Suspension of Visa interview waiver program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension of Visa interview waiver program

I am currently under J1 program in the University of Chicago. I*am travelling to*my home country (India) on 18th February. I have already applied for renewal of my J1 visa, and I was eligible for the Visa interview waiver program. But I have come to know that the Visa interview waiver program has been suspended indefinitely. What would be the course of action for me in such scenario?

You would obtain a new visa using the regular method.

Comment

Originally posted by abhijit6783 View Post
      I am currently under J1 program in the University of Chicago. I*am travelling to*my home country (India) on 18th February. I have already applied for renewal of my J1 visa, and I was eligible for the Visa interview waiver program. But I have come to know that the Visa interview waiver program has been suspended indefinitely. What would be the course of action for me in such scenario?
      Hi,

I also have doubt regarding this. Is this rule officially passed? I have H1B visa and I am travelling to India on 25th of feb and i have Dropbox confirmation for stamping. What is my situation now. Do i have to book for a new appointment for interview.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayfield View Post
        You would obtain a new visa using the regular method.
        But the visa application website is not allowing to appoint an interview schedule. It is still showing "you are eligible for visa interview waiver program".

Comment

But the visa application website is not allowing to appoint an interview schedule. It is still showing "you are eligible for visa interview waiver program".
          I called customer service just now and they confirmed that DROPBOX program has not been cancelled for Indians. They have not received any such information TILL THAT TIME. Also they told me to check http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/index.html?firstTime=No for update

Comment

I called customer service just now and they confirmed that DROPBOX program has not been cancelled for Indians. They have not received any such information TILL THAT TIME. Also they told me to check http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/index.html?firstTime=No for update

Comment

Originally posted by Shirish85 View Post
              Thanks a lot for the information. I am waiting to call them in Monday morning (Indian time).

Comment

Thanks a lot for the information. I am waiting to call them in Monday morning (Indian time).
                I just called them (they open at 8 am IST). The lady said the dropbox program is still on - and went on to describe how it works (although I told her I have done this before). Maybe I am being extra cautious, but I will wait for their response to the email query I have sent regarding the same.

I will be in India on Feb 11, so will update this thread for sure!

Comment

I just called customer service and they still insist that I should follow directions on the website which says I am eligible for dropbox interview waiver program. Was looking to get my visa renewed this week but I am still not sure what to do.

Comment

I have just now called to the usatraveldoc support. The drop-box option is still there. But there is one change in the eligibility criteria. The J1-visa expiration duration has been changed from 48 months to 12 months now ("Did your previous J-1 visa expire within the last 12 months?). If the visa has expired for more than 12 months, one would need to schedule an appointment for Finger Print and Photograph capture at the Visa Application Center and a personal appearance for visa interview at the U.S. Embassy/Consulate. Luckily my visa expired within last 12 months. I have been asked to get a fresh drop-box confirmation letter.

Comment

Originally posted by jatinst View Post
                      I just called them (they open at 8 am IST). The lady said the dropbox program is still on - and went on to describe how it works (although I told her I have done this before). Maybe I am being extra cautious, but I will wait for their response to the email query I have sent regarding the same.

I will be in India on Feb 11, so will update this thread for sure!
                      I got a response from email query as well. They still maintain that I am eligible for dropbox IWP. My company lawyers have said that I need to schedule an interview.

Comment

Originally posted by ankit2017 View Post
                        I got a response from email query as well. They still maintain that I am eligible for dropbox IWP. My company lawyers have said that I need to schedule an interview.
                        I also got the email confirmation that I am eligible for the interview waiver program. I am travelling on 18th Feb. Since you are going on 11th, please let us know the scenario.

Comment

I also got the email confirmation that I am eligible for the interview waiver program. I am travelling on 18th Feb. Since you are going on 11th, please let us know the scenario.
                          I am traveling to India on 5th feb and eligible for drop box facility.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                            I am traveling to India on 5th feb and eligible for drop box facility.
                            It would be nice if you update us about the situation.

Comment

Suspension of Visa interview waiver program

Hello all

I checked again today after reading this thread and it still says I qualify. But this thread at BAL, says otherwise, if I am interpreting this right.

BAL’s News team delivers hundreds of daily news alerts, keeping you informed of immigration law changes, processes and trends around the world.

Let's please keep each other updated. I am scheduled to leave on the 10th of Feb and go for Dropbox in Delhi on the 13th. I have valid stamping till March 31st (I am returning on 28th February) but my employer changed and I was hoping to get new stamping this time because in a month I will have an "expired visa" (I-797 is valid for another year with the new employer).

Please advice on my case.

Thanks and Regards

PM

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X