Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to F1 Conversion in India

Hello All,

My wife is pursuing her Masters using H4 and is currently in her 2nd Quarter. We want to do COS from H4 to F1 for Next Semester. I have 2 options right now.

1. Get I20 and do a COS here in US (Probably have to wait 3-4 Months)
    2. Get I20, Travel to India and attend Visa Interview for F1. This way, it is quick.

Most people do the 1st way. Can you guys let me know if there are any issues with the 2nd way. I couldn't find details/people's experience with the second way.

Thanks for your Help!!!

I would not recommend going to India for doing this. I have known some denials in Hyderabad. Questions such as you can study on H4, why do you want to study on F1? Denied...
    In these days it is safer to apply for change of status within the US. No risk of denial.

Comment

Originally posted by spratt555 View Post
      Hello All,

My wife is pursuing her Masters using H4 and is currently in her 2nd Quarter. We want to do COS from H4 to F1 for Next Semester. I have 2 options right now.

1. Get I20 and do a COS here in US (Probably have to wait 3-4 Months)
      2. Get I20, Travel to India and attend Visa Interview for F1. This way, it is quick.

Most people do the 1st way. Can you guys let me know if there are any issues with the 2nd way. I couldn't find details/people's experience with the second way.

Thanks for your Help!!!
      Hello User,

Good Afternoon. Could you please let me know what process you guys followed? I am in the same situation but in our case, my wife has not started MS yet. She is on her H4 but thinking to go to India. We are contemplating if she has to go to F1 visa while she is in India or do change of status after coming back to US. She would be joining for Spring 2018 course. Kindly let me know more details about your case. Thanks. Appreciate your help in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by maheshyv2607 View Post
        Hello User,

Good Afternoon. Could you please let me know what process you guys followed? I am in the same situation but in our case, my wife has not started MS yet. She is on her H4 but thinking to go to India. We are contemplating if she has to go to F1 visa while she is in India or do change of status after coming back to US. She would be joining for Spring 2018 course. Kindly let me know more details about your case. Thanks. Appreciate your help in advance.

Hai, My wife is going to start Masters from this summer. She got an admission in the university, now she is travelling to india before joining the university. Is it safe to send her for F1 visa stamping before she return to USA, now she is on H4 visa.
        Please suggest me..

Comment

H4 to F1

Hai, My wife is going to start Masters from this summer. She got an admission in the university, now she is travelling to india before joining the university. Is it safe to send her for F1 visa stamping before she return to USA, now she is on H4 visa.
          Please suggest me..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X