Taking CLEP exam for uni transfer credits under VWP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking CLEP exam for uni transfer credits under VWP

Can I travel to the U.S. under a visa waiver program and take CLEP exams? I have UK Passport and am a British citizen. I reside between the Netherlands and Hong Kong.

I am taking CLEP to qualify for transfer credits into distance learning universities that are based in the US, but are not enrolled with any universities there. If I was enrolled it is also unlikely that I need an I-20 because I’d be doing the program in my country of residence. They don’t offer it either.

I will also be staying with my boyfriend who lives in the US while I do the exams. So when I visit the US it would be that I am both visiting to see him and do my exams. Is this reason going to give me difficulty in entering the country even though I am not trying to live there permanently? Will I be able to explain to an immigration officer this intention?

Also, if I was enrolled with a US based distance learning university, since they do not offer any I-20, is it still legal for me to travel to the US under visa waiver program to take CLEP exams? Or will I need something else in my case?

Thank you!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X