Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is P2 VISA the best for me?

Hi all!

I'm a British musician looking to perform on a temporary tour of the USA with a group of musicians from the USA (all US citizens accept me). I'm trying to figure out which is the best visa to pursue given that situation.

An O1 VISA would probably be ideal but unfortunately I don't think I'm well known enough to pass credentials for that VISA (as yet).

P2 appears most appropriate because the tour will be organised by one of the Musicians in the US and myself and we plan to both do a reciprocal tour in the UK after the US tour.
    Where P2 seems a bit problematic is it mentions that both members doing the reciprocal program have to be part of a 'Government recognised organisation' in each individual country. We're both independent musicians so we're currently not part of a government organisation per se.
    The P-2 classification applies to you if you are coming temporarily to perform as an artist or entertainer, individually or as part of a group, who will perform under a reciprocal exchange program

So with all that being the case, would it be best to pursue the P2 but perhaps look at trying to form a 'government organisation' of sorts? Or would it be best to pursue a different kind of VISA entirely?

Or is there somewhere someone can recommend I check for advice on this issue like VISAPRO.com or something?

Would really appreciate any help people can give me on this issue.

Thank you in advance.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X