Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In westrn countries

you need to find your own girl.

no dad and mumy threto find a bot or girl.

Comment

This is not a case with you only.

It doesn't matter you ar American, Indian itself, Bengali itself, British or African.

I am from India and for example in Bengali there r hindus, christians, muslims, ?jain.

First of all interreligion marriage is not excercised.

In Hindus alone eg Bengali there are diffeent castes.

Like Hindu A, B, C.....

As per tradition peopel from A caste wont marry B assuming that there caste will become weak.

Only way this system can be by passed is a love marriage. Like yours.

In that case go straight for marriage. A lot of Indian girls does. But I am not sure why your friends is not willing for that and is she playing with you taking family matter for an excuse.

Originally posted by smsgrl09 View Post
      I am a 31 year old white american and I am appalled at some of the posts I have read regarding american and indian stereotypes alike. I personally am in love with a Bengali currently residing in Bangalore. I went to visit him there and fell in love with the city..the country. While we were out together I noticed a few of the forementioned dirty looks..and alot of curiousity stares but overall, everyone was very welcoming and respectful towards me. White, black, brown, purple, green...people are ultimatelly just people. Customs vary from person to person but true beauty comes from being able to accept and love someone despite their differences.

We are encountering resistance from my parents and especially his parents concerning our backgrounds. I spoke with his sister after one of the many family fights over our relationship. Her response is that his parents had high hopes of him marrying another Bengali since she didn't marry one. I was pretty much left speechless after this...Skin color/country of orgin should not be the main quality that decides whether someone will love another.

We are still fighting the fight...but at least we are fighting together...

Comment

Lets Get Some things Straight

(This is going to be a long one, but you will get a better understanding if you read through it)

I see on this forum lot of posts that are based on limited exposure or experience to american / indian cultures. Just few of the people understand the actual situation. I have lived in India for 20 years of my life and in US for the last 5 years and I understand how or why the american women or indian men seemed to have formed some really stereotype opinions.

I will address the thread starter first:
        How many Indians have you interacted with in your life? your boyfriend? his family and friends.. Not more than couple of 100 indians probably. I have lived 20 years in India, I have travelled almost the entire country north to south and east to west, let me tell you I still do not understand the traditions and thought process of many Indians. Any person who has not lived in India for a significant period of time can only form prejudiced opinions from what little they have seen or heard.

India is not a country, its a continent. 100s of different languages, 100s of different communities, cultures with a history of 1000s of years is not something that can be understood easily, for anyone. After reading half the posts here I just couldn't hold myself from writing because most them are completely off the line. Somethings I want to clarify -

First and foremost:
        1. Parents - No culture in the world gives as much respect (not love, respect. Every child will love his parent equally) as much as indians in the world. First comes mother, then father, then teacher and then god. If my parents ask me for anything I mean ANYTHING I will do it for them. It is not because I am 25 yr old Mama's boy or Dada's boy. Even if I am 65 years old and my parents want me to do something, I will still do it! And that is the best feature of Indian culture that each and every Indian should be proud of. I call up my parents twice a week and talk to them at least for couple of hours every week. So do my parents to their parents. I have never said 'Love you' or 'Thank you' to my parents in my life and they, never to me. But there is no person I love, respect or thankful to more than my parents in life and they to me. Reason for this = Words just mortalize an immortal bond. For every Indian parent, the greatest treasure or most valuable asset is her/his child and vice versa (There will always be some exceptions to any case). I can elaborate this with many illustrations and reasons, but trust me on this if there is one thing that the rest of the world should borrow from 1000s of years of indian culture that is their family attachments. A person is innocent and helpless when he is a child, a person is wise but again helpless when he becomes old. And all the experience of a civilization makes sure that these phases of life are as good or maybe even better than when you are in the prime of your youth.

Comment

Lets Get Some things Straight - Part 2

2. What Indian Men think of American women:

Indians can be classified into 4 types broadly -
          1. (40 % of indian men): USA? What is that? This group doesn't know to write or read, usually blue collar jobs, construction workers etc. Work physically hard, Eat like a bull, drink strong country liquor after work, good hard jigging and a dreamless sound sleep.
          2. (40 % semi-literate as well as some educated): Hey guys come over here, there is a white women who is smoking a cigarette and her thighs are showing..! Wow, what a treat ('Cosmopolitan' cities and foreign tourist destinations)
          So forget about this 80 % of the population whom you will never be interacting with unless you are going to India.

The rest -
          3. Indian-born and brought up - studying / working / migrated to US.
          80 % of people in this group think that white women are easy. And I saw some responses from caucasian women saying that this is not true. This is actually because you should never call a women 'easy'. It is offensive. And the Indian men called them 'Easy' because they couldn't find a better way to put it. Western culture is more 'liberal' or some word like that would be a better way to put it. The reasons for this big difference are -
          West: You are 21 years old, you know what you are by now and what you want from your life partner. Go find him/her. A women gives out signals (flirts) to the men as an invitation, if the brains go with the looks, then next step - physical union, If this chemistry is also good, then love, live-in, marriage etc. To show that you have all the right stuff in you, excel in sports (a football team captain), dance and show your body in the right way at a club (I am in the prime of youth, physically fit, have grace, my right and left brains work in synch), dating (I am knowledgeable, smart, funny, competent) etc. You find the person, get married, love each other, but if things start falling apart with time get separated and move on.
          India: Parents again in picture. You are 21? I am 42. I have seen more life, I brought you into this world. I know what is good for us. Not you, us. When a guy marries a girl, she becomes part of the guy's family. And family is one. Grandparents, parents, uncles, aunts, cousins everyone living under one roof used to be the norm for 100s of years. Also as per tradition before marriage, they used to check back up to 7 generations of ancestors on both the sides to ensure that it is going to be a perfect match, because it was bound to be a match for life, partner to death. If this tradition had been untouched, the concept of 'arranged marriage' would not have been very bad. My grandparents and even my parents did not speak with each other before getting married. But I know that I will never be as happy as they are with each other, when I get eventually married - love or arranged or whatever. The reason why these arranged marriages of previous generations work like a charm is - A great marriage is not one between two like-minded people, but between two people who are different yet understand and accept the differences in their partner and appreciate them over time and they have a lifetime to understand each other. Since there is no such thing as 'divorce', there is no such thing as 'bad' marriage either. It is just a question of how long before you understand, appreciate, love, become one.
          American-born and brought Indians aka ABCD - American Born Confused
          Desi's (How appropriate).
          Once in every few years visit India with parents, talk in accented Hindi, Tamil, Telugu etc. Watch some bollywood movies.
          Hollywood Comic book super heros, NBA playoffs, Super Bowl, Prom night, Spring break, best friend lost virginity at 16... etc
          Torn apart between two worlds. Worser for ABCDs whose parents are first generation americans. Think American, But trying to be Indian as well.

Comment

Also, lotsa discussions on the groping, staring in India. Its not like every pretty women is gropped or stared at in India.
            A girl walks with just a thong on in Times square... What happens
            A girl walks in a short summer dress in Chennai because of the heat... What happens
            A girl walks with her face uncovered in Kabul... What happens
            Be a Roman in Rome.

Comment

Skin Color - Is it Important?

Dear Members,

I am happy to see so many posts which share my own curiosity of what attracts an Indian male to a caucasian female.

Questions:
              1. Why are Indian males attracted to Caucasian Women?
              2. Why aren't Indian males attracted to African-American Women?
              3. Is it wrong or stupid or perfectly fine to associate skin color for personal preferences.

Is it their color/toned physique/independent lifestyle/intelligence/ability to communicate/or ones own sexual appetite. As the saying goes, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder", the reasons would be different for various mindsets. Some individuals may be fascinated by pale color, their liking enhanced by watching **** and think intercourse with a white female would be the ultimate pleasure. But inherently this is a frail thought, as sexual pleasure has nothing to do with how one looks, except when emotions are involved and no one in their right minds would emotionally associate themselves with any pale colored female. In contrast, vast majority of Indian males are not attracted to black females. So, color does get associated with liking/sexual pleasure.

The root can be traced to how individuals are brought up. In India, dark skin is looked down upon and is associated with being unclean/ugly. For this very reason, India is a huge market for cosmetics. For centuries, white color has been associated with being noble, clean and easy on eyes. This is the reason why Indians (men and women) prefer fair skin.

As far as the quality of preference of color as a factor in liking/intercourse is concerned, there can be different opinions. As for just intercourse, it is plain wrong but as for like/dislike it is difficult to answer. On one side, it may be perfectly fine if skin color is considered only as a personal preference and not used to degrade or abuse others. On the flip side, a person can be considered as stupid as this is shallow and may not be able to make a right choice. He/She may get attracted to a better looking individual in the future.
              It is difficult to not factor in the skin color (white/black) for ones likes/dislikes. The best thing to do would be not to factor in the skin-color and instead look for compatibility in choosing a partner. The better-than-worse would be to give low importance to skin-color in decision making.

Comment

ignorant.

dhedi bhanghi! damn. you people are so judgemental. and for your information, the whole "no offense" thing, doesnt really work anymore. obviously people are going to take offense.

and thank you Enigmatic Smile. you're a sweetheart.
                Last edited by stasialynne; 08-11-2009, 01:32 AM.

Comment

Hi,
                  First of all i am not sure if i am that late in responding to ur thread but i do hope u check this thread regularly...i am an Indian guy of 26...I went through ur problems u been going through...But sincerely i dont think there should not be much of a problem as it appears to be....And please u dont just have to be born in an Indian family to have an indian..i do understand the amount of love u have for this guy....but i will tell u what i think might be a solution to your problem....
                  Mostly in indian families the kids are pampered by their parents and elders the parents take care of them help them in their education very much concerned so much that even guys wen they reach a mature age they find it hard to talk to their parenst about their wishes..As they feel obliged about what their parents have done for them so much so they fear if their act will break their heart.Regarding Love most indians wann be in love but they just fail to balance it between their lovers and their parents they feel kind of suffocating so instead they just screw everything up.I am sure ur very supportive to him in this matter...But the kind of acceptance depends alot on what his family is like...If they are orthodox or broad hearted what happens in bit of orthodox family is they kind of expect a bit of respect from their daughter-in-laws which in their general perception is very rare from a white background..if they are broad hearted then they are friendly and very easy living....What most parents think that their son will get divorce soon if he marries a white....its general perceptive and there is not point of arguing on this matter.....
                  But in your case i think ur man is little confused as how he would balance things and that he doesnt wann break ur neither hearts apart...But really its not a big deal u both have come so far and wann take this relationship then it wont be a big problem at all...I think u will have to compromise on few things but that too on matter of time when u meet his parents which should be done as soon as possible cuz this fear is mounting of both of you and its just something neds to be done to break it....
                  I feel there wont be no such problems in this time of century and even some orthodox people are opening up their heart if not then they will learn it....i think ur fiance needs to communicate more with you regarding this and what both should do as a team and he should not be so cautious with u on everything... I remember one of my relative has married a muslim girl and i know how most member in my family feel about such people but they were fine when they met her and their perception changed...Its not a herculian task and its very much possible if u both intend to work together in good as well as in bad times..after all no good parents would want their son/daughter to be unhappy in their life and if so then they would be happy in his decisions....all is needed just balance of somethings and bit of some understandings among each other And i am very much sure you both will make it happen
                  My Best Wishes

Comment

Indian women love Indian men.

So many points to make, so little time

a) After British colonized India: somehow a greater inferiority complex over color of skin became instilled & common. We were sent as slaves by the thousands to various countries from Africa to Trinidad &referred to as "darkies" "blackies" "monkeys" what have you..the collective conscious suffered from this I think. Of course, there were many other horrible circumstances India faced from the time of British colonization through out the 100 years, many lives lost, much wealth taken (every last diamond in India including largest in world Hope and Kohinoor).

b) Bollywood to appease it's Russian watching & to gain approval from European "filmmakers" or worldwide approval perhaps: poured extra white paint on the female actresses. There are movies where you can actually see the paint. This has an effect, especially, on the male population. The male population is literally brainwashed to "worship" white beauty. Not his own skin or his mother's.

c) These mass characterizations flowing all over are hilarious...some truths, but never for the majority. Every family &individual is unique: however the prevailing ethos/cultural norms in Indian society is fairly different than Western. Religion, family, culture are dominant. With respect to family: you will never find a nursing home in India, while in US,majority of white population sends their parents to nursing home once they reach "50". There is a deeep revererence for tradition for us Indians and for our parents (who instilled the traditions passed down from thousands of years).

d) In India, they say, love the one you marry not marry the one you love. The divorce rates in India are minimal, that's not to say that's a great thing if wife or husband is in bad situation...divorce was big taboo in India til recently...modernization is helping to lessen bad situations before kids are involved. Overall, though, once there are children- the whole family if not community is involved in keeping the family together.

e) The divorce rate for white families is 80% even after children and some thing you will never see in India: stepparents. Stepparents are a consistent norm indeed for American families..

f) There are rumors flying about "white women are easy" "white women are not easy" ---everyone is an individual at the end of the day. The difference is: Indian women are infact raised with 10x more strictness, two very Indian traditional deeply committed parents as a norm, constant religious activities as a norm. Living here in US our whole life- there are church goers- but they are rare. And the ones that did go to Church, do not have the same exact or even close reverence for their religion & all relevant traditions associated with it. India, has 11 religious holidays a year. Whites have 1 or 2. The point is (back to first sentence) : the sexual promiscuity you see among white women, multiple relationships at a time, **** lesbianism as a whole culture is due to the fact that in India: the whole culture has been very orthodox for a long period of time. **** is not legal in India even! Prostitution is hidden, there are no "street prostitutes" & what's defined as a prostitute in India is "Julia Roberts- Pretty Woman" outfits - meaning women for their fashion have not even been allowed (our Moms did not let us leave the house showing tiny skirt and wearing everything but nipples seen shirts!) nor possibly choose to show all their flesh for anyone.& everyone The high feminization in US = nude women as a culture being considered glamorous, and in turn prostitution is glamorous. Men don't need to go to strip clubs in US even: just night club, or the regular streets, they all look the same: women who are ready to have sex if you buy them 2 dinners & a few drinks. White women knowing Indian men come from very traditional backgrounds will usually play the "hard to get" game at first, or have only had one relationship my whole life game.

In India, the overall spirituality present in daily life (gigantic prayer rooms in homes&constant interactions with our culture via consistent temple going), the dress of our mothers (our mothers don't walk around in tiny skirts or fully revealing shirts nor allow daughters to) instills in the women a greater conscience about their "physical side". It's not to say Indian women are not having sex from 19 on (on average white women by 14) but some ethics inside of us prevent us from being "club **** on weekend basis" "drinking every weekend &having sex with new guy every weekend".....something ingrained in us, maybe brainwashing. This brainwashing does not happen for white women as a whole &(instead the opposite) their carefreeness in all aspects= great prospect for Indian guys who are in majority white area &Indian women are not near by or the few Indian women he has been, the experiences were not great or maybe even painful...or of course, he is a minority of the population or ABCD who wasn't pressured to marry his own from his parents. Realize also, that whites (((((***(I know first hand of many situations where white parents took sons out of will for wanting to marry Indian, or broke up the relationship, or even man I dated (note: just like the other Indian women I know, I was not looking at foreign man as marriage prospect, the thousands of Sindhis, Punjabis, Telugus, Oriya families we know are dating other races in same predicament of being a "minority group" in given country, but when it comes to marriage prospects, on our own we choose and have chosen to look for our own race (Indians, again, are not the only ethnic group which are adamant about this))))*** saying his family & himself definitely want him to marry Orthodox white Greek girl- it is common for every culture for the family to say- please pass our traditions, culture, genes, language or we will disown. Luckily, in my situation, it was not a desire to marry outside ever, and I say this with absolute truth; same with sisters, brothers, cousins, and rest of community who have married within.

g) So I think I made above point (tho long winded) clear: culturally- major differences in how we are raised.

h) regarding: being considered Mexicans or Natives: didn't the whites kill millions in S. America? & kill populations of Natives? It shouldn't be something for Indians to be ashamed of if we are "considered this or that". But it is a fact that white women are extremely competitive themselves with respect to giving Indian women dirty looks, or condescending behaviors- everyone in our family has experienced it & all of our relatives as well from being here 20years. & with respect to getting dirty looks from "Indian women when they see Indian guy with white woman" trust me when I say I and others have been the victim of dirty looks by white women for being in public with white guy friend (not boyfriend). If anyone wants to say, white women are docile, Indian women are not: I would like to check that with the level of arrogance they are born with; if you are in any urban sprawl setting you can see a white woman shaking her **** with green jogging pants that say "pink" on the butt; that is of course if she is not in her typical bran & underwear outfit in public cause it's summer in N. America, or Victoria's secret ad for their underwear: pink is prestigious and priveleged. In other cultural news: the modest Indian woman for her Bollywood films has not been showing nude parts in every single movie, while 30 films in a row (dramas, comedies, actions) you can watch of Hollywood or European "showcasing white breasts" as if to shove them down whole populations throats as the most beautiful or some type of marketing/ conditioning scheme perhaps. India is definitely a little behind on the "marketing female nudity so aggressively" but wait, we are getting there, and thank God. It is a marketing tactic that works: hitting men where it counts so to speak and not for making money sake but it has an overall impact on them. Why else would companies spend billions on advertising? & you have to remember at the end of the day: a) women are competitive especially if there is money to be made & a secure lifestyle to be had b) it is not just an Anglo woman which will belittle or "hate" Indian women owhen she has a lifetime with a man who was raised well with traditions, a religion, & customs she was nowhere near raised-----I have seen Mexican women &Chinese online say as well: Indian women are ugly compared to Mexican women (or Chinese what have you) -------- c) at the end of the day, no o n e and I Mean Noone loves or cares for your fellow Indian sisters as your own Indian sisters (or brothers) BELIEVE IT! THE REST WILL GLADLY TRASH ALL OVER HER given the opportunity, this is some thing the white men who have pride in their upbringing know, whether German, Greek, Italian, Polish, Russian......and some thing our Indian men & Indian women with their Indian fathers & Indian mothers should care to learn & what's worse these same women (I know again first hand a Chinese woman married to Indian man who hated India & taught her kids only hate for India!! Mexican, white, black men do the same, whether they are competitive with the women and naturally outwardly aggressive towards the women or not & for some reason, a foreign woman marrying foreign man will do everything in her power to make him """grateful""" he did not marry his own, I'm not sure if it is human nature, or just women are alot more aggressive, catty, and competitive than people realize ---read again, Indian women are never this hostile or malicious towards their own.......)

In the end, We are not white, and they are not Indian, and both parties always know that.That should be remembered and noted.

i) Indian women are in a good position today of luring their men to them (fashion wise, beauty wise thru media) and thank God. I for one, like millions of us, am happy with our genes. Tan skin seems to save one from wrinkling alot sooner, we wrinkle about 30 years after the average white woman who start heavy wrinkling by 35 (the melanin in our skin protects it from 5x the skin damage).....and passing our genes and his with the added bonus of still being able to pass down our cultural mores and traditions. We were held back quite a bit in last 15 years...but with knowledge available, access to Indian tv, Internet all of these outlets help our cause. If you don't believe me about the protective properties of melanin: in web address, www.anvari.org in Search celebrities without makeup, or in Google type twenty celebrities that have aged miserably, then walk into a Hindu temple &look at the beautiful Indian women in their 50's & 60's. I have seen white women by 40 looking 60 &at 50,60 about 95 yrs. old looking. Indian women at 60 have minimum wrinkles, not a whole face of wrinkles, sunken eyes, thinned skin. Beauty products, and plastic surgery have been around dozens of years- they don't save the skin in same manner melanin does from UVA &UVB damage.

j) because at the end of the day, just like any other race who has any pride in what they are raised with (whether the strict Italians, Jewish, Anglos, Greeks, Germans, Russians, Polish, or Brazilians, or Japanese) it does hurt all women. Not just Indian women as I have pointed out. It is every culture's right to pass on the above mentioned things (and most feel exact same way as us)it should be noted as well, that the Indian mother plays a huge role in her kids success & reverence to the traditions (of which there are many).

k)Sorry to offend if I did on i : but it is time India got over it's inferiority complex, for whatever reason that inferiority complex has perpetuated. What outside influences in particular...because I am pretty sure in basic human nature 101, one looks at his Mom, Dad, himself or herself and sees a thing of absolute beauty, perfect beauty. The ABCD's we grew up with did (we're first generation, maybe this is why).

l) so take these points home with you: no, Indian women culturally have not been raised in sexually aggressive manner nor allowed to and we need to wake up, and make sure our men's needs are being met in the bedroom. Passed down, the emphasis has been on a hundred other things for us...
                    Last edited by Shwetha99; 08-12-2009, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Hi

Thank you for sharing your love story.

Comment

(laughing at above!!)

So forget about this 80 % of the population whom you will never be interacting with unless you are going to India.

The rest -
                        3. Indian-born and brought up - studying / working / migrated to US.
                        80 % of people in this group think that white women are easy. And I saw some responses from caucasian women saying that this is not true. This is actually because you should never call a women 'easy'. It is offensive. And the Indian men called them 'Easy' because they couldn't find a better way to put it. Western culture is more 'liberal' or some word like that would be a better way to put it. The reasons for this big difference are -

""please look at my interpretations as to why they are considered "easy"

West: You are 21 years old, you know what you are by now and what you want from your life partner. Go find him/her. A women gives out signals (flirts) to the men as an invitation, if the brains go with the looks, then next step - physical union, If this chemistry is also good, then love, live-in, marriage etc. To show that you have all the right stuff in you, excel in sports (a football team captain), dance and show your body in the right way at a club (I am in the prime of youth, physically fit, have grace, my right and left brains work in synch), dating (I am knowledgeable, smart, funny, competent) etc. You find the person, get married, love each other, but if things start falling apart with time get separated and move on.

---""Perfect accuracy above paragraph!! Like I said, we are raised with very different set of values, things that are ingrained in every one of us from the time we are young, whether it is the prayer room, pujas, daily aarthis to the fact that the whole community is involved in the marriage"" and in India, we say "love the one you marry, not marry the one you love" It has worked!! You'll never see a stepparent situation in India, while here, if I showed you where to go for the statistics you would be uttlerly shocked- as well as to the fact that the kids are raised much differently than we are. 70% of American kids have been drinking by 15, 80% have had sex by 15. This has never been the case in India nor for ABCD's.
                        American-born and brought Indians aka ABCD - American Born Confused
                        Desi's (How appropriate).
                        Once in every few years visit India with parents, talk in accented Hindi, Tamil, Telugu etc. Watch some bollywood movies.
                        Hollywood Comic book super heros, NBA playoffs, Super Bowl, Prom night, Spring break, best friend lost virginity at 16... etc
                        Torn apart between two worlds. Worser for ABCDs whose parents are first generation americans. Think American, But trying to be Indian as wel
                        Last edited by Shwetha99; 08-08-2009, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Sorry I did not where to post this

One last point that should be noted. I don't mean to come off racial:

but genetically speaking we are different.

The melanin in our eyes is protective, the melanin in our skin is protective (whites get 10x the risk of skin cancer & 3x faster skin damage)

the dark hair is protective! Genetically you will find that Indian women and men have very thick hair.....because dark hair protects the scalp.

our genes are different overall.....this should be realize, we are not, I repeat the same race. WE are Asian, our features may be similar, but we evolved under different conditions with different hereditary conditions, completely.

Proof of this, good friend of the family, who is actually famous Indian married white woman.

After her 3rd pregnancy, she became extremely obese few months after....Obviously, everyone knows that women do tend to gain a little weight after a pregnancy,

but I am talking completely 50-60 lbs over.This may be individual situation I realize...but if you look at her bone structure, you will find that Indian women as a whole genetically are smaller boned, more docile appearing----we were just at Ikea today and we saw a 6 foot tall white woman with same bone structure as her partner, much larger than the average Indian girl!! & this is as a whole I mean (until we become in our 60's after having happily raised our kids and now raising grandkids yes, there might be some tummy fat for the aunties).

Re, the pregnancy I have never seen one Indian woman in my life become obese after giving birth. This is not to insult, but to point to possible genetic differences.

If you look at India's diet last few thousand years, we have not been a heavy meat eating diet, with exception of chicken or fish,

and even with that: minimal chicken ie once a week.

look at American diet? it is primarily heavy meat consumption even on daily basis!! Trust me, when I say, this has an effect on genetics!!!!!!

What are families are raised on is completely different!!!!!! While American families are raised daily on pork, beef, chicken, ham, and fish, and anything else that looks tasty we were raised our whole life daily on vegetarian diet!!!!!!!!

with meat at most once a month! And even the strict Hindu families like ours made it a point to cook fresh Indian food meals literally daily!!! but still allow meat consumption outside the home so there wouldn't be trauma for the kids going to school and during school.

In the end, us same kids, all go back to same diet we had growing up and cherishing the delicious and fresh Indian food we were raised with. End up living a little longer as well for it. Even the Washington Post reported front page 4 pages long article about proven finally heart attack and stroke risks to red meat consumption...

Vegetarianism, if you did not know, was a concept born in India. You can research online: Rig Veda Vegetarianism for proof or type Vegetarianism recommended in Vedic Scripture...

So again, this is not to say one culture is superior, one is not, it is to say THEY ARE DIFFERENT that is all, and anyone is free to marry anyone, and anyone is free from any given ethnicity, culture or race to have love for their individual heritage and to want to pass down their genes (and to even be proud of their beauty!) Whites may enjoy the tan skin, but it is a fact of facts

that millionso fthem are extremely proud of their white skin!! YOu may not hear about it in daily life, but is fact and it is present! & whether the individuals are white, Italian, Greek, Chinese, Black, ofcourse they are allowed to cherish their upbringing, history, genes and pass it down!!! It is the unspoken thing for alot of families, and it is only after there is an inter racial marriage, or desire from the son or daughter to marry outside, that the family realizes:

2nd, 3rd generation will be raised no where near to what the orignal son or daughter was raised (d i l u t i o n). The chances of all the kids marrying Indian, and those kids marrying Indian or having any pure knowledge of the real way (by real way I mean encompassing the scores of customs(customs whether it be how our Amma's fed rotis to the cows, birds, any animal in backyard,Raksha Bhandhan, not wearing shoes in house, sleeping with head on North side or East, us daughters always wearing traditional dress &definitely not mini skirt & revealing shirts in public, &many more Hindu or Ayurvedic based customs) our mother teach us, the food, the religious functions, the pujaas the reverence for the family with respect & pure devotion to these traditions )

What 2nd, 3rd generation Indians will be raised on is null to 3 on a 10 scale.
                          Last edited by Shwetha99; 08-12-2009, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Addition

COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Sorry for those reading,

forgot to add that Chinese by the millions are very proud of their features, Mexicans the same, it is not just whites.

I only hope that Bollywood continues to show both versions of our beauty....the tan beautiful male is also the tan beautiful female. We cannot continue this inferiority complex.

Thank God for the likes of Priya Rai, Rakhi Sawant, Bipasha Basu, Priyanka Chopra, Konkana Sen Sharma, Namitha, ****hka Shetty that we are not completely perpetuating "white female, dark beautiful man" as if the tan woman is ugly!!!

This has indeed had a very causal relationship on INDIAN men, the few that do, being complacent about marrying white women, where you will see the average white male not being brainwashed to find "tan Mexican women" more superior or better option to his own "white women"...

see how that works? Indian women should not be culturally disadvantaged like this, and especially when they know and the world knows that their twin is extremely beautiful!!!

also, INDIA needs to BE PARTICULARLY AGGRESSIVE about allowing Indian **** in India!!!! It does not exist!!!!!!! All the men have access to in India is literally foreign girl **** in every rural area even.

I know this for a fact! **** or **** distribution is illegal in India!! But the foreing girl dvds are availalbe everywhere in the "underground market"!! There are some new sites which I have found out about though, desipo**movies.com and masalapo**movies.com

India really needs to wake up to the effect this has on our men, seeing foreign women in "all their glory, nudity constantly and then even more so when he watches a foreign film, walks on the streets in foreign areas (not just the beaches or bar) he literally sees foreign nudity every where he goes!!

So India, make it legal!! we are losing our men, and our heritage! And did you know 30,000 Indian men married foreigners in Europe in last year?

Please think about why this might be the case?
                            [/U][/U][/U][/U][/U][/U][/COLOR]
                            Last edited by Shwetha99; 08-09-2009, 04:14 PM.

Comment

For """""Barbie"""" " & """"Andrew""""

((RESPONSES DO NOT FOLLOW COMMENT unfortunately))

This forum seems to be filled with white women sooooo grateful they found Indian guy! Does anyone else find this strange? It should make atleast one person ask "what is it about the average Indian men that white women are just SOOO PROUD of beating over with the head with a club and taking back to the cave?

I think I answered these questions in my other posts. It is the upbringing that Indian men have that makes them so alluring. Who brought them up again, or the women? Literally, blood, sweat tears, from both parents & grandparents? Oddly enough, you will see white women on this forum scoffing at and belittling the Indian culture and our deep reverence for our parents, grandparents, all family as a whole, or even living with them til whatever age, yet, the clincher is they are MIGHTY PROUD TO HAVE found an Indian man.
                              Here's what any Indian person reading must know: Indian women do not as a whole "find it a pride" thing when they "nab a rich man from another race"

White women,born and raised with their "bourne supremacy" & aggressive in their marketing tactics to be seen as nudest, the sexiest, hottest, most coveted, blondest (it's a good bleach job (hair dye is made with bleach and ammonia, and there is no way to make it light yellow without these chemicals, by the way since yellow hair is a recessive gene and less than 5% of population is yellow hair) are extremely proud when they get the "rich guys of other races." Prostitution (being nude for all men to make a buck) would not be a glamorous business in US if this wasn't the case.

Now, let's take the same example I gave of how whites view Indian culture & our reverence for our culture and ties, whether view is positive or negative.....you can see from Barbie's initial comment : she is bashing the whole Indian culture, Indian women, look at her response, she is stating her husband states these things "[B]1. Indian women are in his words "unattractive" 2. Indian women are far to bossy 3. Indian women think they are "entitled" to a lifestyle without having to work for it and 4. Indian women want to marry an Indian guy because they have been told this is what you must do since birth. His parents told him that if he was to marry a "white" girl they would disown him. What are their reasons??? "A white girl won't take good care of us like an Indian girl would"

If you are an Indian person reading this, you know that #4 is true.........Yes, BARBIE,1) all Indian women are bossy, 2) all Indian women are "entitled" to have lifestyle without working for it (and that's why in India the whole culture isn't being nude for entire male population? and showcasing how sexy it is to make a $ on your back?" Y and that is also why Indian women and men are faring very well in US right? Because the "Indian women" were on their backs nude looking to make $????

in US, 90% If you take a study of the millions of Indian women here, you will see that 90% of them have been working from the time they came to US!

So, going to back cultural dilution, it is very obvious that as a whole, these white women will exploit any fears, misgivings, an Indian man has for his culture...There is after all,alot of money to be made by nabbing him, and not only that a man who has been raised extremely well: by cough cough: his own very Indian mother and Indian father &Indian from generations past. What will their kids learn? This white woman who belittles Indian culture, Indian women? look at her comment to learn exactly what the kids will learn. Any Indian reading this abroad or here in US should be crying! She even states, it "is racism" to hate your future daughter in law based on race, color. How odd, yet she is bashing all of Indian culture, Indian women or making it a strong point to nonetheless.You guessed it, the children will have no real cherishing of any Indian values nor themselves pass much down.Gone, zip.[/B]
                              I still find it really really odd that these white women feel so much pride for getting an Indian man?
                              To Andrew2009: you statedMost men who goabroad who marryIndian girl are:
                              1) those who dont knowhow tocook.

2) cannot get a white girl.

3) sex starved.so come back to India for food and sex. Am I right.

[COLOR="Orange"]It is fairly obvious you are not an Indian in any true sense. Most Indian men do not come to US trying to find a foreign girl. As other real Indians on the forum have stated, yes, there is a problem from ABCD's who have one foot in the old country and one in the new...but overall, most know it is very

easy to get a white girl, even easier than Mexican or Chinese. They have been dating since 15, they have been doing their nite clubs thing, and Girls gone wild thing since this age. Trust me when I say, the average ABCD or fresh off boat, knows that if he has a "good career" and his pockets are full, a white woman is there ready to get nude for him & as a culture they are screaming with Samantha Fox video "Fu** me Fu** me, I mean touch me, touch me" or Madonna's orgie book for the masses titled "Sex" or her lingerie dances in "Open your heart". No one questions the availablilty of white women, and of course again, it is individual thing some may actually be like the majority of Indian women who wait for love, or in much higher % more reserved sexually,and are not club hopping on weekend basis and who is not following new hot craze of **** lesbianism.

going back to last point about white women being very proud of "nabbing" Indian men: do you not think there is an enormous level of pride for them when they marry any "rich" ethnic group? Isn't that the goal? Get money by any means necessary? Here are some rich and wealthy ethnic men married to white women - Tiger Woods, millionaire & Chinese Robert Kiyoasaki, Elizabeth Hurley married to Arun Nyar. I am sure there are countless others (of course the rich Indian male doctors in New York or elsewhere who marry the white nurses (2yr Associate's degree for her while his Indian Mom & INdian Dad God knows what they went thru to put him thru school, especially here in US where it is upwards of $50k for Bachelors alone, Medical school much more) as comment before mentioned. This is in fact prevalent.

Lastly, I find it very odd that when you see a white woman married to an Indian male (the rich ones of course) you will see them adapting to Indian women fashion! If you type Elizabeth Hurley husband in Google, first page you will see pictures of her in beautiful Indian dresses, saris. We have seen this at another wedding as well of the famous Indian we are friends with. At the wedding, all the flower girls were in absolutely beautiful Indian attire, mehndhi)..

These questions need to be answered. What will it take for the average Indian parents to explain to their Indian kids, that yes, whites as a whole, also have pride in their upbringing, genes, culture. Many situations we know of here where white sons are prohibited from marrying outside from whichever religious background. Yet, when it comes to white women marrying other ethnic groups, if he is "rich" then all that pride in their own culture, genetics, traditions flies out the window while they shun & have no real knowledge of most aspects of Indian customs, cultures, values (maybe, or maybe not, and most definitely do not pass what Indian mothers teach their daughters or sons), and traditions.

They love our dresses and the wallets of our men...this is what the kids learn.
                              Wake up Indian women. You are beautiful, stunning, and you have a whole world of women competing for the same men that your parents and his parents toiled, blood sweat and tears to raise with things that are very distinct to who you are as an Indian.

Marry outside, fine. Chinese women are beautiful, Mexican women are beautiful, Black women are beautiful, Anglos are beautiful, but you are also gorgeous.....If you care from one cell of your body what India is and what being raised as an Indian is, think carefully about why so many of us are looking for our Indian husbands, but he is chasing the flooozies in mini skirts with their breasts revealing tops.

The culture disappears. Germans, Italians, Greeks, Polish, Jewish, Anglos, Mexicans, Africans all have a distinct culture. Love your culture, your genes, your heritage. 2 generations down: it will be gone I guarantee this much.
                              [/COLOR]
                              Last edited by Shwetha99; 08-12-2009, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Re: comment we're all just people & not different ethnicities or gene pools

[

There have been several comments directed at Indian men from the white women: "you're in America now! If I look pretty to you, then it must be something wrong with your heritage, that your parents are going to disown you (same thing Indian friend of mine heard white Italian parents say to son upon wanting to marry Indian)!!"

There is no racism in the fact that urban gentrification exists (Anglos, Indians, Puerto Ricans, Greeks, Polish, Chinese crowded &dwelling in specific areas) nor racism in the fact that each of these groups pass on their genes by marrying within. There is also no racism in the fact that if you walk into any school setting in USA, with minute to large ethnic populations, that you will see each ethnic group with it's own. This is true in the classrooms, lunches, after school activities. Of course there are friendships outside, not prohibited. However, no one says racism when 2 Mexican girls decide to sit next to each other in class, or 2 white girls do the same. Same is true in work places. Everyone is free to mingle, but Indians have alot more in common with fellow Indians, whites with fellow whites, Mexicans with Mexicans. The melting pot philosophy holds: all can work together in a democratic, civil society without facing discrimination for employment options. In India, the same situation would occur. If it was 12% white, 12% Chinese: you guessed it - birds of a feather flock together.

So Barbie, no one is screaming racism but you in this case or the other Indians who have experienced racism or have been beaten down in their collective unconscious that whites must be superior because they have always found a way to organize the best and invade, loot, and murder unknowing populations. India as a country has never directly in it's 10,000 year history "invaded" another country. This, perhaps: fear of aggression, keeps "submissive" populations at check and undermining their own pride for their own culture. Hence, you have the Indian men or women in US or few Mexicans or Chinese think "there might be something wrong with my race, & the white race must be superior". No other group has the same history of mass invasions and slaughter with exception to the Moors invading Europe and the Muslim invasions into India, and Japan nan-king rape of China (done to prove it's like mindedness with the Anglos- slaughtering populations en masse proves supremacy on some level).

And a final point, any one can be a great prospect for marriage. Nowadays, all the surgery is even available to **** "virginity" (look into it...apparently the surgeons implant a new hymen and an unsuspecting man would never know) or get breast implants without it harming the newborn's children for breastfeeding. Until recently, there was a very good reason millions of women here who got breast implants were forced to feed their babies formula (and realize that not being breastfed as a newborn causes cognitive problems and 5x greater the immunodeficiencies a child experiences as an adult).

but now, knowledge is available and the women's magazines here emphasize to never tell a man how many men you have slept with....so who marries who in today's world or in the future will be based on many factors....but I really really hope that for any Indians reading this: that they realize, yes a white, Chinese, black, Mexican women or man can do one of two things: bash your fellow Indian men or women or promote that bashing & thus the kids will experience that as well, or worship Indian culture and religion, or possbily a mix of both. It is everyone's choice in same way Indians are free to bash aspects of American culture. As long as the knowledge is there, that the daughter or son of mixed parents will most likely not teach fully their kids 100% the things you were taught in your homogenous upbringing or even be taught 100% those things themselves- then atleast the choices are better made fully knowing the consequences.

And thanks to Indian men commenters, who pointed out that although Indian women have not been very sexually aggressive or right next to nude as a whole population, that there is no difference in the bedroom But I emphasize to Indian women:: you have been taught so many other things with emphasis on so many other things- remember that men are men at the end of the day and beauty (inner and outer) saves the day. Do everything you can to look beautiful in public & private for him, you cannot keep your 'beauty private' anymore

**** **** **** I am in no way saying all Indian girls are "perfect" inner either-------Some of us ofcourse may come from very dysfunctional (alcoholism, cheating, abuse, neglect) families just as all races may experience the same, or from the frustrations of never having seen our own TV or movies until just a few years ago (if in a foreign country - DVDs with subtitles came out just a few years ago) have our own inferiority complex--- but Indian women!! do not fight with him! Other women have had it much easier overall, with all the luxuries afforded to them from the day they were born, and he may have had it very tough as well (just like anyone), remember this please and do your best to be happy with everything you have and to offer.& re outer beauty, I am not saying get the white paint, but find the nice flawless look make your face shine brighter, powder (and of course you can always mix up your look - the tan with heavy blush look is gorgeous also), wear the mascara, lipstick...you are in no way any less beautiful or intelligent than other women, and of course keep your figure! There is a great doctor who performed on Pres. Clinton's quadruple bypass surgery named Dr. Oz. If you go to Oprah. com, you can find his 20 minute work outs. One of the best workouts I have ever done, working out every part of the body. ---& to Indian women, it is true you age 3x less faster because of the melanin (see proof by walking into an Indian temple &seeing the mothers in their 60's)....but to look even more beautiful &protect your skin : there is a sunscreen which I love (kabanaskincare.com- it does not use micro-ionized zinc oxide, regular..you will need to apply a cream before it & mix it with foundation- but it makes your skin glow a little brighter, and all natural ingredients!!)

& speaking of body....millions of women are getting breast implants here and finally in Bollywood same is occuring (Rakhi Sawant, Namitha, Bipasha Basu -and they look great!) get them if you can or want to. There shouldn't be any shame in wanting to make your husband keep his eyes on you for the rest of his life!! You are living in a world now which is very different from India! You can even look at online profiles of Anglo women where they are "regular girls" but literally showing all of their breasts except for nip**les or posing in short dress with their legs spread on a bed, and they are not prostitutes, just the regular girls that Indian men are dating in US! You are naive to think your Indian men are not drooling for them. Our men are always in state of wondering why they are so attracted to public **** stars and is it just that Indian women are not so attractive as Barbie pointed out. No, Barbie Indian women are very attractive, we have been sheltered and kept modest in our beautiful saris, by our very orthodox mothers, beautiful kurthis chooridhars outfits" making our men, the millions of them which are marrying their own, love us for a thousand other things, this one thing needs to be added. Indian women culturally cannot allow themselves to be seen 'as unsexual' while foreign women are making sure every single Indian guy & the whole public they come across sees them through every outlet in the most possible ****ographic, sexual, appropriate for bedroom, or the basic bra & panty outfits in public, attire possible!!!

So to those women saying Indian men are coming on to us....give us Indian women a chance to play catch up. Our men love us 500%, & yes we're individuals also who may have things to work on as well or better about ourselves (self esteem) etc, but in no way are we "all bossy, entitled, or unattractive" as Barbie stated, but the beautiful tall Indian men or the rich men, us Indian women definitely are seeing them get clubbed by **** displays& brainwashed by the "wheat skin is not beautiful for the woman but it is for the man complex in India"" **** **** **** ...and most men on top of this, just cannot resist a nude for the world woman.
                                Last edited by Shwetha99; 08-10-2009, 07:03 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X