Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement US F1 Visa in case of lost passport

Hi Guys,

I have a big problem. I am on STEM OPT and lost my passport two weeks back and also my EAD card. I have a trip scheduled in December and its necessary to go to India due to my sister's wedding. I got a new passport in Tatkal service but I am worried about the F1 Visa restamping again in India. Do I have to go over the same set of questions that I answered first time? Are there chances of rejection even though I have my visa valid till 2018? Guys I would really appreciate your response on how risky it would be to continue with this trip in such case?

Thanks,
    Anup

Hey,
    can you tell us what was the final solution?

I am facing a similar situation.

I lost my passport with F1 US visa recently. Though I found back my lost passport, the US embassy cancelled my visa as I had already informed them about losing it. So I will have to re-apply for a new F-1 visa.
    Now, I am currently on OPT and working for a major company. I am worried that if I go back to India for a new F-1 visa, they might reject it.
    What do you all think?

Thanks

Comment

My friend is in similar situation. What happened finally? did you get your f1 visa stamped?

Originally posted by OSU View Post
      Hey,
      can you tell us what was the final solution?

I lost my passport with F1 US visa recently. Though I found back my lost passport, the US embassy cancelled my visa as I had already informed them about losing it. So I will have to re-apply for a new F-1 visa.
      Now, I am currently on OPT and working for a major company. I am worried that if I go back to India for a new F-1 visa, they might reject it.
      What do you all think?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by OSU View Post
        Hey,
        Can you please share your experience ASAP. I am in a similar situation. It will be really helpful. Thanks

What do you all think?

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X