Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issues re-entering the country on a TN visa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues re-entering the country on a TN visa?

Hi. I am a CDN citizen with a TN visa, working in the US. I am planning on going to Canada for a short trip, with all the visa restrictions and crackdowns happening right now, has anyone had any issues re-entering the US on their TN visa?

Just wondering if I should cancel my trip to Canada.

Thanks!

Wondering

Hi, I was wondering if you decided to go to Canada and how did it go on your way back across the border. Asking bc my boyfriend is on a TN and wa denied entrance on Feb 23, now he has to apply to come back with a differennt visa, we're still talking to different lawyers to get more opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by bron View Post
      Hi. I am a CDN citizen with a TN visa, working in the US. I am planning on going to Canada for a short trip, with all the visa restrictions and crackdowns happening right now, has anyone had any issues re-entering the US on their TN visa?

Just wondering if I should cancel my trip to Canada.

Thanks!
      If you are a Canadian, I don't think there is any issue. I am also a CDN with TN visa, crossing CDN-US border everyday.

Comment

You should be fine. Bring with you a letter from your employer stating that you still work there and are required to come back to work on X date. I was asked for a letter once because the idiot had never heard of a TN before. So I always take one now just to avoid the "interrogation". It may be good to keep a copy of any bank statements or anything like that that you have in Canada to show you still have ties there, just in case. If you are really worried, enter the US to a big city like Boston where they get many TNs. I live in Miami so coming here, maybe 1/10 CBP knew what a TN was so that added to my extra questioning sometimes. They ask for my visa. Lol

Comment

TN in Boston

[QUOTE=Bluerose1;525878]You should be fine. Bring with you a letter from your employer stating that you still work there and are required to come back to work on X date. I was asked for a letter once because the idiot had never heard of a TN before. So I always take one now just to avoid the "interrogation". It may be good to keep a copy of any bank statements or anything like that that you have in Canada to show you still have ties there, just in case. If you are really worried, enter the US to a big city like Boston where they get many TNs. I live in Miami so coming here, maybe 1/10 CBP knew what a TN was so that added to my extra questioning sometimes. They ask for my visa. Lol

Hey I'm currently working in the US on OPT and will be switching to a TN visa. I have vacation to Spain end of June and plan to reenter the US on TN, however, my lawyer told me since Boston officers may not be experienced with TN visas and that the preclearance in Canada knows it the best. It seems like you believe Boston gets a lot of TNs, how do you know and where can I find more info on that?

Thank you!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X