Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PERM Labor: 9089 Processing Time, Need your suggestion...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PERM Labor: 9089 Processing Time, Need your suggestion...

Hello Friends,
    About First Step of Green Card, My PERM: 9089 has been filed with the DOL on 27-Sept-2016.
    But my current H1B Visa is valid till 24-July-2017 (which is approximate 10 months from filing)
    My Company will be filing my I-140 on premium processing for me & my family.

Please suggest how much time labor 9089 / Perm process can take? I heard it should be approved within max 6 months.
    Considering max time of 6 months (Perm / Labor 9089), and 1 month of I-140 processing, i am expecting these to be approved by max April 2017.

Now I have 3 months left to file my H1B extension... Is this good approach, or will you suggest me to go India for 2 months 5 days, so that my perm filing date would be older than 1 year, and i can atleast get 1 year of extension (if in case Perm or i-140 takes longer time).. I am avoiding my india travel, as i will also need to go for stamping.

Need your suggestion. Thanks

Originally posted by vipsinghal View Post
    Hello Friends,
    About First Step of Green Card, My PERM: 9089 has been filed with the DOL on 27-Sept-2016.
    But my current H1B Visa is valid till 24-July-2017 (which is approximate 10 months from filing)
    My Company will be filing my I-140 on premium processing for me & my family.

Please suggest how much time labor 9089 / Perm process can take? I heard it should be approved within max 6 months.
    Considering max time of 6 months (Perm / Labor 9089), and 1 month of I-140 processing, i am expecting these to be approved by max April 2017.

Now I have 3 months left to file my H1B extension... Is this good approach, or will you suggest me to go India for 2 months 5 days, so that my perm filing date would be older than 1 year, and i can atleast get 1 year of extension (if in case Perm or i-140 takes longer time).. I am avoiding my india travel, as i will also need to go for stamping.

Need your suggestion. Thanks
    Hi,

I am also in the same boat as you are with less than 11 months remaining on my H1B and the PERM is yet to be filed with my employer waiting for the online verification of the PERM account from DOL. My employer says that it normally takes 7 business days for this verification but it has been over 3 weeks now and we are still awaiting a response.

How is going with your PERM and I-140 submission?

Thanks.

Comment

PERM Labor: 9089 Processing Time, Need your suggestion...

Hi VIPSinghal,

Could you please share your experience?. when you got I140? how you tackled the situation?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X