No announcement yet.

April 2017 Submission - I-130, I-485, I-765 concurrent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you all. I know the wait is torture but always think positive. I'm praying that you all receive good news very soon!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by kayleigh View Post
      Hi guys,

I just want to share with you our good news! Our interview was August 9th, Wednesday at Downtown LA. The Filipina lady officer was very nice. We were so blessed that she was the one who interviewed us. She approved us on the spot. Thank you for all your support! With that, I want to share with you the questions so you can prepare for your upcoming interview:

Before the questions she asked for my driver’s license, EAD, passport, birth cert and my husband’s (USC) passport.

Here are the questions:

Personal info that you submitted on your I-485 forms like:
      Name
      Bday
      First name of Mother
      First name of Father
      Do you have siblings?

I-485 questions like: have you ever been convicted, have you been involved in prostitution, etc.

When was the very first time you entered the US?
      When was the last time you entered the US?
      Have you left the US since?
      When and how did you meet?
      When did you get married?
      Do you have family here?
      Where are your parents?
      Did your parents approve?
      What did they say?
      Have you ever been married? (This is my 2nd marriage)
      Where is your husband now?
      How is he?
      When did you start dating?
      Do you have photos?
      *showed photos*
      Can you identify who is this in the photo?
      Where did you study in the Philippines?
      How long have you been married to your ex husband?
      When was the first time you attended school here?
      What's the name of your school?
      When did you acquire your citizenship?
      Are you working?
      What do you work as?
      Do you have social?
      Can you show it to me?
      Do you have kids?

The officer also asked if we brought supporting documents/evidences with joint accounts. So I handed her our:

Lease Agreement showing both our names
      Joint Savings Account
      Car Insurance
      Renter’s Insurance
      Life Insurance
      Phone Bill showing both our names

She asked about our medical insurance and my husband said I did’nt make the cutoff so he will just add me next year. I think the most crucial you have to bring are: Lease Agreement, Joint Bank Statement, Medical Insurance, Car Insurance and photos.

My PD is April 20, 2017.

Good luck guys! Praying for you all!!! You will also receive good news soon!
      Congrats, Kabayan! So happy for you! Heard LA office is moving fast. Hope they are too here in SF. :/

Comment

• Originally posted by kayern View Post
        Congrats, Kabayan! So happy for you! Heard LA office is moving fast. Hope they are too here in SF. :/
        Thank you. =) When's your Priority Date? I hope it moves fast for you too! Let's just keep praying.

Comment

• Originally posted by kayleigh View Post
          Thank you. =) When's your Priority Date? I hope it moves fast for you too! Let's just keep praying.
          My PD is May 5. My cases' status in my tracking app are all the same as Day 1. "Fingerprint Fee Received" & "Case is received". I'm so bored and I really wanna help my husband with our bills na lol.

Comment

• My timeline so far

04/17/2017 Mailed package via FEDEX
            04/18/2017 Delivered
            04/26/2017 Received text and email, letters arrived in mail in couple days.
            04/28/2017 Check cashed
            05/05/2017 Fingerprint schedule to 05/15
            05/08/2017 - They sent a " request for initial evidence for your Form I-485"
            05/11/2017 - Request for initial evidence for I-485 received
            05/15/2017 - Fingerprint done
            06/05/2017 - Mailed answer for "request for initial evidence for your Form I-485"
            07/03/2017 - Open a SR about my EAD (75 days)
            07/19/2017 - Got a reply ".... Your form will be processed within 90 days of the receipt of the request evidence"
            08/11/2017 - Case was approved (118 days)
            08/15/2017 - Combo Card was mailed to me
            08/17/2017 - Received combo card

I haven't got any information about my interview so far but was such a relief to receive the combo card. Also I didn't have update online about my EAD. I received the mail with my approval notice and after that received the update from the website, so it was an amazing surprise

I wish good luck to all of you guys.
            Last edited by cbrasil; 08-17-2017, 08:19 PM.

Comment

• Thanks for sharing!

Originally posted by cbrasil View Post
              My timeline so far

04/17/2017 Mailed package via FEDEX
              04/18/2017 Delivered
              04/26/2017 Received text and email, letters arrived in mail in couple days.
              04/28/2017 Check cashed
              05/05/2017 Fingerprint schedule to 05/15
              05/08/2017 - They sent a " request for initial evidence for your Form I-485"
              05/11/2017 - Request for initial evidence for I-485 received
              05/15/2017 - Fingerprint done
              06/05/2017 - Mailed answer for "request for initial evidence for your Form I-485"
              07/03/2017 - Open a SR about my EAD (75 days)
              07/19/2017 - Got a reply ".... Your form will be processed within 90 days of the receipt of the request evidence"
              08/11/2017 - Case was approved (118 days)
              08/15/2017 - Combo Card was mailed to me
              08/17/2017 - Received combo card

I haven't got any information about my interview so far but was such a relief to receive the combo card. Also I didn't have update online about my EAD. I received the mail with my approval notice and after that received the update from the website, so it was an amazing surprise

I wish good luck to all of you guys.
              Thanks for sharing! We have very similar timelines and this gives me hope that I will get combo card soon.

Comment

• hey there did it help sending an inquiry?

Comment

• inquiry

Originally posted by MARIA0218 View Post
                  hey there did it help sending an inquiry?
                  I am not sure to be honest, but i think doesn't cost anything to try

Comment

• Anyone got their GC yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Akheya View Post
                      Anyone got their GC yet?
                      Not yet. I am still waiting my interview be scheduled

Comment

• I130 Petition was Approved

Hi there,

Can you please advise on what will be the next step after I130 Petition for Alien relative was approved? Petition was approved on May 12, 2015 and until now we are waiting for the US embassy for interview. Any advice the steps need to be done on how to speed up the US embassy processing?

Thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Akheya View Post
                          Anyone got their GC yet?
                          nothing here, I am in Las Vegas and was checking the times and they are still processing Oct 2016.

Comment

• I applied for adjustment of status based on asylum

4/26-- I-485& I-131 application received at TSC
                            4/27-- checks cashed
                            05/18-- biometrics done
                            06/12-- I-131 transferred from TSC to NSC [routine caseload transfer]
                            08/04-- text saying "On August 4, 2017, we produced your Refugee Travel Document for your Form I-131"
                            08/09-- received RTD in mail
                            9/26-- got letter I797 approval notice for green card

[note: my status had been unavailable online until today when it said "card in production"]

Good luck everyone! See you back here in 4 years when it's time to naturalize

Comment

• Originally posted by AA285 View Post
                              I applied for adjustment of status based on asylum

4/26-- I-485& I-131 application received at TSC
                              4/27-- checks cashed
                              05/18-- biometrics done
                              06/12-- I-131 transferred from TSC to NSC [routine caseload transfer]
                              08/04-- text saying "On August 4, 2017, we produced your Refugee Travel Document for your Form I-131"
                              08/09-- received RTD in mail
                              9/26-- got letter I797 approval notice for green card

[note: my status had been unavailable online until today when it said "card in production"]

Good luck everyone! See you back here in 4 years when it's time to naturalize
                              Thats awesome! Congrats. Hope I have news about my green card interview soon

Comment

• April '17 i485 i765 i130 i131 concurrent filer

Hello guys,

I've been meaning to post my timeline for you fellow filers for a while and here it is.

Some background info first.
                                1) I've had my GC for almost 10yrs through my FIRST marriage (divorced in '12)
                                2) I got married for the second time in Aug. '16, to a F1+OPT holder.
                                3) I became a us citizen this April 6 '17 then completed all the documents necessary with my citizenship certificate.
                                (I'll also post my naturalization process timeline soon in a Citizen thread Aug 2016 filer https://www.immihelp.com/experience/...-2017-NYC.html)
                                4) We used a lawyer who has told us that our case is pretty straight forward since its a marriage to a usc.

Year 2017
                                4/24 Case received
                                5/11 Initial Evidence requested
                                5/? Bio done
                                6/10 (My wife's OPT expires)
                                7/21 IE received
                                10/31 Work permit approved/production

We were just kind of giving up for a quick turnaround because it had been 6 months since the application and 3 months from the receipt of IE + we heard some GC process stalling around me (NY) but finally received the notice of the EAD a few days ago.

My wife's OPT expired back in June and she had to quit her work so it was pretty stressful but hey guys we have no control over this so submit what they ask you to and don't get too freaked out. It's just a process that we have go step by step. My wife and I kept telling each other that we should take a deep breath and just get on the flow and all will turn out ok.

I will update !
                                Last edited by smaruokany; 11-02-2017, 05:56 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X