Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How early should I reenter Germany before my language course visa expires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How early should I reenter Germany before my language course visa expires?

Hi all,

Currently I'm on the language course visa in Germany and in a few days I would finish my courses + taken the exams (5 months before my visa expires -- this visa expires beginning of October). So I thought I would fly back home while waiting to hear back from the German universities that I've applied to. After (hopefully) receiving an acceptance letter, I plan to fly back to Germany to change my language visa to a student visa (I've checked with the Ausländerbehörde and I'm allowed to do this).

It's much easier to do this in Germany (in my home country, it would very likely take up to 3 months - and hearing back from the universities could be around in August or September - definitely not enough time to apply for a student visa in my home country)

So now I'm wondering how early should I fly back before my visa expires? Should I fly back one month before the visa expires? Two months? Is there an 'appropriate' time frame to do this? Also, upon reentering, will I likely be questioned what I'm doing back in Germany, when I've already finished my course? Do I need to book more language courses and show them this? Or should I not worry about this?

Any inputs would be much appreciated! Thanks.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X