Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am on F1 opt. Got dwi in feb2017 and need to apply for opt extension

Hi as my name reads i am screwed!😢
    I am on student visa and graduated from university and got a job on OPT EAD, couple of months back to be precise on feb-11-2017 i got a dwi in the missouri state with 0.12 BAC. My opt will be expired in june 2017 and i need to file opt extension soon. I am worried what will happen now. Will my opt will get accepted or will get rejected. So far I learned from all the blogs that for dui/dwi visa will be automatically revoked. But i have not got any notification from my visa issuing consulate about my visa being revoked visa issuing consulate was Hyderabad! Some people say that Hyderabad consulate wont notify but instead will revoke your visa and you will only get to know when you try to renew or extend visa status! Again I don't know if this is gonna do any better to my case but on the case report i got from the police department reads me a citizen of united states of America. But i am not a citizen as I mentioned i am on student visa. Can i hope that this will not make it to DoS or any other immigration agencies since it says i am citizen on my case report? Please help and thanks in advance.

Originally posted by Iamscrewed View Post
    I am on student visa and graduated from university and got a job on OPT EAD, couple of months back to be precise on feb-11-2017 i got a dwi in the missouri state with 0.12 BAC. My opt will be expired in june 2017 and i need to file opt extension soon. I am worried what will happen now. Will my opt will get accepted or will get rejected. So far I learned from all the blogs that for dui/dwi visa will be automatically revoked. But i have not got any notification from my visa issuing consulate about my visa being revoked visa issuing consulate was Hyderabad! Some people say that Hyderabad consulate wont notify but instead will revoke your visa and you will only get to know when you try to renew or extend visa status! Again I don't know if this is gonna do any better to my case but on the case report i got from the police department reads me a citizen of united states of America. But i am not a citizen as I mentioned i am on student visa. Can i hope that this will not make it to DoS or any other immigration agencies since it says i am citizen on my case report? Please help and thanks in advance.
    Your visa will be approved for extension. The problem lies when you try to travel outside the country.

Comment

HELLO,
      I am sorry that happened to you. Can you please let us know what happened to your case? Did you get your OPT renewed?

Comment

why are you sorry? he didn't accidentally get a DUI
        Anything I post is personal opinion or information from personal experience. This is not legal advice.

Mailed Application N400 - 11/14/2017
        Interview N400 - 6/07/2018
        Oath - 8/30/2018

Comment

So what happened?

Originally posted by Iamscrewed View Post
          Hey, I'm going through about the same thing. What ended up happening for you? I would really appreciate it if you could tell me.

Comment

What Happened?

What happened?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X