Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport HELP

Hello folks,
    I am a recent US Citizen. I got my citizenship through neturilization. I applied for passport today. And here is my concern. I dont't drive so i dont have a driver lincense. Nor i have a state ID. I need to travel next month to Canada as i am moving there permanently. Soo. I expidited my passport. I sent my original citizenship, i also sent a copy of my green card, my marriage certificate, and my previous school ID and a copy of my SIN Id

Please help. The lady at the Passport acceptance at USPS said that they might request more evidance to conform my identity

Will that be enough to get a passport or do i need to send more document ?

Originally posted by pkforever View Post
    Hello folks,
    I am a recent US Citizen. I got my citizenship through neturilization. I applied for passport today. And here is my concern. I dont't drive so i dont have a driver lincense. Nor i have a state ID. I need to travel next month to Canada as i am moving there permanently. Soo. I expidited my passport. I sent my original citizenship, i also sent a copy of my green card, my marriage certificate, and my previous school ID and a copy of my SIN Id

Please help. The lady at the Passport acceptance at USPS said that they might request more evidance to conform my identity

You can try to get a learners drivers permit. That will have your picture id.

You can also enquire at the DMV in your state if you can have a picture id that says "for ID purposes only".

Use the ID that you used to obtain legal permanent residence in Canada.
    Last edited by NettieL; 06-03-2017, 04:54 PM.
    Not legal advice.

Comment

They only need one form of ID, and a Certificate of Naturalization is already one of the accepted forms of ID. So it should be sufficient already. If not, a foreign passport is also another accepted form of ID.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by pkforever View Post
        Hello folks,

Is this possible to get citizenship through neturilization? I am interested to get more details about it. Thanks!

Comment

This is common problem for most of the people who is going to apply for Card or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Johncarry3 View Post
            Is this possible to get citizenship through neturilization? I am interested to get more details about it. Thanks!
            Naturalization is if you entered the US on a visa and was able to eventually apply for a Green Card, then US Citizenship. It just means the person who obtained US Citizenship wasn't born in the country.

If you are foreign born you will need to look at different ways to obtain a Green Card first.

Having a Green Card (officially known as a Permanent Resident

If you want more information, it may be wise to start a new thread, since this wasn't the topic of the OP's question.
            Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X