Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dependent VISA for B1 VISA

Hello all!

I am having an B1 Multiple(10 yrs) entry VISA for US.I wanted to know is there any sort of dependent VISA for B1.I will be travelling to US shortly for business, i wanted my wife to accompany me.But she dosen't have VISA. SO is there any sort of dependent VISA on B1??

Thanks!!!

Originally posted by Pandya
    Hello all!

I am having an B1 Multiple(10 yrs) entry VISA for US.I wanted to know is there any sort of dependent VISA for B1.I will be travelling to US shortly for business, i wanted my wife to accompany me.But she dosen't have VISA. SO is there any sort of dependent VISA on B1??

Thanks!!!
    No theres no dependent visa but in most countries, once one spuse has a visa, the other one usually gets it too. She should apply an dtake yours with her to the interview

Comment

There is no dependent visa as such. You will have to apply for a tourist visa for your wife. Mine is the same case as yours. I have a valid 10 yr B1/B2 visa and recently applied for a visitors visa for my wife and daughter so that they can accompany me on an upcoming business trip. They too got a 10 yr visa

In interview (Chennai), they were asked for a copy of my passport with the visa. Plus I had given an application (on plain paper) describing that I was going to the US for business trip and I wanted to take my wife and daughter along for sightseeing. Plus I had listed my bank balances and other assets to prove that I am capable of financing their trip cost (return airfare, hotel, insurance, daily expenses etc)

Make sure that when your wife goes to the interview, she knows the name of your company (both in India and US), which city in US will you be going, where you will be staying, the broad nature of your business in the US, and a few sightseeing places near the city where you plan to stay. Also make sure that if you fill the DS-156/157 forms for her, she reads them thoroughly. Also, be prepared to answer questions like who will finance the trip and where you will get the money from, what is the duration of your stay and what places do you plan to visit etc. Let her also carry last 6 months bank statements, salary slips, marriage certificate etc.

Comment

Originally posted by rahulp View Post
        There is no dependent visa as such. You will have to apply for a tourist visa for your wife. Mine is the same case as yours. I have a valid 10 yr B1/B2 visa and recently applied for a visitors visa for my wife and daughter so that they can accompany me on an upcoming business trip. They too got a 10 yr visa

In interview (Chennai), they were asked for a copy of my passport with the visa. Plus I had given an application (on plain paper) describing that I was going to the US for business trip and I wanted to take my wife and daughter along for sightseeing. Plus I had listed my bank balances and other assets to prove that I am capable of financing their trip cost (return airfare, hotel, insurance, daily expenses etc)

Make sure that when your wife goes to the interview, she knows the name of your company (both in India and US), which city in US will you be going, where you will be staying, the broad nature of your business in the US, and a few sightseeing places near the city where you plan to stay. Also make sure that if you fill the DS-156/157 forms for her, she reads them thoroughly. Also, be prepared to answer questions like who will finance the trip and where you will get the money from, what is the duration of your stay and what places do you plan to visit etc. Let her also carry last 6 months bank statements, salary slips, marriage certificate etc.
        rahulp, thank you very much for detail explanation, it helps me a lot. I would like to know the age of you daughter, was she under 14 and eligible for "interview waiver program" when you have applied for VISA. If she was under 14 then I would like to know how you manage for her visa.

Comment

Dependent VISA for B1 VISA for spouse and daughter <14 years

Originally posted by rahulp View Post

Hello Rahul,

Thank you very much for your explanation, I would like to know about the age of you daughter when you have applied for VISA, was she eligible for "Interview waiver program" or was she under 14 age. If yes could you please share your experience that how you have managed.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X