L1A to EB-1C Green Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

L1B to L1A to GC EB1C

Hi I came to USA on L1B Visa and later on upgraded to L1A. Prior to coming to USA I had worked in a company for about 1.5 years and then landed in USA. However in that 1.5 years I worked more as a subject matter expert as an individual contributor. In USA, I am working in managerial capacity. Before joining that company I had vast experience in another country where I managed 50+ member team. Now when my company initiated GC through EB1c category, there are questions since I have 1.5 years of offshore experience is not managerial. However I have about 12 years of experience as manager in different organization but not the organization offshore where I am currently employed. Can I not apply EB1c route considering 3 years prior to coming to USA I had managerial experience and USA also I am working in managerial capacity on L1A visa. Any past experience and expert advise would be helpful .

Comment

Same situation for me. My L1-A I-94 will expire on 10th May 17. I also have EAD for myself and wife. My attorney suggested to apply for extension and continue non-immigrant status till I-140 is approved.
      My extension is recently filed. My child's I-131 is still pending.

Originally posted by IjazGoher View Post
      Adding my case here also:

L1A filling under EB1C Multinational Manager

Application filed Mar 21, 2017
      Biometric Done Apr 24, 2017
      EAD card in processing Apr 25, 2017 (for myself and wife, no update for child)

My L1A expires in Jul 2017. Will I need to apply for visa if the application is still in processing?
      - - - Updated - - -

If you are currently holding L1A then you should be eligible for EB1C. The same rule applies for GC also. Have you shown "outside US managerial experience" in your L1A updrade? You should show the same in your GC application.

Originally posted by pmrk View Post
      Hi I came to USA on L1B Visa and later on upgraded to L1A. Prior to coming to USA I had worked in a company for about 1.5 years and then landed in USA. However in that 1.5 years I worked more as a subject matter expert as an individual contributor. In USA, I am working in managerial capacity. Before joining that company I had vast experience in another country where I managed 50+ member team. Now when my company initiated GC through EB1c category, there are questions since I have 1.5 years of offshore experience is not managerial. However I have about 12 years of experience as manager in different organization but not the organization offshore where I am currently employed. Can I not apply EB1c route considering 3 years prior to coming to USA I had managerial experience and USA also I am working in managerial capacity on L1A visa. Any past experience and expert advise would be helpful .

Comment

Originally posted by eb1cjan2017 View Post
        Same situation for me. My L1-A I-94 will expire on 10th May 17. I also have EAD for myself and wife. My attorney suggested to apply for extension and continue non-immigrant status till I-140 is approved.
        My extension is recently filed. My child's I-131 is still pending.

- - - Updated - - -

If you are currently holding L1A then you should be eligible for EB1C. The same rule applies for GC also. Have you shown "outside US managerial experience" in your L1A updrade? You should show the same in your GC application.
        Thank you. Is the outside US Managerial experience to be in same company or any company within last 3 years.

Comment

My Case (Nebraska USC)

01-31-2017 - Received I-485 I-765 and I-131 Receipts from USCIS
          02-28-2017 - Received EAD cards
          03-09-2017 - Biometrics complete
          05-09-2017 - Status changed to initial review

Comment

Can you please let me know the forms where your status changed to "initial review". Is it I-140?

Originally posted by simonhowell View Post
            01-31-2017 - Received I-485 I-765 and I-131 Receipts from USCIS
            02-28-2017 - Received EAD cards
            03-09-2017 - Biometrics complete
            05-09-2017 - Status changed to initial review

Comment

Please share

Anyone has any latest update, can you please share here.

Is there anybody applied in Texas Service Center during December 2016 got there I-140 approved?

Comment

This forum is helping me to manage expectations about the waiting time so I will share the initial status and updates. I believe that we also need to keep in mind all the preparation timeline, besides the processing one.
                Current visa status L1A valid until October 2019 (same date as I-94, stamp, visa and I-129). Just FYI this visa was approved in December 2016.
                Approval to adjust status in February 2017 (so, yes, company will sponsor! - this I believe is the most challenging phase for a lot of people working under a visa. Be patient, work hard, show great results and just ask for it...you may be surprised by receiving a positive answer!!)
                Signed agreement with company March 2017 (common procedure...to avoid people changing jobs as soon they receive the GC, not in my plans so this was not an issue)
                Preparation of forms by company lawyers - prepare 2 months for this procedure as you/your company is not a single customer...if it happens to you to have April in the middle of the timeline, even worst!! They will be busy with H1 visas...
                Forms (I-140, 485, 131, 765) signed submitted to lawyers: May 12
                Package submitted to USCIS: May 22
                Notice of Action received June 3; case received on May 26
                Nebraska Service Center

Waiting now for all the remaining phases...Biometrics appointment, combo card, processing and so on.

Comment

L1A filling under EB1C Multinational Exec Manager

SCR Texas

Application filed Nov 22, 2016
                  Biometric Done Jan 30, 2017
                  EAD card and AP received Feb 21, 2017 (for myself and wife, and children)

no update since then

Comment

Originally posted by cart2017 View Post
                    L1A filling under EB1C Multinational Exec Manager

SCR Texas

Application filed Nov 22, 2016
                    Biometric Done Jan 30, 2017
                    EAD card and AP received Feb 21, 2017 (for myself and wife, and children)

no update since then
                    Have you raised a request to ask why it's taking so long ? According to the US IS website they are dealing with i140 applications from Jan 2017.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi All,

I am sharing my case status to everybody.

Current Visa - L1A
                    Applied for - EB-1C Green Card (Concurrent)
                    Processing Type - Normal
                    Service Center - Texas

12/30/2016 - Attorney sent the documents to TSC
                    01/03/2017 - I-140, I-485, I-765, I-131 forms received by USCIS
                    01/10/2017 - Fingerprint Fee Received

Waiting for the next status...

It will be appreciated if anyone can share feedback on expected timeline.

**Request all of you to share your cases status if you applied from L1A to EB-1C green card**

Thanks.
                    Have you had any updates, at all ?

Comment

No, I have not received any updates yet.

Hi GreeninTX - can you update your case detail here.

Comment

Hi All,

I am sharing my current case status:

Current Visa - L1A (1 yr + ext 2 years valid until May 31 2018)
                        Applied for - EB-1C Green Card (Concurrent)
                        Processing Type - Normal
                        Service Center - Nebraska

06/17/2016- I-140 Received
                        06/22/2016 - Fingerprint Fee Received
                        08/16/2016 - Biometrics done.

Waiting for the next status for almost a year already.

**Request all of you to share your cases status if you applied from L1A to EB-1C green card**

Thanks.

Comment

Did you get any update?

Comment

As per USCIS online update on Processing Time as of June 14, 2017 for Nebraska Service Center processing E13 (EB1C) is still April 2, 2016.

Comment

No, I have not received any updates yet.

Hi GreeninTX - can you update your case detail here.
                              No problem,

From the U.K.
                              On a L1A
                              Filed concurrently for EB1C
                              Texas Service Center
                              Received 2nd March
                              Biometrics 20th April
                              EAD 13th of May

Comment

Originally posted by GreeninTX View Post
                                Have you raised a request to ask why it's taking so long ? According to the US IS website they are dealing with i140 applications from Jan 2017.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you had any updates, at all ?
                                Hi- I indeed sent a request to USCIS. I received an answer about 2 weeks later on June 26 '17 (pasted here)
                                "The status of this service request is: We have received your service request and researched the status of your case. We have had to perform additional review and this has caused a delay in processing time. Your case is currently with an adjudicating officer. You should receive a decision or notice of further action within 60 days."

Let's see how it will go....

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X