Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

May 2017 Submission - Concurrent Application i-130, i-131, i-465, i-765 & i693 (ATL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ChicagoFiler View Post
    Big Congrats!! I still haven't receive my EAD card. It was mailed out on the Sep 20th. The interview notice said we need to bring all EAD we have. Also it is not guaranteed that we will receive the GC within a month after the interview approval. My attorney said it really depends on how fast the officer work. She said she have a client got the GC after a year of the interview date (the officer said he will approve the case). She told me to write down the interviewer name so she would know how fast I would get the GC based on her clients experience. So I would still need the EAD card in case anything bad happens but i wish not.

I am so worry the EAD card mail got lost. It usually takes 2 days to receive the EAD card once it been mailed out. But it been 6 days already I still don't get the card.
    My attorney got the EAD card yesterday! Yes! I don't know why it taking so long but it doesn't matter now. Waiting for the interview next week. Hope everything goes well.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Tokz1985 View Post
    How did you all get your notice for the interview? Did the status online changed or was it just mailed? I got my EAD last Sept 11 and I'm noticing most people are getting EAD and interview notices together. Thanks for the advise.
    Mine coming in mail but online status still "RFE response received". Interview notice comes first in mail then 2 weeks later the EAD in production. EAD online status does changed to card being mailed out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tokz1985 View Post
      How did you all get your notice for the interview? Did the status online changed or was it just mailed? I got my EAD last Sept 11 and I'm noticing most people are getting EAD and interview notices together. Thanks for the advise.
      Mine still says that on May 24th we received your biometrics fee ....................

Comment

Big Congrats!! I still haven't receive my EAD card. It was mailed out on the Sep 20th. The interview notice said we need to bring all EAD we have. Also it is not guaranteed that we will receive the GC within a month after the interview approval. My attorney said it really depends on how fast the officer work. She said she have a client got the GC after a year of the interview date (the officer said he will approve the case). She told me to write down the interviewer name so she would know how fast I would get the GC based on her clients experience. So I would still need the EAD card in case anything bad happens but i wish not.

I am so worry the EAD card mail got lost. It usually takes 2 days to receive the EAD card once it been mailed out. But it been 6 days already I still don't get the card.

Hey. Hope everything goes well for you today.
        Keep us updated how it went and what's going on.

Comment

• Concurrent Filing: I-130, I-131, I-485,& I-765 - May 2017 Submission -Miami

Hi everyone,

Here is my experience so far:

05/25/2017: Package sent Via USPS
          05/30/2017: Package received by USCIS
          06/07/2017: Text+ email notifications from USCIS: Case received
          06/28/2017: Biometrics Done
          08/21/2017: SR for EAD via phone
          09/20/2017: Text + email notification: EAD Card ordered **[[113 DAYS from PD]]**
          09/21/2017: Text + email notification: I-131 travel authorization approved
          09/27/2017: EAD + Travel Authorization combo card received in a trackable USPS envelope

The status for my I-130 remains "Case Was Received" and that for I-485 remains "Fingerprint Fee Was Received".

Comment

• Interview Done no decision made

Our interview was yesterday 10/03 scheduled at 11:45 am. We been called in together around 12:15 pm. There are a lot ppl in the waiting area. Our officer is a middle age lady. She is nice and have a good sense of humor.

She asked us few casual questions, request our passport, original marriage certificate, original birth certificate. She took a look and returned them.

Then she start with my husband (USC) question regard on the application. Question like what your name, birthday, parents name, current address, current company work for, have you married before, your wife name, etc. Then she asked how we met, when we start dating, when he move in to my place, when we move in to our new place, our new address, when and where we engaged, the relationship time line (she wrote it down as we talking).

Then she ask me the basic question regard on the application, checking if information is right, at the end she asked me the I-485 Yes/No questions. After that she went through our photo album and ask who is in the picture and the locations in our pictures. As looking at photos, she asked where we did out pre-wedding photos etc. Nothing hard questions at all, just like casual chatting with your friends and telling your love story.

At the end she asked if I have any other evidence that want to give her. So I hand over the documents that I collect such as wedding ******** event page, few emails conversation from our joint gmail accounts, renter policy with both our name on it, Joint account check (void), some travel booking record (hotel, car rental, flight tickets), utility bill with both names on it, joint bank account all statements.

She explained that process and timeline of removing conditional green card. Then she said she will review my case in the afternoon. She also mentioned wait 6~8 weeks after the interview to get response. She didn't say anything about approve or not.

Overall in my opinion the interview went well. But no decision made kind of make me worries. Now nothing update online. I am not quite believe the online status because it still saying "REF has been received on June 9th" and the fact I am done the interview already.

However, I just got an notice today at 3pm from the USPS app saying I have an insured Priority mail expected on this Friday Oct 6 and it is from Houston, TX 77018. Could this be the green card?!! We didn't buy anything online and we don't aware of any friends in Houston mailing us a package. Does anyone know where the green card usually mailed from? It is just weird and I am worry.
            Last edited by ChicagoFiler; 10-05-2017, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Our interview was yesterday 10/03 scheduled at 11:45 am. We been called in together around 1:15 pm. There are a lot ppl in the waiting area. Our officer is a middle age lady. She is nice and have a good sense of humor.

She asked us few casual questions, request our passport, original marriage certificate, original birth certificate. She took a look and returned them.

Then she start with my husband (USC) question regard on the application. Question like what your name, birthday, parents name, current address, current company work for, have you married before, your wife name, etc. Then she asked how we met, when we start dating, when he move in to my place, when we move in to our new place, our new address, when and where we engaged, the relationship time line (she wrote it down as we talking).

Then she ask me the basic question regard on the application, checking if information is right, at the end she asked me the I-485 Yes/No questions. After that she went through our photo album and ask who is in the picture and the locations in our pictures. As looking at photos, she asked where we did out pre-wedding photos etc. Nothing hard questions at all, just like casual chatting with your friends and telling your love story.

At the end she asked if I have any other evidence that want to give her. So I hand over the documents that I collect such as wedding ******** event page, few emails conversation from our joint gmail accounts, renter policy with both our name on it, Joint account check (void), some travel booking record (hotel, car rental, flight tickets), utility bill with both names on it, joint bank account all statements.

She explained that process and timeline of removing conditional green card. Then she said she will review my case in the afternoon. She also mentioned wait 6~8 weeks after the interview to get response. She didn't say anything about approve or not.

Overall in my opinion the interview went well. But no decision made kind of make me worries. Now nothing update online. I am not quite believe the online status because it still saying "REF has been received on June 9th" and the fact I am done the interview already.

However, I just got an notice today at 3pm from the USPS app saying I have an insured Priority mail expected on this Friday Oct 6 and it is from Houston, TX 77018. Could this be the green card?!! We didn't buy anything online and we don't aware of any friends in Houston mailing us a package. Does anyone know where the green card usually mailed from? It is just weird and I am worry.

Hey ChicagoFiler. Thanks for the details.
              Sorry but I have no idea about the mail from Texas.
              You did great and probably like everyone else, you've been going through this process and waiting for a long time for this to happen.
              Just give it those couple weeks (which is hard for sure) and have faith you will get it eventually.
              I saw a lot of people who have been waiting for years to get somewhere and nothing happened for them. Lucky for you, you're done with your interview and let's hope it will all be fine.
              Fingers crossed for that mail you're expecting.

Comment

• May Filers from Virginia!!!

Hi! Have anyone gotten their interview letter yet? My PD is May 22 from Central Virginia. Got my EAD combo card Sept 22!!! Good luck you all!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueOrchard View Post
                  Hi! Have anyone gotten their interview letter yet? My PD is May 22 from Central Virginia. Got my EAD combo card Sept 22!!! Good luck you all!!!
                  No interview letter too. PD May 19, EAD came in Sept. is there a processing time for the scheduling of interview as well? are we allowed to do service request for interview or we just wait it out? Thank you!

Comment

• No decision yet from interview

Originally posted by Grigonic View Post
                    Hey ChicagoFiler. Thanks for the details.
                    Sorry but I have no idea about the mail from Texas.
                    You did great and probably like everyone else, you've been going through this process and waiting for a long time for this to happen.
                    Just give it those couple weeks (which is hard for sure) and have faith you will get it eventually.
                    I saw a lot of people who have been waiting for years to get somewhere and nothing happened for them. Lucky for you, you're done with your interview and let's hope it will all be fine.
                    Fingers crossed for that mail you're expecting.
                    Still nothing on the decision yet.

Comment

• AOS - Miami

As of today, my I-130 remains "Case Was Received" and that for I-485 remains "Fingerprint Fee Was Received." I see that a few of May filers have already gotten their interview requests and even some have gotten their interviews done. How about the rest? Please keep us posted.

Best of luck everyone!

Originally posted by aUCFknight View Post
                      Hi everyone,

Here is my experience so far:

05/25/2017: Package sent Via USPS
                      05/30/2017: Package received by USCIS
                      06/07/2017: Text+ email notifications from USCIS: Case received
                      06/28/2017: Biometrics Done
                      08/21/2017: SR for EAD via phone
                      09/20/2017: Text + email notification: EAD Card ordered **[[113 DAYS from PD]]**
                      09/21/2017: Text + email notification: I-131 travel authorization approved
                      09/27/2017: EAD + Travel Authorization combo card received in a trackable USPS envelope

The status for my I-130 remains "Case Was Received" and that for I-485 remains "Fingerprint Fee Was Received".

Comment

• GC gotta approved the Day of Interview!!!

Originally posted by ChicagoFiler View Post
                        Still nothing on the decision yet.
                        Okay guys! I received my I-485 approval notice yesterday and it was dated as my interview day Oct 3rd. It turns out my case has been approved the afternoon of the day I interviewed. The online status never update!!! So really don't be panic if you didn't see any update online. It will come in by mail. Thank god. I am expecting the card in two weeks.

Good luck for all! It will come in the way sooner than you expected.

Comment

• I did my interview on September 19. He didn't ask much questions. he told us at the end that we need to send them a proof of income. I don't know why he asked that. I'm international student, so I get money from my country. I sent to them my personal bank statements and some wire's proof. My wife is a student too, so she sent her personal bank statements too. We have a bank accout together, but I don't know why he asked that. Do you know guys approximately how long I need to wait to get a response from them? In the paper it's says that we are going to make a final decision based on your evidence.

Comment

• Got the GC. Here is my Experience. Hope it help!

Thank you all the members here for sharing your opinion and experience. It really help me for the whole process. I filling from Chicago on 05/10/2017 and got my green card on 10/10/2017. It took me exactly 5 months. I am sharing my experience here and hope it will help you guys. You will have your card eventually. Just keep your faith. Good luck!!!

Here is my time line:

Day Count Total 153 days
                            05/02/2017 Hired Lawyer
                            0 05/09/2017 Mailed B: I-485, I-131, I-130A, I-765 (G-28, G-1145, I-325A, I-693) ; P: I-130, I-864, G-28
                            1 05/10/2017 Delivered to Chicago lockbox (PD)
                            7 05/16/2017 Receipt Notices Received on Phone/Email
                            8 05/17/2017 check cashed by USCIS. Online status update to received and accept the case.
                            15 05/24/2017 Receipt Notices Received by mail
                            17 05/26/2017 Finger print appointment NOA Notice date5/19 appointment date 06/08
                            21 05/30/2017 RFE mailed out showed on USCIS (It was for Birth Certificate)
                            28 06/06/2017 Lawyer Mailed the Response Doc for RFE
                            29 06/07/2017 Finger print Done. walk in early.
                            31 06/09/2017 Status change to response to RFE Received
                            84 08/01/2017 1st SR Lawyer did online
                            106 08/23/2017 2nd SR through Phone
                            107 08/24/2017 1st SR has been assigned to an Officer for response
                            113 08/30/2017 Both SR send response to me and complete
                            119 09/05/2017 Interview Notice mail received. Interview scheduled on Oct 3rd.
                            129 09/15/2017 EAD status update to "New card is being produced"
                            134 09/20/2017 EAD status update to : Card is mailed to me
                            135 09/22/2017 Attorney received EAD/AP approval notice mail.
                            141 09/27/2017 Attorney received EAD/AP Combo card
                            147 10/03/2017 Interview Day! Approval the afternoon.
                            153 10/9/2017 Approval Notice received
                            154 10/10/2017 Attorney Received GC in the mail (she told me 4 days later! 'facepalm')

About Attorney, yes hire one if you don't know where to start, you both work and don't have time for the preparation, or want professional help. Attorney will at least make sure no mistakes made on application, organize your package and get it delivered to right place, have all your documents collected, they will handle all the questions you have, and be with you during your interview if your case is complicate. Just remember, if you do hire attorney, hire a good one.

About SR, yes! Definitely do SR when you can. At least for me, it kind of help me get the interview notice sooner!

About initial REF, yes it will reset your clock to the day of the REF response received by the USCIS. Please include everything before mail out your applications.

About Interview:

Our interview was 10/03 scheduled at 11:45 am. We been called in together around 12:15 pm. There are a lot ppl in the waiting area. Our officer is a middle age lady. She is nice and have a good sense of humor.

Then she start to interview me. She took my finger print and photo. Then she asked me the basic question regard on the application, checking if information is right, at the end she asked me the I-485 Yes/No questions. After that she went through our photo album and ask who is in the picture and the locations in our pictures. As looking at photos, she asked where we did out pre-wedding photos etc. Nothing hard questions at all, just like casual chatting with your friends and telling your love story.

She explained that process and timeline of removing condition on the green card. Then she said she will review my case in the afternoon. She also mentioned wait 6~8 weeks after the interview to get response. She didn't say anything about approve or not. Overall in my opinion the interview went well.

About after interview:

It turns out the IO approved my case the day of interview. However the online status never update, even tho now it still saying "case received or REF response received". So don't be panic if you didn't see any update online. Just be patience and wait for the mail. Some posts saying that if the officer end up telling the info about removing the condition of the GC, the IO is approving your case. I got the approve notice and GC within a week of interview. I don't know when the card been order, been produced, or been mailed out. Because the online status never update!

My best wishes to you all. This will be my final post of the process. Thanks!

Comment

• Hi,
                              I have not received my interview letter either. MY PD is May 30. Status remains "Fingerprint Fee Was Received." I am filing from Miami.

Originally posted by BlueOrchard View Post

Comment

Thank you all the members here for sharing your opinion and experience. It really help me for the whole process. I filling from Chicago on 05/10/2017 and got my green card on 10/10/2017. It took me exactly 5 months. I am sharing my experience here and hope it will help you guys. You will have your card eventually. Just keep your faith. Good luck!!!

Here is my time line:

Day Count Total 153 days
                                05/02/2017 Hired Lawyer
                                0 05/09/2017 Mailed B: I-485, I-131, I-130A, I-765 (G-28, G-1145, I-325A, I-693) ; P: I-130, I-864, G-28
                                1 05/10/2017 Delivered to Chicago lockbox (PD)
                                7 05/16/2017 Receipt Notices Received on Phone/Email
                                8 05/17/2017 check cashed by USCIS. Online status update to received and accept the case.
                                15 05/24/2017 Receipt Notices Received by mail
                                17 05/26/2017 Finger print appointment NOA Notice date5/19 appointment date 06/08
                                21 05/30/2017 RFE mailed out showed on USCIS (It was for Birth Certificate)
                                28 06/06/2017 Lawyer Mailed the Response Doc for RFE
                                29 06/07/2017 Finger print Done. walk in early.
                                31 06/09/2017 Status change to response to RFE Received
                                84 08/01/2017 1st SR Lawyer did online
                                106 08/23/2017 2nd SR through Phone
                                107 08/24/2017 1st SR has been assigned to an Officer for response
                                113 08/30/2017 Both SR send response to me and complete
                                119 09/05/2017 Interview Notice mail received. Interview scheduled on Oct 3rd.
                                129 09/15/2017 EAD status update to "New card is being produced"
                                134 09/20/2017 EAD status update to : Card is mailed to me
                                135 09/22/2017 Attorney received EAD/AP approval notice mail.
                                141 09/27/2017 Attorney received EAD/AP Combo card
                                147 10/03/2017 Interview Day! Approval the afternoon.
                                153 10/9/2017 Approval Notice received
                                154 10/10/2017 Attorney Received GC in the mail (she told me 4 days later! 'facepalm')

About Attorney, yes hire one if you don't know where to start, you both work and don't have time for the preparation, or want professional help. Attorney will at least make sure no mistakes made on application, organize your package and get it delivered to right place, have all your documents collected, they will handle all the questions you have, and be with you during your interview if your case is complicate. Just remember, if you do hire attorney, hire a good one.

About SR, yes! Definitely do SR when you can. At least for me, it kind of help me get the interview notice sooner!

About initial REF, yes it will reset your clock to the day of the REF response received by the USCIS. Please include everything before mail out your applications.

About Interview:

Our interview was 10/03 scheduled at 11:45 am. We been called in together around 12:15 pm. There are a lot ppl in the waiting area. Our officer is a middle age lady. She is nice and have a good sense of humor.

Then she start to interview me. She took my finger print and photo. Then she asked me the basic question regard on the application, checking if information is right, at the end she asked me the I-485 Yes/No questions. After that she went through our photo album and ask who is in the picture and the locations in our pictures. As looking at photos, she asked where we did out pre-wedding photos etc. Nothing hard questions at all, just like casual chatting with your friends and telling your love story.

She explained that process and timeline of removing condition on the green card. Then she said she will review my case in the afternoon. She also mentioned wait 6~8 weeks after the interview to get response. She didn't say anything about approve or not. Overall in my opinion the interview went well.

About after interview:

It turns out the IO approved my case the day of interview. However the online status never update, even tho now it still saying "case received or REF response received". So don't be panic if you didn't see any update online. Just be patience and wait for the mail. Some posts saying that if the officer end up telling the info about removing the condition of the GC, the IO is approving your case. I got the approve notice and GC within a week of interview. I don't know when the card been order, been produced, or been mailed out. Because the online status never update!

My best wishes to you all. This will be my final post of the process. Thanks!
                                CONGRATULATIONS.
                                Very happy for you.
                                6 more days for me.
                                Wish it will be as fast as yours with the result.
                                Good luck with everything.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X