Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mekus21 View Post
    It must really suck to have your i485 pending for this long. 20 months is definitely quite long. Have you tried contacting your congressman? Many people often see a movement on their case after a congressman inquiry, even if it is not immediate but later but something does happen.

If you don't mind, was your asylum approval based on political or sexual persecution?

- - - Updated - - -

In the case of a former asylee now a permanent resident, is it safe for them to travel with their country's international passport?

As a permanent resident based on asylum, you are bound by the rules applicable to an asylee. By becoming a permanent resident, you do not lose your asylee status. Until you become a citizen, all the rules applicable to asylees are applicable to permanent residents based upon asylum. Therefore, there are legal risks to travel with your national passport even as a permanent resident based on asylum.

Comment

• Just curious. Wonder why is RFE sheet in yellow. Any meaning to that?

Originally posted by Katiusha View Post
      Congrats!!!!
      I believe that Your medical exam is expired already and they requesting a new one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clancy View Post
        Just curious. Wonder why is RFE sheet in yellow. Any meaning to that?
        Mine was in yellow too. And it means they will take action (approve) your case as soon as they get your response. mine was approved in a week after submission.

Congrats!

Comment

• It also asking me to attach coversheet. What should I write on coversheet? any example?

Mine requested was medical and form g-325a

Originally posted by Turf View Post
          Mine was in yellow too. And it means they will take action (approve) your case as soon as they get your response. mine was approved in a week after submission.

Congrats!

Comment

• Originally posted by Clancy View Post
            It also asking me to attach coversheet. What should I write on coversheet? any example?

I think you should simple address USCIS and list the proof what they were asked for and then just simply tell them to approve your application as soon possible. (Google for sample cover letters)

How long did it took you to receive RFE for medical? You received it based on PD or expire date of medical (a year from medical test date)?

Comment

• Received based on expired medical.

Originally posted by kDon View Post
              I think you should simple address USCIS and list the proof what they were asked for and then just simply tell them to approve your application as soon possible. (Google for sample cover letters)

How long did it took you to receive RFE for medical? You received it based on PD or expire date of medical (a year from medical test date)?

Comment

• Coversheet for RFE

Originally posted by Clancy View Post
                It also asking me to attach coversheet. What should I write on coversheet? any example?

Normally there should have been a coversheet attached to your RFE bearing the direct address of the officer handling your case where you should forward your RFE response to directly?

You are to place that sheet directly on your RFE response before inserting everything together inside your mailing envelope.

Comment

• RFE Notice sent but not received Yet

Hello guys,
                  on September 28, 2018, my online case status changed to Request for Additional Evidence for 2 out of 5 applications I filed for. Till today after 6 days of online status changes nothing came yet to my mail. I also have informed delivery through USPS website to know if anything is coming but I see nothing yet.

So I am just wondering for those who got RFE

How long it takes for your RFE notice to come to you after online status change?!

Second, when you receive the RFE notice and resubmit it back to USCIS, how long for them to look through the RFE and give you their decisions??

Comment

• RFE wait time

Originally posted by 4yr_experience_not_lawyer View Post
                    Hello guys,
                    on September 28, 2018, my online case status changed to Request for Additional Evidence for 2 out of 5 applications I filed for. Till today after 6 days of online status changes nothing came yet to my mail. I also have informed delivery through USPS website to know if anything is coming but I see nothing yet.

So I am just wondering for those who got RFE

How long it takes for your RFE notice to come to you after online status change?!

Second, when you receive the RFE notice and resubmit it back to USCIS, how long for them to look through the RFE and give you their decisions??
                    It really depends on how far away you live from the USCIS center/office processing your case. For some people, they get it within a week and some get it in 2 to even 4 weeks. Mine came in about 2 weeks later. Usually, they say allow between 2 weeks to a month to receive the RFE.

Once it's been received, allow about 1 to 3 weeks for a final decision, that is if the RFE response satisfies all they are asking for. It all depends on the speed of the officer handling your case. Mine was approved exactly 2 weeks after it was received. Some people see theirs approved after 1 week.

Comment

• Question about Form G-325a. From 2016-present, I moved a lot and filled all those boxes. Form is asking me to provide 5 years of resident, but no additional to fill. Should I add remaining address on .doc file, print and send it?

Originally posted by mekus21 View Post
                      Normally there should have been a coversheet attached to your RFE bearing the direct address of the officer handling your case where you should forward your RFE response to directly?

You are to place that sheet directly on your RFE response before inserting everything together inside your mailing envelope.

Comment

• RFE notice coming today

Hey guys

After 11 days from online status change to Request for additional evidence, finally I saw the 2 notices coming today through the informed delivery from USCIS for the 2 pending application and they should be the RFE notices. Please guys pray for me so it will be something easy and it is in come in good shape. I will keep you guys updated Once I receive them and know what's inside them.

Comment

• Form G-325A

Originally posted by Clancy View Post
                          Question about Form G-325a. From 2016-present, I moved a lot and filled all those boxes. Form is asking me to provide 5 years of resident, but no additional to fill. Should I add remaining address on .doc file, print and send it?
                          I would fill out another form G-325A and continue with my addresses till I go 5 years back. I would also number both of them 1 and 2 for clarity.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey guys

After 11 days from online status change to Request for additional evidence, finally I saw the 2 notices coming today through the informed delivery from USCIS for the 2 pending application and they should be the RFE notices. Please guys pray for me so it will be something easy and it is in come in good shape. I will keep you guys updated Once I receive them and know what's inside them.
                          Goodluck! Let us know!

Comment

• RFE requestes

I received the 2 RFE notices today for the 2 pending application.

They both have the same statement:

Your I-485 form is not complete. You did not select box 1.a or 1.b under the applicant statement on page 15 of the form as required. Therefore. you have not established that you understood and answered every question on the form. See page 15 of the enclosed copy of your form I-485.

Therefore, please submit a new I-485 form signed by you, or representative, or attorney. You must select box 1.a or 1.b under the applicants statements on page 15 on the new form, which would establish that you understood and answered every question on the form. you don not need to submit a fee with the new form.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They also attached a copy of the original form that I submitted which have a big circle around the part that was missing the check Mark. and they also sent me yellow sheet paper to faster the process when they receive my response on the RFE

Now, What I am going to do that I will start a new form and will copy information from the copy of the original form that the sent me along with the RFE. I will also put a paper to state what changes I have done different from the original application. and I WILL MAKE SURE NOT FORGET TO CHECK MARK THAT BOX AGAIN.

Just one question: Do I need to attach all the evidence that I submitted before or no, it did not say that whether or not to attach all the evidence that I submitted before but it seems they do not need that, can I call them to ask??
                            Last edited by 4yr_experience_not_lawyer; 10-10-2018, 11:23 AM.

Comment

• i485 RFE

I received the 2 RFE notices today for the 2 pending application.

They both have the same statement:

Your I-485 form is not complete. You did not select box 1.a or 1.b under the applicant statement on page 15 of the form as required. Therefore. you have not established that you understood and answered every question on the form. See page 15 of the enclosed copy of your form I-485.

Therefore, please submit a new I-485 form signed by you, or representative, or attorney. You must select box 1.a or 1.b under the applicants statements on page 15 on the new form, which would establish that you understood and answered every question on the form. you don not need to submit a fee with the new form.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They also attached a copy of the original form that I submitted which have a big circle around the part that was missing the check Mark. and they also sent me yellow sheet paper to faster the process when they receive my response on the RFE

Now, What I am going to do that I will start a new form and will copy information from the copy of the original form that the sent me along with the RFE. I will also put a paper to state what changes I have done different from the original application. and I WILL MAKE SURE NOT FORGET TO CHECK MARK THAT BOX AGAIN.

Just one question: Do I need to attach all the evidence that I submitted before or no, it did not say that whether or not to attach all the evidence that I submitted before but it seems they do not need that, can I call them to ask??
                              Just fill out another form i485 properly with the exact same info on the original one that you sent when you had filed and be sure to answer the unanswered parts of it that were circled in the copy sent in the RFE. The copy sent in the RFE is to be used as reference to ensure that your new i485 is consistent with the previous one and to complete the new one properly by paying attention to the parts circled on the copy.

I would not send any evidence as none is clearly requested. The only issue here seems to be the improperly filled i485 and a correctly filled out one is all they need anyway.

Good luck

Comment

• I-485 Approved

Wow guys, I'm shocked and happy, our I-485 got Approved, here is our time line:

June 16, 2017 - Asylum Granted
                                June 22, 2018 - I-485 sent to USCIS
                                June 26, 2018 - Case status: "We received your fingerprint fee"
                                July 20,2018 - We received biometric invitation letters for all 3 applicants
                                August 3, 2018 - Biometric done
                                August 6, 2018 - Case status: "You fingerprint was reviewed, and our Nebraska SC continue working on you application"
                                October 10, 2018 - Case status: "New card is being produced"!!!! for all 3 applicants

Overall 3.5 months in Nebraska SC and the best present for my Birthday!!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X