No announcement yet.

I94 Extension due to Passport Expiry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just created account here to update my experience with i94 update after renewing passport.

I was in the same boat where my passport was expiring in month of December this year, so upon entry I was given date on i94 till december whereas my visa was not expiring till 2022.

I got my passport renewed recently and today went to the CBP office (located in terminal e in arrivals level) in Logan airport, told the officer the date on i94 does not match with date on i797 and handed both passports and they made the change on the passport and I was out in 10 minutes. No questions were asked.

Comment

Originally posted by yashvsehgal View Post
      Just created account here to update my experience with i94 update after renewing passport.

I was in the same boat where my passport was expiring in month of December this year, so upon entry I was given date on i94 till december whereas my visa was not expiring till 2022.

I got my passport renewed recently and today went to the CBP office (located in terminal e in arrivals level) in Logan airport, told the officer the date on i94 does not match with date on i797 and handed both passports and they made the change on the passport and I was out in 10 minutes. No questions were asked.
      Make sure you carry the i797 to show them the visa end date.

Comment

Hi..

Did they see that it's a passport renewal scenario and updated I 94? Logan airport is some way away for me.. but if it's worth, I can drive. It's for my minor child (4 years old).

TIA

Comment

Yes, I few to Canada last year without issues.....You may issues if you travel by car as then its on discretion of officer but I-94 fess is already included in air travel

Comment

One of my friend is in same situation, his Visa is valid till April 2020, but I94 was given till passport expiry date and its till August, What can he do now, he must travel out of US to get new I94 or can meet the discretion officer and update the I94 till visa date using new passport.

Please assist

Comment

I too created account just to update my experience. Thanks for this info. It worked. I was able to get the change made on passport at Logan airport today.

Comment

Anyone able to do at New York/ New Jersey airports? I need to extend I94 for my minor daughter. Please guide.

Comment

Hi, Do anyone able to renew I94 in Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport after passport renewal? What all the option do i have staying Atlanta Georgia.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X