Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Immigraiton of new born baby

Hi all,

Need some advise here. am on H1 and spouse is on H4. am expecting a kid. since there is no one to help here, am planning to send back my spouse to India for delivery and come back after delivery.
    i have already applied for I485 for me and spouse and waiting for PD to be current. Also, have a elder kid who is a american citizen.

my questions are...

1. For the new born baby in India, what should i do to bring the kid to US?
    2. Will it be a problem in future if one kid is a US citizen and another kid is Indian citizen. am not expecting greencard anytime soon.
    3. From greencard application point of view, what should i do?

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by Needhelp_18 View Post
    Hi all,

Need some advise here. am on H1 and spouse is on H4. am expecting a kid. since there is no one to help here, am planning to send back my spouse to India for delivery and come back after delivery.
    i have already applied for I485 for me and spouse and waiting for PD to be current. Also, have a elder kid who is a american citizen.

my questions are...

1. For the new born baby in India, what should i do to bring the kid to US?
    If your I-485 hasn't been approved then yet, and you still have H1 status, you would get H4 visa for the kid. If your I-485 has already been approved, then it's more complicated.

2. Will it be a problem in future if one kid is a US citizen and another kid is Indian citizen. am not expecting greencard anytime soon.
    nope

3. From greencard application point of view, what should i do?
    Once the child enters the US on H4 visa, file I-485 for him/her.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X