switch from evisa to OCI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• switch from evisa to OCI

I have applied for my Daughters OCI and lost it through courier and finally found it after a month. Mean while I have sent the baby to India on E-Visa. I want to extend the stay of the baby for 1 more year. Do I need to send baby to other country to get stamping on OCI and get her back to India or is there any option to get the stamping done on OCI in India itself. Baby is staying in Hyderabad, Telangana with her grand parents. It will be helpful if some one suggest us some alternative to get the stamping done on OCI there itself instead of sending 3 months old baby to other country and bringing back again. Please suggest me

Tourist Visa to OCI

Hi, Friend of mine sent his baby to India on Tourist visa, within 4 months he applied OCI and received it. Then he stayed there for an year and returned to USA without any issues.

Comment

How did you get it resolved?

My baby's OCI application is under process and the travel date is nearing. Is it really possible to enter on e-visa and later change the status to OCI? Could please let me know what procedure did you follow to solve the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by chintahrl View Post
        I have applied for my Daughters OCI and lost it through courier and finally found it after a month. Mean while I have sent the baby to India on E-Visa. I want to extend the stay of the baby for 1 more year. Do I need to send baby to other country to get stamping on OCI and get her back to India or is there any option to get the stamping done on OCI in India itself. Baby is staying in Hyderabad, Telangana with her grand parents. It will be helpful if some one suggest us some alternative to get the stamping done on OCI there itself instead of sending 3 months old baby to other country and bringing back again. Please suggest me
        Hi Chintahrl,

I am in the similar situation. May I know how was your problem solved?

Thanks,
        Manju

Comment

No updates? really come on people, if you already walked through the path then let us know what to expect and not to expect.

Comment

Come back with OCI

Just use OCI when she comes back. I don't think immigration officials will get picky with child entering on evisa and returning on OCI. You can prove you got the OCI approved in time, but receive and hence have to take an evisa to make the trip. Take it easy and it will be ok.

Post your experience when she comes back to US. Will you? Promise? Double-promise?

Comment

Same situation. Share how to convert evisa to OCI ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X