• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to contact to a Congressman in Orange County

Here are my timeline:

PD 7/17/2017 to NBC
    Finger Prints on 8/7/2017.
    I haven't heard anything from then. I called multiple times but they said to wait. How long should it take for me to get a work permit.

Also, how to contact a Congressman in Orange County, California

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by tranquoc View Post
      Here are my timeline:

PD 7/17/2017 to NBC
      Finger Prints on 8/7/2017.
      I haven't heard anything from then. I called multiple times but they said to wait. How long should it take for me to get a work permit.

Also, how to contact a Congressman in Orange County, California

Thanks!
      That is very long time not to get EAD. I would say call and speak with second tier officer.

Comment

• Originally posted by coffeeaddict View Post
        Damn I can't believe some May/June/July filers still haven't gotten their combo cards. That's a little ridiculous. I also really think that they should change their SR policy if the processing times are taking longer and longer.

Maybe try contacting your congressperson and ombudsperson instead? My SR hasn't been assigned and the expected reply date is this coming Monday! Lots of SRs have gone unanswered.

Pls how do I checknif my SR has been assigned?

Comment

• my 20 cents:

Ukraine, EB2, CA, filled with Nebraska

PD: 04/24/17
          USCIS received: 07/26/17
          I-140 approved: 07/31/17
          FP date: 08/28/17
          EAD/AP approved: 11/01/17
          Transferred to NBC: 12/20/17

nothing heard after the transfer so far

Comment

• Anyone gotten their interview yet?

Our paperwork was received 7/18

We received EAD/AP on 10/13 but my wife's name was misspelled, we just got the new corrected one yesterday

On 9/1, we got an alert saying they were ready to schedule our interview but havent heard since...

Comment

• My timeline

Waiting to be schedule for an interview since August 14, 2017. Our PD is 7/5/17, got my work permit in October very fast I thought but the rest... not so fast.

I raised a congressional inquiry back in November and they basically said it was taking six months in general to schedule an appointment for I-485. I was asked to get back to them in 90 days if nothing happen and those 90 days are coping up very soon.

Has anybody received an appointment date?

Dear Representative Barragan:

Thank you for your 11/14/2017, email on behalf of your constituent, Ms. YYYY YYYY YYYY XX
              regarding her I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status filled with .
              U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

We have reach out to the Adjustment Unit about Ms. YYYY YYYY 's I-485. Your constituent
              I-485 is pending for schedule of interview. We anticipate your constituent will be send an interview
              notice in the next 60-90 days. In general I-485 applications are schedule for interview after filing for
              six months. If your constituent does not get notice from USCIS in the next 90 days, please feel free to
              send another inquiry.

This response completes the Congressional Liaison Unit’s action on your inquiry. We hope this
              information is helpful. If we may be of further assistance, please let us know.

Comment

• How does passport expiration affect EAD processing

Hello,
                I am in America on F1 status. My Masters course ended on Dec 17, 2017 and my EAD card application was filed on Nov 21, 2017. My concern is that it's been 73 days for me and still no update on EAD processing. My passport is about to expire in April 2018. Will this affect my EAD processing.

Comment

• Originally posted by PRoy03 View Post
                  Hello,
                  I am in America on F1 status. My Masters course ended on Dec 17, 2017 and my EAD card application was filed on Nov 21, 2017. My concern is that it's been 73 days for me and still no update on EAD processing. My passport is about to expire in April 2018. Will this affect my EAD processing.
                  No you’re fine. As long as u came in legally and have a valid I-94.

Comment

• My Timeline so far

Hello,
                    Patience is a virtue but oh my is it hard to practice. This is my timeline. I hope it helps someone just as much as reading other's experience has helped me.
                    I live in Atlanta and I did all my paperwork myself. My husband is a USC and petitioning for me.

I submitted my i-130 in May 2017. (2 step process)
                    I submitted i-485 and i-765 in July 2017.
                    Biometrices was done in August 2017.
                    Status was changed to "Ready to schedule for an interview" in August 2017.
                    EAD card received November 2017 (after it was lost in the mail and took a lot of freaking out and searching)

Any one else from Atlanta?

Comment

• Originally posted by wolf0226 View Post
                      Hello,
                      Patience is a virtue but oh my is it hard to practice. This is my timeline. I hope it helps someone just as much as reading other's experience has helped me.
                      I live in Atlanta and I did all my paperwork myself. My husband is a USC and petitioning for me.

I submitted my i-130 in May 2017. (2 step process)
                      I submitted i-485 and i-765 in July 2017.
                      Biometrices was done in August 2017.
                      Status was changed to "Ready to schedule for an interview" in August 2017.
                      EAD card received November 2017 (after it was lost in the mail and took a lot of freaking out and searching)

Any one else from Atlanta?

Hey! We have the same timeline and I am submitting from Atlanta as well. Submitted everything in July, fingerprint in August.. work permit in November. Yet, here I am with no any other news! I am hoping the interview is coming soon 😟

Comment

• Originally posted by Mieiva View Post
                        Hey! We have the same timeline and I am submitting from Atlanta as well. Submitted everything in July, fingerprint in August.. work permit in November. Yet, here I am with no any other news! I am hoping the interview is coming soon 😟
                        Hey Mieiva! Yes the waiting is the hardest part. I'm thinking January was 6 months since submitting paperwork in July, so hopefully we'll hear news by end of February and March. I am also really hoping I get a decision on the day of interview and not be told I will have to wait weeks for decision.
                        I think that would be nerve wrecking.

Comment

• from TPS El Salvador to I-130/I-765/I-485

So... my fiance is from El Salvador, came on a 10 yr tourist visa long ago, applied for and has TPS for many years. Since their TPS will expire in 2019. We plan to get married and file a I-130 for him. I think we can file I-130, AOS (I-485) and work permit (I-765) all together. Is that correct? ANy advice on that? I also believe there is a certain mailing address that needs to be used with filing concurrently. I'd sure appreciate any advice or info. THANKS!! Sending speedy decisions and processes for everyone on this site!

Comment

• Originally posted by MNgringa View Post
                            So... my fiance is from El Salvador, came on a 10 yr tourist visa long ago, applied for and has TPS for many years. Since their TPS will expire in 2019. We plan to get married and file a I-130 for him. I think we can file I-130, AOS (I-485) and work permit (I-765) all together. Is that correct? ANy advice on that? I also believe there is a certain mailing address that needs to be used with filing concurrently. I'd sure appreciate any advice or info. THANKS!! Sending speedy decisions and processes for everyone on this site!
                            You can file everything concurrent yes.
                            When doing so, this is the address to send it:

USCIS Chicago Lockbox

For U.S. Postal Service (USPS) deliveries:

USCIS
                            PO Box 805887
                            Chicago, IL 60680-4120

For FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries:

USCIS
                            Attn: FBAS
                            131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
                            Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Comment

• Any update from MSC (National Benefits Center)

Hi all, is there anyone still waiting for EAD from MSC? I filed I-130, I-1485 and I-765 concurrently in July. I haven't got any updates and still waiting for my EAD.

Comment

• Originally posted by tranquoc View Post
                                Hi all, is there anyone still waiting for EAD from MSC? I filed I-130, I-1485 and I-765 concurrently in July. I haven't got any updates and still waiting for my EAD.
                                Hey, you should definitely try to reach the uscis somehow, it?s a bit long for a work permit to wait. I got mine in November, yet stuck in this interview hung ... ugh!!!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X