applied master or Esl?
                    I am waiting for the receipt of COS, once I get it I would file extension with a COS receipt number. yesterday, They have deducted the application fee from my account.
                    could you please inbox me your personal number and name, In case if I need your help I would msg you directly.

Comment

oh congratulations! let me know when you receive your letters and a new I-94 date. for which course you have applied master or Esl?
                      I am waiting for the receipt of COS, once I get it I would file extension with a COS receipt number. yesterday, They have deducted the application fee from my account.
                      could you please inbox me your personal number and name, In case if I need your help I would msg you directly.
                      Thank you! I haven't received it yet. I applied for master. I prefer that you message me here - You can send me PM here.

Thank you.

Comment

Thank you! I haven't received it yet. I applied for master. I prefer that you message me here - You can send me PM here.

Thank you.
                        how many extensions did you file 1 or 2?
                        did you show the return tickets with the extension?

Comment

how many extensions did you file 1 or 2?
                          did you show the return tickets with the extension?
                          Just one extension, I did not show any return tickets. I just filed extension based on the special instruction for COS of B2 to F1. I just read and follow the instruction here - Please see this link below:
                          https://www.uscis.gov/working-united...-enroll-school

How can I obtain F-1 or M-1 status?

If you currently hold B-1 or B-2 nonimmigrant status and would like to enroll in a course of study,you may apply to change to either F-1 or M-1 student status if:

You have not yet enrolled in classes;
                          Your current status has not expired; and
                          You have not worked in the United States without employment authorization.
                          To change your nonimmigrant status from B-1 or B-2 to F-1 or M-1, you must file a Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status and include the required fee and documents listed in the instructions.

You must maintain your B-1 or B-2 status while your Form I-539 is pending. You will need to file a second Form I-539, with a separate fee, to request an extension of your B-1 or B-2 status if:

Your current status will expire more than 30 days before the initial F-1 or M-1 program start date. We may approve your Form I-539 change of status request only if you are maintaining your B-1/B-2 status up to 30 days before your program’s initial start date. If your status will expire more than 30 days before your F-1 or M-1 program’s initial start date, you must file a second Form I-539 requesting to extend your B-1 or B-2 status. If you do not file this extension request on time, we will deny your Form I-539 request to change to F-1 or M-1 status. Please check our processing times to determine if you need to file a request to extend your B-1/B-2 status.
                          Your F-1 or M-1 program start date is deferred to the following academic term or semester because we did not make a decision on your Form I-539 change of status application before your originally intended F-1 program start date. You must file a second Form I-539 in order to bridge the gap in time between when your current status expires and the 30 day period before your new F-1 program start date.
                          Because extending your current stay in B-1 or B-2 status and changing from B-1 or B-2 to F-1 or M-1 status are two distinct benefits, you must pay a separate filing fee for each request. See the User Fee Statute, 31 U.S.C. 9701.

Please Note:

If you enroll in a course of study before we approve your Form I-539 change of status application, you will be ineligible to change your nonimmigrant status from B 1/B-2 to F-1 or M-1.
                          If you apply to extend your B-1/B-2 status and you have already enrolled in a course of study, we will deny your extension request because you will have violated your status.

I just complied with this instruction mainly to bridge the gap. All I did is read this and did what is applicable to me. I am not sure what is your situation so better to consult lawyer too.

I did not have lawyer because mainly I read the USCIS instructions and consulted my school.

I am not sure why you need to show return ticket for the extension if you are applying for COS to F1. I think is read these USCIS instructions and assess if applicable to you. If you have some special situation better to consult a lawyer.
                          Last edited by justasking2017; 12-27-2017, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Just one extension, I did not show any return tickets. I just filed extension based on the special instruction for COS of B2 to F1. I just read and follow the instruction here - Please see this link below:
                            https://www.uscis.gov/working-united...-enroll-school
                            [/I]I just complied with this instruction mainly to bridge the gap. All I did is read this and did what is applicable to me. I am not sure what is your situation so better to consult lawyer too.

I did not have lawyer because mainly I read the USCIS instructions and consulted my school.

I am not sure why you need to show return ticket for the extension if you are applying for COS to F1. I think is read these USCIS instructions and assess if applicable to you. If you have some special situation better to consult a lawyer.
                            Thank you very much for your post, It helped me a lot.
                            I have got my COS receipt yesterday, from Vermont service center I guess they have transferred my case to VSC.
                            Today, I have sent my B2 extension application to Dallas service center.
                            I just checked processing times for both, DSC is taking around 6 months but VSC is taking around 9 months. So, I guess I will have to file one more extension before the first one expires.

Comment

Thank you very much for your post, It helped me a lot.
                              I have got my COS receipt yesterday, from Vermont service center I guess they have transferred my case to VSC.
                              Today, I have sent my B2 extension application to Dallas service center.
                              I just checked processing times for both, DSC is taking around 6 months but VSC is taking around 9 months. So, I guess I will have to file one more extension before the first one expires.
                              That's great.

Yes DSC and VSC take sometime compare to CSC. You really need to file extension to bridge the gap.

After that all you can do is wait. I waited for more than 6 months.

Mine are both approved at the same time, so make sure you properly referring your extension to your COS.

I wish you all the best and pray for your approval.

Happy New Year!

Comment

That's great.

Yes DSC and VSC take sometime compare to CSC. You really need to file extension to bridge the gap.

After that all you can do is wait. I waited for more than 6 months.

Mine are both approved at the same time, so make sure you properly referring your extension to your COS.

I wish you all the best and pray for your approval.

Happy New Year!
                                Happy New Year

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X