Travel to INDIA with Old OCI Card and Renewed Citizens Passport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urgent help needed!!

Very encouraged by your post! Who did you send this email too? I am currently in a similar situation and urgently need to travel to India. I would feel peace of mind if I had proof of such an email along with the OCI and old passport.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
      I believe this is one of the clear cut answer on this topic of minor travel with new passport and no U-Visa in old one for OCI

Can you please provide an update on your travel and email id you used to communicate to CGI?
      I am in a similar but slightly different situation. The OCI card was first issued when the person was 18 years. 3 Later after when the person was over 21 years, the US Passport was renewed. The question is, is it required to get OCI card re-issued in this case.

I could not find a clear cut answer for this in the official India government immigration website. So I called CKGS this morning and explained my situation. They said in this case OCI will need to be renewed. I told them travel is coming up in less than 4 weeks and asked what are the alternative options we have. They said teh person could apply for an eVisa. I asked them if it is allowed to apply for an eVisa even though an OCI card was issued to this person previously. They said yes, we can apply for an eVisa.

I like to hear from anyone else who was in a similar situation, and what they did?
      Last edited by Seshan; 12-31-2018, 03:40 PM. Reason: Typos

Comment

OCI renewal requirement when US passport is renewed at 21 years of age.

I am in a similar but slightly different situation. The OCI card was first issued when the person was 18 years. 3 Later after when the person was over 21 years, the US Passport was renewed. The question is, is it required to get OCI card re-issued in this case?

I could not find a clear cut answer for this in the official India government immigration website. So I called CKGS this morning and explained my situation. They said in this case OCI will need to be renewed. I told them travel is coming up in less than 4 weeks and asked what are the alternative options we have. They said the person could apply for an eVisa. I asked them if it is allowed to apply for an eVisa even though an OCI card was issued to this person previously. They said yes, we can apply for an eVisa.

I like to hear from anyone else who was in a similar situation, and what they did. Has anyone in a similar situation been able to enter India using the originally issued OCI card that was issued when they were under 21?

Comment

Originally posted by skynice View Post
          Old passport and new passport with OCI

There are other replies on this forum, where folks have travelled with old passport, on which the OCI was issued on, and new passport without any issue.
          Some of them have mentioned that they don't even ask for the old passport as long as you have OCI
          I came to India on July 14th 2019. I have been on extended stay and just found out about requirement to renew OCI (my passport was renewed in 2019 only). I understand that this is a new requirement; I did not bring my old US Passport. My question is, will I have any problem while returning to US in April 2020 with my old OCI?
          hoping to hear from persons with similar experience. Any help will be appreciated.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X