Administrative Processing for Renewal of B1/B2 Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Administrative Processing for Renewal of B1/B2 Visa

Dear All, I got my first B1/B2 visa 10 years back and since it is about to expire now, I applied for renewal of B1/B2 visa few days back. There were no questions asked, only fingerprints were taken and was told, "your visa is processed, you may collect it in 2-3 days, you will receive a message and email informing you on same". Now when i checked the status of visa, it says it is under "Administrative Processing". The problem is, I got charged with "Wet Reckless ( reduced form of DUI in 2007)". I cleared my dues then and have visited USA many times afterwards without any objection.
    My question, would being booked 10 years back could hamper in re-issuing of visa? What are my options? what could i do besides waiting?

Your help would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Today, i received an email from consulate that my "Passport is ready to Pick Up", but when i checked the Status of Visa, it still says it is under "Administrative Processing".
    Does anyone have any ideas what is means? Is my Visa denied/ it still under processing / they haven't updated the status at their Website?
    Anyway, going to find out tomorrow anyhow.

Comment

Just for Information of others, today i received my passport stamped with B1/B2 Visa for 10 years. I received 221(g) and was called me for Finger Prints and Interview at Consulate again. Everything went fine and Visa is approved.Please feel free to reach me at [email protected] if some one needs any guidance on B1/B2 Visa's.

Thanks.

Comment

B1/B2 Renewal- Administrative processing

[QUOTE=coolman578;477308]Just for Information of others, today i received my passport stamped with B1/B2 Visa for 10 years. I received 221(g) and was called me for Finger Prints and Interview at Consulate again. Everything went fine and Visa is approved.Please feel free to reach me at [email protected] if some one needs any guidance on B1/B2 Visa's.

]

Mine case is same too, i also have my renewal for B1/B2 visa but it has been 3 days they changed to Administrative processing so far no contact from their side and the passports are still with them. In which way they will contact me for interview etc. Mine OFC already done a week back. Please revert back asap.

Comment

[QUOTE=Rajanm;565178]
          Originally posted by coolman578 View Post
          Just for Information of others, today i received my passport stamped with B1/B2 Visa for 10 years. I received 221(g) and was called me for Finger Prints and Interview at Consulate again. Everything went fine and Visa is approved.Please feel free to reach me at [email protected] if some one needs any guidance on B1/B2 Visa's.

]

Mine case is same too, i also have my renewal for B1/B2 visa but it has been 3 days they changed to Administrative processing so far no contact from their side and the passports are still with them. In which way they will contact me for interview etc. Mine OFC already done a week back. Please revert back asap.
          Sometimes either they do not update the site with proper status or do mistake with the status.
          - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X