F2-f1 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justasking2017 View Post
    I think you don't need to file extension, I think the extension is only applicable for B2 status applying COS to F1.
    What I mean follow up is online inquiry. I did not contact Ombudsman, just following up online status query in USCIS tools.

I just received actually result today, my application is approved. Mine was processed by California Center. I hope and pray you get your result and be approved.

Thank you.
    Congratulations I’m very happy for you. California’s processing time is shorter than vermont’s. Whould you please tell me when did you submitted your case?

Comment

Application in June 2017

Hi everybody!
      I was wondering if anyone who has applied for F2 to F1 status change in June 2017? I submitted my case on June 19 2017, and I have not received any update yet, It has been more than six months already without any progress.
      If anyone contacted USCIS, could you please keep us posted here? I asked for expedite twice, but got rejected.
      Thank you all!

Comment

Originally posted by Mastoor View Post
        Congratulations I’m very happy for you. California’s processing time is shorter than vermont’s. Whould you please tell me when did you submitted your case?

Thank you!

Yes, based on the website, Vermont is behind compared with California.
        I filed June 2 for my application.

Comment

Originally posted by justasking2017 View Post
          Thank you!

Yes, based on the website, Vermont is behind compared with California.
          I filed June 2 for my application.
          Thank you so much. Good luck

Comment

Any Update?

Hi
            It seems that everyone is all set! coz nobody is mentioning anything here. I had to defer to Fall 2018, I submitted my COS on June 22 2017, and still no update.
            anybody?

Comment

Hi,

I was in the same situation in 2015, I applied in May/June. I started school bcoz didn't want to defer and also continued maintaining my other visa status, until the COS was approved in November. Just ask the school to give you a letter stating your situation and that you need it approved before Fall 2018 to start the program. Send the letter and all other documents that you submitted in the email (atleast once a month) until it is approved. It takes a very long time otherwise.

Good luck.

Originally posted by Aab249 View Post
              Hi
              It seems that everyone is all set! coz nobody is mentioning anything here. I had to defer to Fall 2018, I submitted my COS on June 22 2017, and still no update.
              anybody?

Comment

Originally posted by akash.patel4u View Post
                Hi,

I was in the same situation in 2015, I applied in May/June. I started school bcoz didn't want to defer and also continued maintaining my other visa status, until the COS was approved in November. Just ask the school to give you a letter stating your situation and that you need it approved before Fall 2018 to start the program. Send the letter and all other documents that you submitted in the email (atleast once a month) until it is approved. It takes a very long time otherwise.

Good luck.
                Thank you! I took any measure that I could think of, even my state senator stepped in and asked the USCIS to expedite my case but no outcome! I hope I can make it by Fall 2018, I already missed 2 semesters, but my school has held my admission and scholarship both fortunately.

Comment

Can you travel to your country to get a visa? That would make it easier and faster.

Thank you! I took any measure that I could think of, even my state senator stepped in and asked the USCIS to expedite my case but no outcome! I hope I can make it by Fall 2018, I already missed 2 semesters, but my school has held my admission and scholarship both fortunately.

Comment

Hi,
                    My situation is the same!! I have applied on May 18th for Fall2017 and just differed to Fall 2018!!! I am completely desperate and have no idea about what?s going on!!

Comment

help

Hi everybody!
                      I was wondering if anyone who has applied for F2 to F1 status change in June 2017? I submitted my case on June 19 2017, and I have not received any update yet, It has been more than six months already without any progress.
                      If anyone contacted USCIS, could you please keep us posted here? I asked for expedite twice, but got rejected.
                      Thank you all!
                      Hi i have applied to change of status in july 2017 , i just received the receipt of the case, my service center is vermont. Waiting for the visa , What else i need to do ?

Comment

Can you travel to your country to get a visa? That would make it easier and faster.
                        Unfortunately I am not able to travel outside of US and apply there. There are some complications because of the travel ban. Thank you though.

Comment

Hi,

Good luck.
                          Hi

Please did you get a letter from your school too?If yes, how soon after you applied for COS. I want to be sure so I can request for a letter from my school too. I applied for COS from F2 to F1 on March 15, 2018 and my receipt date is March 16,2018. Appreciate and looking forward to your response please.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastoor View Post
                            Hi,
                            My situation is the same!! I have applied on May 18th for Fall2017 and just differed to Fall 2018!!! I am completely desperate and have no idea about what?s going on!!
                            Have you received any feedback?
                            USCIS processing time says that if your receipt date is before May 3, 2017, you can ask for out of normal time inquiry.
                            Mine is June 20, 2017, and have not received anything yet. so sad...

Comment

Update

Hello,

Can you please share the email ID where you sent your documents?

Thanks

Hi,

Good luck.

Comment

Any update guys?
                                still nothing from USCIS for me, almost a year...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X