Suspension of Visa interview waiver program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as of Jan 31

I called ustraveldocs customer care number..and they said dropbox is STILL VALID and they are accepting passports for dropbox....So i dont think the executive order has any effect on it atleast in India.

Additionally the information(Notice) printed on http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/index.html?firstTime=No clearly shows the other things like 7 countries ban etc, but says nothing about the suspension of dropbox program. So all is good as of now.

I myself am travelling tomorrow and would be going for dropbox on Monday (Feb 6), so will update if I find anything new. Till then if anyone has any questions, just call ustraveldocs customer care and ask them, thats the information you need rather than 100 different lawyers telling different things and creating a confusion.

Comment

Dropbox for H1B

Not to create any further confusion, but my attorney just responded with this;

"We understand the frustration that this EO has caused. We would suggest calling the consulate directly to see if they can schedule an appointment, as the dropbox program has been suspended.

At this point in time, if you are unable to attend an in-person interview, your Dropbox interview is denied, and you have a current H-1B visa stamp, you should be able to travel with that, your most recent I-797 approval notice, two most recent paycheck pay stubs and an employment verification letter

However, as we do not know what will happen in the coming months, we would strongly suggest attending an in person interview to avoid any delays or confusion."

Sharing for information. Need no better than anyone else, at this point.

Comment

I got similar response from my attorny as @pm87. He highly recommend to schedule and interview.
        Ustravel docs are saying dropbox is STILL VALID option and preferred option if you are qualified for it. However, dropbox doesn't guarantee your visa so it may still get rejected on basis of "in-person interview required" or stay on hold for long period of time. That just going to cause delay which I can't afford. I got the dates for tomorrow and I am going for interview which is a regular process as we all know.
        Basically you CAN submit documents through dropbox but it's unclear when and if it'll be suspended and if that happens what happens to current dropbox application. Keep an eye on following home page for notification. And calendar seem to be wide open for interview (at least mumbai) so don't worry you should get sooner dates.

Comment

Originally posted by nirav44 View Post
          I got similar response from my attorny as @pm87. He highly recommend to schedule and interview.
          Ustravel docs are saying dropbox is STILL VALID option and preferred option if you are qualified for it. However, dropbox doesn't guarantee your visa so it may still get rejected on basis of "in-person interview required" or stay on hold for long period of time. That just going to cause delay which I can't afford. I got the dates for tomorrow and I am going for interview which is a regular process as we all know.
          Basically you CAN submit documents through dropbox but it's unclear when and if it'll be suspended and if that happens what happens to current dropbox application. Keep an eye on following home page for notification. And calendar seem to be wide open for interview (at least mumbai) so don't worry you should get sooner dates.
          How did you schedule an appointment, as the ustraveldoc website is not allowing to schedule a date (unless a wrong answer to those questions for eligibility check is given)?

Comment

Dropbox for H1B

Originally posted by abhijit6783 View Post
            How did you schedule an appointment, as the ustraveldoc website is not allowing to schedule a date (unless a wrong answer to those questions for eligibility check is given)?
            Exactly my question @nirav44, how to schedule an interview unless you deliberately disqualify yourself from dropbox? Wouldn't that be more problematic as it's giving out misinformation?

Comment

Suspension of Visa interview waiver program

I sat through a webinar by Envoy Global group (immigration lawyers) about the EO. The most important things for countries outside of the 7 were:
              1) EO doesn't affect you, but expect delays and extra searches
              2) Keep your phone and social media clean because if you are stopped they will take phone away and might check social media
              3) Dropbox is valid in certain cases (Ages <14 and >79; if you were on a similar visa before). See attachment
              4) Share your travel plans with friends/employers etc and text them as soon as you land before u go thru CBP. Because again, if ur detained/stopped, your phone ll be taken away and they can contact attorneys on ur behalf

Frankly, I felt a lot more confident of going ahead after the webinar. Still expect delays in travel, generally.

Hope it helps
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by pm87 View Post
                Exactly my question @nirav44, how to schedule an interview unless you deliberately disqualify yourself from dropbox? Wouldn't that be more problematic as it's giving out misinformation?

I just selected NO in first question. I think it was "Are you applying for same category of VISA as before?" . My lawyer recommended me to do that to get deliberately disqualify for Dropbox . I scheduled an appointment and went for it and got approved. They asked me my salary and whether I work in house or remote and for short job description.

I am traveling here for short period so for me it was important not to get my approval process stuck in limbo. They are accepting dropbox however as of 02-03-2017. But they don't seem to care what method you choose.
                Last edited by nirav44; 02-03-2017, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nirav44 View Post
                  I just selected NO in first question. I think it was "Are you applying for same category of VISA as before?" . My lawyer recommended me to do that to get deliberately disqualify for Dropbox . I scheduled an appointment and went for it and got approved. They asked me my salary and whether I work in house or remote and for short job description.

I am traveling here for short period so for me it was important not to get my approval process stuck in limbo. They are accepting dropbox however as of 02-03-2017. But they don't seem to care what method you choose.
                  Congratulations nirav44 !

Comment

Originally posted by pednekarashwin View Post
                    I called ustraveldocs customer care number..and they said dropbox is STILL VALID and they are accepting passports for dropbox....So i dont think the executive order has any effect on it atleast in India.

Additionally the information(Notice) printed on http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/index.html?firstTime=No clearly shows the other things like 7 countries ban etc, but says nothing about the suspension of dropbox program. So all is good as of now.

I myself am travelling tomorrow and would be going for dropbox on Monday (Feb 6), so will update if I find anything new. Till then if anyone has any questions, just call ustraveldocs customer care and ask them, thats the information you need rather than 100 different lawyers telling different things and creating a confusion.

Hey Ashwin, Were you able to successfully get your Visa stamped via dropbox?

Comment

Originally posted by jkaria View Post
                      Hey Ashwin, Were you able to successfully get your Visa stamped via dropbox?
                      Hey..I dropboxed my passport on Monday. It's jus been 3 days. I expect to get a pick up mail today or tomorrow. Will update once I get it. Dropbox is running normally here.. no problems as such.

Comment

Hey..I dropboxed my passport on Monday. It's jus been 3 days. I expect to get a pick up mail today or tomorrow. Will update once I get it. Dropbox is running normally here.. no problems as such.
                        Jus received a message saying my passport is ready for pickup...so I guess it went all fine...good luck everyone..!!

Comment

Jus received a message saying my passport is ready for pickup...so I guess it went all fine...good luck everyone..!!
                          Thank you for the update Ashwin and congrats!

Comment

Submitted documents, waiting

So, dropbox still works... But maybe it's slow?

H1B and H4 extension, applied via Dropbox in Mumbai
                            13 Feb - Submitted passports
                            14th Feb - Case created (CEAC)
                            17th Feb - READY, last updated on 17th Feb(CEAC)
                            22nd Feb - READY, last updated on 22nd Feb (CEAC)

I was planning to fly out on Saturday Feb 25. I guess I will need to reschedule my tickets...

Comment

Got 221g after drop box

I submitted my documents via Dropbox at Kolkata application centre on 21st February. I got call from the consulate on 23rd that I needed to appear for interview. Today I appeared in the interview and I got a 221g. So I think the visa renewal at this moment depends on applicant to applicant.

Comment

Change of status

Is visa interview waiver program is eligible for changing status from J1 to F1? Or have to go in person for interview?

Please anyone have any idea on this?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X