Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Visit through B1 Visa

Hi All,

I have traveled to US twice in B1 Visa (Oct - Dec 2015) & (Aug - Nov 2016). During my second visit in the port of entry i was granted a limited stay for three months, Later in April 2017 i applied for L1 blanket and was denied with Not Clearly Approval stamp.

Now my clients wants me to travel in B1 for the another 3 months minimum for Business meetings.

can anyone help me
    is it okay to travel after L1 rejection in B1?
    I will have cooling period of more than 6 months from my previous travel sufficient?
    Any other risk involved if i travel end of June or beginning of July 2017 in B1?

Thanks,
    Hari Prasad

3 months of business meetings is pushing it

You're going to need to give the CBP officer a credible explanation of how you spent your last 3 month visit, and what your plans are for your next 3 month visit

The agents at the port of entry are probably going to be skeptical, that is their job

Comment

Originally posted by hariprasadcp View Post
      Hi All,

I have traveled to US twice in B1 Visa (Oct - Dec 2015) & (Aug - Nov 2016). During my second visit in the port of entry i was granted a limited stay for three months, Later in April 2017 i applied for L1 blanket and was denied with Not Clearly Approval stamp.

Now my clients wants me to travel in B1 for the another 3 months minimum for Business meetings.

can anyone help me
      is it okay to travel after L1 rejection in B1?
      I will have cooling period of more than 6 months from my previous travel sufficient?
      Any other risk involved if i travel end of June or beginning of July 2017 in B1?

Thanks,
      Hari Prasad
      I fully agree with inadmissible....who makes 3 months of business meetings??? A meeting should last couple hours...a conference or a workshop couple days...3 months? Are you sure you are not providing consultancy to your client and using this visa in a wrong way? You should take care of yourself if one day you would like to immigrate to US and if your client wants you here for longer and will pay you, you should look for the appropriate visa for that.

Comment

Hello hariprasadcp,

As long as your B1 Visa is still valid you can come back to the US. L1 rejection I think will not affect your B1 Visa...it's a different case. I suggest for you to make sure you will only stay in the US only for the period of your business trip when you enter the US for the 3rd time and prepare a business itinerary you will strictly follow. You should also be ready to provide USCIS at the airport proof (business itinerary) of your last 2 previous B1 business trips as well. This way you have documents/proofs that would show that you have no intention of violating your B1 Visa and strictly follow your business itinerary.
        In any case, there is always the risk that the immigration officer will doubt you and you will be subject to scrutiny...be prepared to answer questions in all honesty and always be ready to show proofs or documents that will support your answers.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Thank you all for your response and Suggestions. Things have changed with all the suggestions provided to the client - they now want me to travel only for 1 month in October 2017 for training purposes only (to provide classroom training to the new hire in US)

Would this pose any risk of the CBP officer questioning during POI based on the limited stay stamping back in Aug 2016.

Appreciate your help and guidance on this to make myself prepared during the POE.

Thanks,
          Hari Prasad

Comment

US Visit through B1 Visa

Hariprasadcp make sure you will only stay in the US only for the period of your business trip and you have documents/proofs that would show that you have no intention of violating your B1 Visa and strictly follow your business itinerary.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X