Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EB3 Unskilled Greencard...?

Hi, this is Jinny from South Korea.
    I want to ask you about the legitimacy of one of EB3 greencards and how you think about it.

So I'm currently studying computer science in a pretty prestigious college in the states. I really have a passion that I want to be excel in my field. In order to achieve that goal, I want to have more tech experiences in the states. But for an international student, even getting a job interview was hard and time is ticking. That's why I've long been looking for a way to acquire green card to legally work in the US. My original plan was to go through an OPT-H1B route, but I need a plan B just in case I can't get H1B sponsorship.

Some people advised me to try "unskilled" route. What this is... It seems like you first apply for greencard with some amount of money ($30000), wait for about one and a half years until you get a green card. Then you work in the factory, farm or fast food restaurants for a year. After that, I'm free to go and have a status as a permanent resident?
    I mean it seems like quite a lot of people have gone through such process and eventually got a green card, but I'm still a little suspicious if that's really true. I wonder if there're some serious lies or conflicts in the middle that nobody has told me yet.

If all this is true, then 1 year of sacrifice is actually doable for me in a long term. So I want to ask you if this path is real and how you think about it.

Originally posted by harumomo1305 View Post
    Hi, this is Jinny from South Korea.
    I want to ask you about the legitimacy of one of EB3 greencards and how you think about it.

So I'm currently studying computer science in a pretty prestigious college in the states. I really have a passion that I want to be excel in my field. In order to achieve that goal, I want to have more tech experiences in the states. But for an international student, even getting a job interview was hard and time is ticking. That's why I've long been looking for a way to acquire green card to legally work in the US. My original plan was to go through an OPT-H1B route, but I need a plan B just in case I can't get H1B sponsorship.

Some people advised me to try "unskilled" route. What this is... It seems like you first apply for greencard with some amount of money ($30000), wait for about one and a half years until you get a green card. Then you work in the factory, farm or fast food restaurants for a year. After that, I'm free to go and have a status as a permanent resident?
    I mean it seems like quite a lot of people have gone through such process and eventually got a green card, but I'm still a little suspicious if that's really true. I wonder if there're some serious lies or conflicts in the middle that nobody has told me yet.

If all this is true, then 1 year of sacrifice is actually doable for me in a long term. So I want to ask you if this path is real and how you think about it.
    I seriously doubt it. If it were true everyone would be doing the same.

Comment

EB-3 visas have to be sponsored by employers, and can not be self-sponsored by employees. The employer will have to go through a long process to prove that they can not find qualified US employees to do the job at the prevailing wage

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X