Applying for OCI for Minor - Checklist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tampaite View Post
    Does anyone know how long it would take for docs to reach CKGS office in Atlanta from Indian Consulate located in Atlanta?

I thought they were within an hour drive from each other.
    It takes approximately 5 days

Jun 28, 2017 - OCI Card ‘Received’ at the CKGS application centre

Comment

Received OCI card in the mail today.

Took approx 50 days from the day we sent-in the application and using FedEx overnight shipping for all sending/receiving documents.

Complete timeline below:

Day 00:05/10-OCI (Minor) Sent
      Day 01:05/11-OCI package was delivered
      Day 06:05/16-Call escalated to CKGS as 24-48 hours has passed without any online acknowledgement.
      Day 07:05/17-App Verified
      Day 08:05/18-App Under Process
      Day 09:05/19-App/Org PP @Consululate / Org PP@CKGS / Org PP FedEx Pick
      Day 10:05/20-GOI shows Under Prpcess
      Day 12:05/22-Org PP returned
      Day 40:06/19-OCI Print
      Day 41:06/20-OCI Dispatch
      Day 44:06/23-OCI@Consul
      Day 49:06/28-OCI@CKGS
      Day 50:06/29-OCI FedEx Pick
      Day 51:06/30-OCI Received

**** BLS International (Steven Schwimmer, Ekta Soni) lost our US passport and OCI card. **** ** worst company **** ***
      Last edited by tampaite; 06-30-2017, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Address proof of both parents or one parent is enough for Minor(new born)? we both are on H visas and we had new born baby in US. my wife is living with me and she does not have DL or electricity bill. she has credit card/bank statements and her W2, H4 EAD(no address printed on it), SSN . i have DL, Electricity bill docs and other. do ckgs still ask for other address proof docs of my wife?
        Last edited by vikky789; 10-30-2017, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vikky789 View Post
          Address proof of both parents or one parent is enough for Minor(new born)? we both are on H visas and we had new born baby in US. my wife is living with me and she does not have DL or electricity bill. she has credit card/bank statements and her W2, H4 EAD(no address printed on it), SSN . i have DL, Electricity bill docs and other. do ckgs still ask for other address proof docs of my wife?
          only proof of address from one of the parents who has sufficient proof of document.

Comment

Originally posted by proonindiandoc View Post
            only proof of address from one of the parents who has sufficient proof of document.
            Sure right? My wife is staying with me but she is not on lease or not on electricity bill and she does not have Drivers license. I can provide my address proof for my infant kid.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X