JULY 2017 SUBMISSION- I-130, I-485, I-765- concurrent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mieiva View Post
    Hey, you should definitely try to reach the uscis somehow, it?s a bit long for a work permit to wait. I got mine in November, yet stuck in this interview hung ... ugh!!!!
    Yes, a bit stressing at times. Trying to not drive myself crazy and just hope for the best for us all. Hang in there.

Comment

• GC timeline

Hey guys, here's my timeline of applying for GC, hope it would help someone.
      Field office - Cleveland

May 2017 - married
      7/31/17 - all applications were filed - applied with my married name (different from name on passport)
      8/3/17 - all applications were received (130, 131, 485, 765)
      8/12/17 - biometric appointment notice
      8/16/17 - went for biometric (although it's scheduled on 8/30, I had time conflict and went there early, had no issue)
      LONG TIME OF WAITING
      1/17/18 - interview notice
      1/19/18 - received EAD+AP combo card
      2/21/18 - interview day (lasted ~20-30 min, the officer was new but really nice; had a problem with the medical exam because the physician/nurse put the date of a lab test on the wrong spot; but the officer said it should be fine; but because of that, he couldn't check the box saying "approved and will recommend" but instead " cannot make a decision now"
      3/7/18 - online status changed from "schedule for interview" to "new card was emailed to me"
      3/8/18 - usps notification that a package from USCIS-lee summit MO is on its way - schedule to be delivered by 3/10/18
      3/9/18 - greencard was delivered a day earlier than it's scheduled.

Comment

• Can my wife renew her TN VISA after our us marriage?

My wife is Mexican National on a TN Visa working for a major US university with a contract. We were married July 2017. We waited to file the i-130,i-484, and possible I-765. We foresee no issues proceeding with these forms. Our issue is we have about 130 days before her TN visa expires. We may not have enough time to get these items processed before TN expiration. And after filing of i-484 you cannot renew a TN vias. So does anyone know if she can renew her TN visa with no issue and we file the i-130 and I-484 90+ days after TN renewal? Sorry for the convoluted question...been a long day

J

Comment

• Originally posted by Jason L View Post
          My wife is Mexican National on a TN Visa working for a major US university with a contract. We were married July 2017. We waited to file the i-130,i-484, and possible I-765. We foresee no issues proceeding with these forms. Our issue is we have about 130 days before her TN visa expires. We may not have enough time to get these items processed before TN expiration. And after filing of i-484 you cannot renew a TN vias. So does anyone know if she can renew her TN visa with no issue and we file the i-130 and I-484 90+ days after TN renewal? Sorry for the convoluted question...been a long day

J
          You should file AOS now and the moment you get receipts you ask for the i-765 to be expedited to avoid a break in employment and financial hardship.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mieiva View Post
            Hey! We have the same timeline and I am submitting from Atlanta as well. Submitted everything in July, fingerprint in August.. work permit in November. Yet, here I am with no any other news! I am hoping the interview is coming soon 😟
            any updates? Also a July Atlanta filer who has heard nothing since getting EAD/AP in October (and then again with corrected spelling in late January)

Comment

• Update: Testing and Interview

Hello Everyone,

I finally received notices last Friday via email that my Case Status changed to: Testing and Interview.

I received the actual notice in the mail on Tuesday with my interview date scheduled for next month. On the notice itself it had a checklist of items that need to be brought.

Anyone know if I am able to put all documents in a 3 ring binder? A friend mentioned to me that they don?t allow metal through the doors. So I wanted to make sure if anyone heard anything?

Thank you for your help and best of luck to everyone.

Originally posted by CA25 View Post
              Hi Everyone!!

New to the site and glad I found it. Anyone from Southern CA?
              Filed from California: I-130, I-485 and I-765

Timeline:
              PD:7/10/17
              Biometrics Apt: 8/1/17
              EAD Approval Notice: 10/5/17
              EAD Arrived: 10/13/17

My Status: "Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview"

Comment

• That is awesome!! Hopefully they will schedule me soon, PD 7/5, if I may ask, what date of next month is your interview date?

Hello Everyone,

I finally received notices last Friday via email that my Case Status changed to: Testing and Interview.

I received the actual notice in the mail on Tuesday with my interview date scheduled for next month. On the notice itself it had a checklist of items that need to be brought.

Anyone know if I am able to put all documents in a 3 ring binder? A friend mentioned to me that they don?t allow metal through the doors. So I wanted to make sure if anyone heard anything?

Comment

• Originally posted by CA25 View Post
                  Hello Everyone,

They don't like binders. They prefer folders/fasteners. You can get non-metal fasteners. Punch two holes at the top of the pages. Same way they recommend submitting your application + evidence package.

Comment

• Originally posted by clevelandzimo View Post
                    Hey guys, here's my timeline of applying for GC, hope it would help someone.
                    Field office - Cleveland

May 2017 - married
                    7/31/17 - all applications were filed - applied with my married name (different from name on passport)
                    8/3/17 - all applications were received (130, 131, 485, 765)
                    8/12/17 - biometric appointment notice
                    8/16/17 - went for biometric (although it's scheduled on 8/30, I had time conflict and went there early, had no issue)
                    LONG TIME OF WAITING
                    1/17/18 - interview notice
                    1/19/18 - received EAD+AP combo card
                    2/21/18 - interview day (lasted ~20-30 min, the officer was new but really nice; had a problem with the medical exam because the physician/nurse put the date of a lab test on the wrong spot; but the officer said it should be fine; but because of that, he couldn't check the box saying "approved and will recommend" but instead " cannot make a decision now"
                    3/7/18 - online status changed from "schedule for interview" to "new card was emailed to me"
                    3/8/18 - usps notification that a package from USCIS-lee summit MO is on its way - schedule to be delivered by 3/10/18
                    3/9/18 - greencard was delivered a day earlier than it's scheduled.
                    Congrats, at least with this time lines I can relate to my CASE and push my hope higher. It seems timelines has changed from 90 days or less to 4.5 months or more to receive EAD. I'm on the fourth months now waiting, for atleast an update.
                    Marriage based- Concurrent filling

01/09/2018 - PD date.
                    01/22/2018 - Date received NOA letters
                    01/23/2018 - Received Biometric App Notice
                    02/09/2018 - Biometric Walk-in
                    02/23/2018 - Received Courtesy letter for I-693
                    03/25/2018 - Applied for AP I-131
                    04/20/2018 - Raised SR for I-765 (day 101)
                    04/30/2018 - "Case Ready to schedule for an interview"
                    05/10/2018 - Recived AP I-131 card/form
                    06/05/2018 - EAD/Approved/Card on production
                    06/07/2018 - Interview/Approved/Card on production

Comment

• Organizing Docs

Congratulations on getting your interview date. I believe using a scrapbook will be great. It is compact, sturdy and professional looking. These can be purchased at Michael's or any other Art store.

My timeline in brief.
                      Place of filing: Flamingo, Florida

PD. Marriage based, July 18, 2017- combo-I130, I765, I485, I693, I864, photo evidence

Biometrics: Aug 21, 2017

Case ready to be interviewed Aug 24, 2017.

EAD/I765: Oct 4,2017 work permit received

I130: given to officer, started processing- April 11, 2018.

I485: General technical glitch status says USCIS has no info, contact customer Care. Call went to second level agent.

April 19, 2018- USCIS customer service says I 485 is showing on their end, it looks ok we are waiting on date for interview call back in 3-4 wks if status doesn't change.

Hello Everyone,

7. 18. 2017: I130, I131, I485, I864, I765 - Chicago Lockbox: 8. 15. 2017: Biom-Kendall, Florida
                      10. 5. 2017: EAD received: 6. 21. 2018: 7. 5. 2018: Interview I797C notice rec’d
                      7. 31. 2018: Interview-Kendall, Florida: 7. 31. 2018: Interview success: Imm. I485 approval: 8. 1. 2018: I130 approved
                      8. 3. 2018: Card is mailed to me (1485): 8. 8. 2018: 2-yr GC in hand: 6. 6. 2020: ROC: 9. 23. 2020: 10-yr Green Card
                      5. 6. 2021: Appl. for Nat.: 8. 16. 2021: Nat. Interview 10. 1. 2021: Oath Cer. Mailed

Comment

• Finally!!!!

GOOD MORNING LOS ANGELES FILERS!!!! I FINALLY RECEIVED MY INTERVIEW DATE!!

I am so exited!!! and nervous at the same time. My marriage is legit as can be but my husband is 15 years older than me and I am afraid they can see the age gap as non Bona Fide!!

We have lots of pictures, we have taxes together, the house bills and bank accounts under both our names. The cars insurance is under both our names, we bought a car under both our names, I am the only beneficiary in his life insurance and pension, medical insurance together. We are currently working on getting the loan to purchase our house together and much more documents.

What else can I put in our package on the day of the interview, any feed back will be much appreciated.

TIMELINE

Timeline:
                        "Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview" since 8/14/17
                        Interview Notice Received: 5/21/18
                        Interview Date: 6/19/18

My case status has not changed online in any of my USCIS accounts so be patient, its slow but it will get there.

THANK YOU!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Marbrisa21 View Post
                          GOOD MORNING LOS ANGELES FILERS!!!! I FINALLY RECEIVED MY INTERVIEW DATE!!

I am so exited!!! and nervous at the same time. My marriage is legit as can be but my husband is 15 years older than me and I am afraid they can see the age gap as non Bona Fide!!

We have lots of pictures, we have taxes together, the house bills and bank accounts under both our names. The cars insurance is under both our names, we bought a car under both our names, I am the only beneficiary in his life insurance and pension, medical insurance together. We are currently working on getting the loan to purchase our house together and much more documents.

What else can I put in our package on the day of the interview, any feed back will be much appreciated.

TIMELINE

Timeline:
                          "Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview" since 8/14/17
                          Interview Notice Received: 5/21/18
                          Interview Date: 6/19/18

My case status has not changed online in any of my USCIS accounts so be patient, its slow but it will get there.

THANK YOU!!!!
                          We have a 17 year age difference. We don't even think about it. I was worried at first, but we have concrete evidence of bona fide marriage. Do not let the age gap become the focus of your case. I would take pictures of activities you do together. I am teaching my husband how to play tennis. That's one thing we spend a lot of time doing. So we'll show pictures of that and receipts related to tennis when the time comes.

He is also 100% the only beneficiary on everything. Same as you. Believe me. You're fine. My parents had a 13 year age difference. So really, that's all I know. People with a 30 year age difference have been approved without the age gap ever becoming a topic during the interview.

All the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                            We have a 17 year age difference. We don't even think about it. I was worried at first, but we have concrete evidence of bona fide marriage. Do not let the age gap become the focus of your case. I would take pictures of activities you do together. I am teaching my husband how to play tennis. That's one thing we spend a lot of time doing. So we'll show pictures of that and receipts related to tennis when the time comes.

He is also 100% the only beneficiary on everything. Same as you. Believe me. You're fine. My parents had a 13 year age difference. So really, that's all I know. People with a 30 year age difference have been approved without the age gap ever becoming a topic during the interview.

All the best.
                            Yes. I know of a person I met who was 33 and his US citizen wife was 53. He told me he got the green card even though it took a long time for them to get it. Their interview lasted 23 minutes and they only had a bank account, gas bill and I think affidavits as evidence. Not sure how their removal of conditions went about as I?m aware that?s the most difficult part of the process.

Comment

• Did you recieve any updates via email or text?

Originally posted by marbrisa21 View Post
                              good morning los angeles filers!!!! I finally received my interview date!!

I am so exited!!! And nervous at the same time. My marriage is legit as can be but my husband is 15 years older than me and i am afraid they can see the age gap as non bona fide!!

We have lots of pictures, we have taxes together, the house bills and bank accounts under both our names. The cars insurance is under both our names, we bought a car under both our names, i am the only beneficiary in his life insurance and pension, medical insurance together. We are currently working on getting the loan to purchase our house together and much more documents.

What else can i put in our package on the day of the interview, any feed back will be much appreciated.

Timeline

timeline:
                              Pd:7/10/17
                              biometrics apt: 8/1/17
                              ead approval notice: 10/5/17
                              ead arrived: 10/13/17
                              "case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" since 8/14/17
                              interview notice received: 5/21/18
                              interview date: 6/19/18

my case status has not changed online in any of my uscis accounts so be patient, its slow but it will get there.

Thank you!!!!
                              just wanted to know if you had recieved any email/ text updates when you got you interview notice

Comment

• Hey guys

Filed in Atlanta in mid July 2017, just got text and email alerts saying our interview is scheduled!

Such relief! I am praying it falls on a date we can both take off work

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X