Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CKGS Passport renewal questions

Hello,

I am in the process of renewing my indian passport through CKGS shipping. I have a few questions about it. It would be great if someone can clarify.
    1. Notarization of US Address proof and US Legal Status: my checklist states that I need to notarize a color photo copy of these two documents. One thing I am not sure is if I need to self attest these and get them notarized or get these notarized without me signing them in front of the notary? I know this is a dumb question, but I just want to be sure
    2. Notarization of the passport application form: The NRI passport application form requires applcants to provide their signature on line 26 and line 29. My question if we need to get the form notarized at both these lines. I saw in a few forums that we need to get Line 26 notarized only in case of Lost or damaged passport but I need to be sure ( I am sure that was the case before ckgs took over from bls)
    3. Photographs: my passport renewal checklist says that I need to submit 6 photographs. Does this include the ones that I have already pasted on the Nationality Verification form and Passport application Form or does this mean I have to submit 6 photographs apart from the pasted ones on the form?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Shreyas

Did you find answers?

Hi,

I have the exact same questions while I am trying to submit a passport renewal.

(1) How many photos did you send apart from 1 pasted on application form and 3 on national validity form?

(2) Did you have to submit color copies of address proof and US status proof?

Thanks,
    Chirag

Comment

(1) How many photos did you send apart from 1 pasted on application form and 3 on national validity form?
      No extra photos necessary. I sent two extras and they were sent back to me. Doesn't hurt sending 1 extra just in case.

(2) Did you have to submit color copies of address proof and US status proof?
      Yes color copies only. Drivers license back and front, US status proof (GC back and front). Both need to be notarized.

Comment

1. Notarization of US Address proof and US Legal Status: my checklist states that I need to notarize a color photo copy of these two documents. One thing I am not sure is if I need to self attest these and get them notarized or get these notarized without me signing them in front of the notary? I know this is a dumb question, but I just want to be sure
        Self attest (write "Certified to be a true copy of the original" and sign this statement before notary public). They will notarize your signature

2. Notarization of the passport application form: The NRI passport application form requires applcants to provide their signature on line 26 and line 29. My question if we need to get the form notarized at both these lines. I saw in a few forums that we need to get Line 26 notarized only in case of Lost or damaged passport but I need to be sure ( I am sure that was the case before ckgs took over from bls)
        No need to get application form notarized

3. Photographs: my passport renewal checklist says that I need to submit 6 photographs. Does this include the ones that I have already pasted on the Nationality Verification form and Passport application Form or does this mean I have to submit 6 photographs apart from the pasted ones on the form?
        Total 6, so 4 pasted to forms and 2 extra. I sent them 2 extra but they sent them back to me unused, don't know if they scanned them or will be used if necessary.

Comment

No USA car driving license

In the NRI passport application form, they have asked to specify "Local car driving license number and place of issue".I do not have local(USA) driving license so what should I do in this scenario?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X