Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USPS Unable to Locate EAD. New EAD from USCIS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USPS Unable to Locate EAD. New EAD from USCIS?

Description of Problem:

My EAD (F-1 OPT) was mailed to me by USCIS on February 9. Not having received it till February 15, I contacted USCIS and obtained its USPS tracking number. Upon tracking it I found the status displayed as "No Access" on Feb.14. Basically, the tracking page stated that the card was out for delivery on Feb. 14 from my local post office but that there was "no access", so they would try delivering the next business day. This status was highly inappropriate, as I live in a two-storeyed house with three tenants in total. All three mailboxes are by the entrance gate, which is knee-high and always open.

As I had not received the EAD on Feb. 15, I went to the post office on Feb. 16 and asked them to locate my mail. They were unable to find it on their shelves and asked me to visit again the next day, after saying it was probably a system generated status that was being erroneously displayed (literally, the person at the desk had said, " Yeah, I know it sucks, but it happens sometimes. Give it a day and come tomorrow"). Later in the day I called USPS customer service and explained the situation, after which they placed a request for me to pick up the mail the next day. So I went back to the post office on Feb. 17. They were once again unable to locate it and a different person at the desk told me that she would ask the office supervisor to contact the carrier who was supposedly out for delivery on Feb. 14. She took down my number and assured me they would contact me with updates. After this I contacted USCIS, provided the tier 1 agent with my tracking number and asked for guidance. He said it looked like a postal delay and that I should receive it in some time.

Expectedly, I was not contacted by the post office on Feb. 17. So I went back for the third time on Feb. 18. The person from the previous day was at the desk, and she said her supervisor was off the previous day but would be arriving in a couple of hours. She again assured me she would call me back as soon as she'd spoken with the supervisor. After reaching home I called in USPS customer service again and documented a case as per their suggestion. I waited till about 30 minutes of post office closing, and went back again to enquire why I wasn't called. There, the person from the morning (and the previous day) was one of two at the desk. While I was waiting in line she vanished. On came another person, and I repeated my ordeals to her. She said, "Oh yeah, they haven't located your mail." I waited for her to say something more but there was nothing more. So I said I wanted to speak to the supervisor. Another person came in on request, and I asked her whether she was the supervisor. She said she was "one of the supervisors". She asked me to fill up a yellow-colored form, said she would get in touch with the carrier and call me later in the day. At this point I said I'd been coming up and down to the post office for the past three days without their having contacted the carrier once. She said she didn't know whom I'd spoken to previously, but that she would look into the matter and call me back.

Today is the 19th.There was no call from the post offcie yesterday.

Intended Next Steps:

I plan to go one final time to the post office on Feb. 21 if my mail doesn't turn up, and ask for a letter or email outlining the steps they've taken to track my mail and the steps they will take going forward. Also, I will ask them to update the status of the mail to "Lost/Unascertainable". Do you think USPS do agree to take these steps?

I then intend to call USCIS and plead to them to send me a new EAD. Would USCIS agree to do this in a timely fashion? Please let me know if you were once in a similar situation, wherein you requested USCIS for a new EAD. Also let me know how much time it took for the new card to reach you.

Finally, please feel free to pitch in with any suggestions you might have. Your two cents on this matter would be priceless to me.

Didn't receive a notice that my work was sent

My lawyer called today saying she has my work permit and I can get it when I pay a down payment to my remaining balance. My issue is I check my status online and it still says my case to ready to be scheduled for an interview and they will notify me for the date. How she got my work permit without uscis notifying me that they approved my ead and that is was mailed ?

Comment

same problem

The same thing is happening to me!! Could you please tell me what happened to your case?

Comment

Originally posted by rmkw View Post
        The same thing is happening to me!! Could you please tell me what happened to your case?
        Did you finally get your EAD? Your case is similar to mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Plz View Post
          Did you finally get your EAD? Your case is similar to mine.
          No!! USPS can't find my card. I don't want to reapply for a new card! I don't know what to do anymore. I've been there 4 times already.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X