Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm a business owner, can I employ my British Citizen brother and bring him over?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a business owner, can I employ my British Citizen brother and bring him over?

Hi there,

So I'm a Legal Permanent Resident, Green Card holder - been here in the States since April last year via K1 Visa and adjustment of status. A couple months ago, my buddy and I started a business doing web design, web development, marketing, social media, etc etc etc. My brother, back home in England, is an unfathomably fantastic salesman, and has spent the last 5 years selling web software that I built for the company we both worked at - so I need him doing it again, but for our own business instead of someone elses.

My main question is - as a 50/50 owner, Founder and CTO with my buddy who is Founder and CEO - and both in agreement that we want to bring my brother in as a higher up vp of business development - can we legally do so, on some sort of H visa - even though I am a legal permanent resident and not a citizen yet? Are there any other variables that could come up in it? We essentially want to set him off to work - I can support him whilst he's here until he's earning from our company, we have a place for him to live - he wouldn't need any help from the state or anything to that nature.

I guess we do need to see an immigration lawyer, but during my immigration, I referred to a lot of information on this website last year, and figured i'd tap in to you guys' knowledge first!

Thanks!

Rob

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X