Urgent help: Can i re-enter us on existing l1b if extension is denied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent help: Can i re-enter us on existing l1b if extension is denied

I have active L1-B(Blanket) valid till 01-Jul-2017( i94- 30-Apr-2017)*. My company (with same petitioner) applied**for my extension at Chennai and it got denied in VISA interview on 15-Mar-2017. The consulate officer didn't mention anything around cancellation of my existing visa.

My question is - Can i re-enter US with my existing stamped VISA? IF not, what other avenues do i have to re-enter as i would need to wrap up my complete*house setup in US.

I would really appreciate any help / direction anyone can provide in this case?

Kindly help with your advise in this difficult situation. I will be very thankful.

Originally posted by dbus View Post
    I have active L1-B(Blanket) valid till 01-Jul-2017( i94- 30-Apr-2017)*. My company (with same petitioner) applied**for my extension at Chennai and it got denied in VISA interview on 15-Mar-2017. The consulate officer didn't mention anything around cancellation of my existing visa.

My question is - Can i re-enter US with my existing stamped VISA? IF not, what other avenues do i have to re-enter as i would need to wrap up my complete*house setup in US.

I would really appreciate any help / direction anyone can provide in this case?
    Kindly help with your advise in this difficult situation. I will be very thankful.

Comment

Originally posted by dbus View Post
      Hi dbus -

were you able to return to the US on the existing visa? I am in the same situation and your inputs will be very helpful.

Comment

Hi dbus -

were you able to return back on your existing visa? I am in the same situation and your input will be highly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by ankurmk86 View Post
          Hi dbus -

were you able to return back on your existing visa? I am in the same situation and your input will be highly appreciated.
          Yes, you can return as long as you have rest all things still valid (i.e. visa, I797/I129S, job with same employer). You may be offered an I94 until expiry of your 797 or visa, which ever is earlier.

You can also apply for B1 visa to wrap-up your stuff.

L1 Blanket denial means, they want you to re-apply for individual petition with all documentary evidence to prove your candidature.
          - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

DS-160 form queries

for below DS-160 question,what needs to selected.

Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry

In case my case , H1B Petition was rejected after REF. Do i need choose "Yes" or "No"..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X