Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Indian Passport renewal: Question on "addition of spouse name after marriage" field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian Passport renewal: Question on "addition of spouse name after marriage" field

Hi All,

I just started the renewal process after reading about all the steps on multiple websites. I was dreading to go through this onerous process and as I expected, already running into an issue, hence, the post here since I can't find my answer online. When I select "No" for "Are you married?" question and "No" for "Is your Spouse's Name endorsed in your existing Passport?", the following field automatically shows up and is checked by default.
    "addition of spouse name after marriage" --- "Yes" box checked

This is weird as I don't want to add my spouse's name but there is no way to uncheck this option. If I don't uncheck it, I'll have to submit my wife's passport which I don't want to and I shouldn't be forced into adding my spouse's name in my passport.
    Even the "No change required" box is grayed out.

Anybody else ran into this issue? If so, how did you find your way around it?

Thanks!

Endorsing spouse name during Indian passport renewal -- Mandatory?

Hi there,

I am facing the same issue today @ 22-Oct-2016 12 noon.

I am married but I don't want to endorse my wife name in the passport since my old passport (about to expire) doesn't have my wife name endorsed.

I don't understand this behavior of radio buttons and default check boxes in the "passport application form". It should have been designed by someone who lacks basic common sense. I am sorry to say this.

The only way I can verify this is by calling customer support and find proper answer to this question. Will update you if I get it in couple of days. You update this post in case if you get to know the answer for this trivial question.

Thanks,
    Vinoth

Comment

Originally posted by desiUSA View Post
      Hi All,

I just started the renewal process after reading about all the steps on multiple websites. I was dreading to go through this onerous process and as I expected, already running into an issue, hence, the post here since I can't find my answer online. When I select "No" for "Are you married?" question and "No" for "Is your Spouse's Name endorsed in your existing Passport?", the following field automatically shows up and is checked by default.
      "addition of spouse name after marriage" --- "Yes" box checked

This is weird as I don't want to add my spouse's name but there is no way to uncheck this option. If I don't uncheck it, I'll have to submit my wife's passport which I don't want to and I shouldn't be forced into adding my spouse's name in my passport.
      Even the "No change required" box is grayed out.

Anybody else ran into this issue? If so, how did you find your way around it?

Thanks!

SO i recently did my passport and i just don't recall sending my wife's passport. Not sure..

Comment

Originally posted by monsieurvinodh View Post
        Hi there,

I am facing the same issue today @ 22-Oct-2016 12 noon.

I am married but I don't want to endorse my wife name in the passport since my old passport (about to expire) doesn't have my wife name endorsed.

I don't understand this behavior of radio buttons and default check boxes in the "passport application form". It should have been designed by someone who lacks basic common sense. I am sorry to say this.

The only way I can verify this is by calling customer support and find proper answer to this question. Will update you if I get it in couple of days. You update this post in case if you get to know the answer for this trivial question.

Thanks,
        Vinoth
        Hi Vinoth, know this is a long shot, but just checking to see if you were able to renew without specifying the spouse name for your passport renewal. If so do you kindly recall and share the process?

TIA,
        Kumar

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X