US citizen in Limbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US citizen in Limbo

I'm 46 years old. I'm having a hard time keeping a job because I can't prove my American citizenship. What's crazy is that, being unable to hold down a job, I've been forced to break the law for the past twenty plus years just to survive. Reason being. My social security card, passport, certificate of citizenship, and birth record was thrown in the garbage by a friend's step mother back in 1995. Since then, I've been completely without ID to officially prove who I am. I was born in South Korea in a Korean hospital that no longer exists by a Korean mother and an American Father who was an American GI stationed on a US military base in Korea. At about five years old, I had gotten my certificate of citizenship in Hawaii. I've been clean and sober for the past five years. Have been working my my butt under the table. For once, I've been doing good in my life, but can't get a real job because I can't prove my citizenship. What I find funny is that the prison system seems to know my citizenship because not once have they ever threatened deportation. I'm at a loss. I don't know where to start to fix this. The social security officer is pointing to other government departments without being specific and they have the natural ability to make me feel unimportant... Second class. There's some n-565 that I'm supposed to fill out but the fee is 500 dollars. Money I don't have. Everything is catch 22. I just wanna work and support my family just like everybody else. Can someone please help me?

Submit your form with a fee waiver, Form I-912
    See https://www.uscis.gov/feewaiver

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X