Felony Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Felony Question

First post here, hopefully someone can help.

In 2011, while living in the US, I got caught shoplifting and sent to ICE. Eventually my attorney got me put on a diversion program which included some hours of community service and a monthly drug test. Unfortunately, I failed the test and ran immediately to sign a voluntary departure. Since I thought that deportation wasn't an option and that getting barred a few years was better than never coming back.

But now I'm getting word that since I left the US without giving the Solicitors Office a notice in advance because I failed to comply with the diversion program, that my shoplifting misdemeanor would likely constitute in an aggravated felony.

Is this possible? I've done multiple online criminal background checks and nothing shows up

If I do actually have a felony, what does this mean on my ability to acquire another visa?

Would it completely destroy my eligibility on ever returning?

If not, could I just go ahead and apply for another visa? Is there any reason why I would be denied?

(Another piece of info is that my mother got remarried a few years ago and is applying for her citizenship soon, not sure if that helps with anything)

I'd be extremely grateful for any kind of help, thanks again in advance~

What is the custodial sentence you were given that was suspended?

What is the sentence and conviction that now stands, now that you've failed to meet the terms of your diversion program?

All this information is in the final disposition of your criminal case

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
      What is the custodial sentence you were given that was suspended?

What is the sentence and conviction that now stands, now that you've failed to meet the terms of your diversion program?

All this information is in the final disposition of your criminal case
      Sorry for the late reply, I realized I never got my final disposition so I ran after that and just got it.

here it is:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	590641
      Attached Files

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}